Episode 4.10: Something Nice Back Home (jack-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOIERFIX

Episode 4.10: Title Unknown (Jack-centric?)

Airdate: May 1, 2008

• 03/30 - Lost returned to the Windward Community College campus in Kaneohe today to film another scene at the "Santa Rosa Mental Institute." A sign was set up in back, fronting a sometimes soccer field, and Jack's old pickup truck was parked nearby. Filming took place inside Hale Kuhina, the continuing education/employment training building, with Jorge Garcia and Matthew Fox. A man dressed as a doctor (Dr. Stillman, perhaps, given recent casting calls) and a couple of burly orderlies were also sighted milling about. Hale Kuhina is within a stone's throw of the Hawaii State Hospital building and shady tree that served as the Santa Rosa lawn where Hurley received a mysterious visit from Charlie. On Friday, Lost set up shop in Hawaii Pacific University's Frear Center, located in an office building in downtown Honolulu. The scene took place inside "St. Sebastian Neuro Clinic," so of course Matthew Fox (Jack Shepherd) was spotted among dozens of extras dressed in medical garb. But also featured prominently was John Terry (Christian Shepherd). Brief shots were filmed at the clinic's front desk, and inside Dr. Jack Shepherd's office. Source: The Transmission
  • 03/22 - Dr. Stillman - Male, 50s, any ethnicity. A kind, but no-nonsense psychiatrist who reaches a wall with a patient and has to reach out for help. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
  • 03/17 - Dr. Erika Stevens - Female, African-American, late-30s or older. An intelligent, caring doctor who is not adverse to putting in long work hours to help her patients. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 03/12 - Walt's Island visitations are alluded to in episode 10, but that's it for explaining the mysteries of Walt for the rest of this much-shorter-than-it-should-be season four. Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 2 weeks later...

WHEN JACK'S HEALTH IS COMPROMISED, KATE AND JULIET MUST WORK TOGETHER TO SAVE HIM, ON ABC'S "LOST"

Source: ABC

"Something Nice Back Home" - When Jack's health is seriously compromised, Kate and Juliet must learn to work together in order to save him; and something goes wrong as Sawyer, Claire, Aaron and Miles continue their trek away from Locke's camp and back to the beach, on "Lost," THURSDAY, MAY 1 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Harold Perrineau as Michael.

Guest starring are Ken Leung as Miles, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Sam Anderson as Bernard, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose and Kevin Durand as Keamy.

"Something Nice Back Home" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Stephen Williams.

Source: Entertainment Weekly and Doc Arzt

April 11, 2008

"Episode 10 will include a Jack FF that will explain how he has become the broken man we saw in the Season Three Finale FF."

Photos from "Something Nice Back Home"

Source: ABC

What's happened to Jack?

jacktj4.jpg

Juliet playing nursemaid

illjackhv4.jpg

...and a very interesting stand-off photo!

lockesawyerstandoffma9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.10: Something Nice Back Home (Jack-centric)

Airdate: May 1, 2008

• 04/23 - TV Guide caught a scene shot for the May 1 episode in which Jack collapses, unconscious, on the beach. Expect Juliet to take charge and perform emergency surgery. "I get to go into Jack's guts!" says a gleeful Mitchell, who adds, "After reading this episode, I realized that Juliet really does truly love him." Even so, Jack's flash-forward revolves around Kate. Source: TV Guide
  • 04/23 - "The Shape of Things to Come" will be followed by a flash-forward installment for Jack. "We're starting to close the loop on the end of last season," says [Matthew] Fox. "Jack in the future is a man marked by weakness, but the Jack of the present is strong. You're going to understand how he made that transition." Source: Entertainment Weekly
  • 04/23 - On Juliet and Jack: "Well, Jack and Juliet obviously kissed in the sixth episode this year, and we will be sort of revisiting the emotional idea of that and their relationship in our second episode back, which is the one that airs on May 1," says Damon. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 04/21 - When Jack's health is seriously compromised, Kate and Juliet must learn to work together in order to save him; and something goes wrong as Sawyer, Claire, Aaron and Miles continue their trek away from Locke's camp and back to the beach. Guest starring are Ken Leung as Miles, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Sam Anderson as Bernard, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose and Kevin Durand as Keamy. Source: ABC

Sneak Previews for "Something Nice Back Home"

Sneak Peek 1

Sneak Peek 2

This was a very interesting episode full of several answers:

1. Yes, Danielle and Karl are most definitely dead. Although, I don't know about you, but I couldn't distinguish it to be their faces at all. Bleh!

2. Jack and Kate hook-up, get engaged, and then break up in the future. Poor Jack, why does he always have to self-destruct?

3. We now know what causes the beginning of Jack's demise into becoming a drunken, pill-popping bum. Hurley's message from Charlie-"you're not supposed to raise him, Jack", seems to either be something he's heard before, or something he just knows deep down. Either way, I'm sure Jack will be visited by his dad again...or maybe he already has seen him and that's how he seems to know that he and Claire are related. I say this because of his comment to Kate about her not even being related to Aaron. It seemed a bit cryptic- like there was more to it.

