Sunday, March 23rd

CrabMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you get rid of the loud strong players or the funny crazy ones and leave the Sharons, Sheilas, and Ryans you get boring TV ratings drop and the show could be in trouble for the next season should the number of viewers drop, so I think at some points they the higher up steps in. The cast members are under contract and I'm sure must remain silent and maybe walk away with some bonus cash like Chelsia with $21,000.

If the cast is playing all on their own with no help coming from behind the scenes it's sad and they need all our prayers.

Why do we need to so desperately believe that they (the producers) are stepping in? Are we going to have to bring in