4. We know that Jack is instrumental in Kate's being a part of the Oceanic 6 when he said, "I saved you".

5. We know Sawyer chooses to stay behind. I don't know about you, but I love what Sawyer's character is becoming and can see him becoming the leader for those left behind.

6. Charlotte speaks Korean. Don't you just love Jin? That was a good call on his part and I thought his threat was pretty funny, but she seemed to have bought it. It does makes me wonder even more about Charlotte and who she really is working for.

7. I see further confirmation that Jin will not be dead, but rather, left behind on the island due to his plea to Charlotte.

8.We now know how Aaron and Claire get separated. CREEPY. Did the "island" take Claire? Why? What for? (Oops, that's three questions, not answers!)

9. Any possible Jack and Juliet romance is now official dead- and I'm glad. Gotta love Juliet though. Pure class.

10. Charlie's message to Jack only reinforces the psychic's message to Claire in season 1- only Claire must raise Aaron. I'm guessing that this is what is destroying Jack and is the ultimate pull which drives him to want to return to the island (last season's finale). Mr. fix-it man, that Jack! My question is, how will Kate ever come to that realization seeing as she is so attached to Aaron? Or rather, WHOwill visit her to make her come to that conclusion? The step-dad she killed? Her childhood boyfriend? Shannon? :animated_scratchchin: (I know, more questions)

I missed all but the last 15 minutes, but what when Ghostbuster said, "She followed her dad", I immediately thought Christian. But, did Claire know her father? In her flashback, i only remember her talking about her mother. Never her father. If that were me, in that situation (stranded on an island with baby, never knowing my father) and after my house exploded, some man appeared in the jungle and said he was my dad, the last thing I would do would follow him. Hell, Ethan only happened a few months ago. So, did Ghostbuster lie about Claire going willingly?

But then, I was thinking that Claire maybe never survived the explosion and that the Claire that Sawyer saved was a manifestation. And then I got a headache. :)

I missed all but the last 15 minutes, but what when Ghostbuster said, "She followed her dad", I immediately thought Christian. But, did Claire know her father?

Yes, Claire has met Christian and knows he is her father. In the flashback when claire's mother dies is when claire meets christian and tells him she wants nothing to do with him.

2. Jack and Kate hook-up, get engaged, and then break up in the future. Poor Jack, why does he always have to self-destruct?

You forgot to ask...Who was Kate talking to? What exactly was she doing for Sawyer and why would Sawyer not want Jack to know about it?

You forgot to ask...Who was Kate talking to? What exactly was she doing for Sawyer and why would Sawyer not want Jack to know about it?

You're right, I forgot about that! If I had to guess, I'd say she was talking to Cassidy, Sawyer's old girlfriend, the mother of his child, Clementine. My guess is that Sawyer wanted Kate to get in touch with her and give her something. What, I don't know- a note, perhaps? Financial support? Dunno. And as to why Sawyer wouldn't want Jack to know- don't know that either. But my hunch is that it will be Cassidy.

But then, I was thinking that Claire maybe never survived the explosion and that the Claire that Sawyer saved was a manifestation. And then I got a headache.

Now that's an intriguing theory... :animated_scratchchin: it makes my head hurt too!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: Something Nice Back Home

I

Francis, your theory of Claire possibly being dead is also being discussed elsewhere...and its weird but it actually makes some sort of sense- my brain is on overload so everything seems to be making sense to me these days!

Here's a well-thought out response on this subject posted at Entertainment Weekly:

"On Claire If you were baffled by Claire's statement ''at least I'm not seeing things anymore,'' I'll repeat the intel I reported last week: Apparently, there was a scene in ''The Shape of Things to Come'' in which Claire had a hallucination after the freighter mercs blew up her New Otherton cabin, but it was cut for time. My hunch is that her hallucination foreshadowed the moment last night in which she saw Ghost Dad (now Ghost Grandpa) cradling Aaron by the campfire. ''Dad?'' she exclaimed

Lost is an intriguing story--this is one storyline which must take a lot of charts to keep together. What has me intriqued is:

Who is Ben really? Why does he have "perfect" information on everyone? Is he part of an intelligence unit? Is it being implied he is a "superior" being (one with perfect knowledge? Is this the mystical power of the island? Obviously having perfect knowledge would allow you to make a killing on the stock market or in horse racing. This would be worth acquiring and worth faking the deaths of the plane crash survivors for.

What I like about this series is the skillful way the writers are weaving this story and keeping new developments surprising mainly by keeping most of the characters in the dark (which is what things are like in real life for people).

Are they in some form of alternative life?

Lots of excellent fun aspects to this story--I am riveted (if not also puzzled) to my seat every week.

Lots of excellent fun aspects to this story--I am riveted (if not also puzzled) to my seat every week.

Me too, haakon, me too! ;)

Another interesting tidbit from this episode:

The book Jack was reading to Aaron was Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. More specifically, from the 2nd chapter when Alice begins to grow large. This is the part of the chapter Jack read:

Alice took up the fan and gloves, and, as the hall was very hot, she kept fanning herself all the time she went on talking:

Archived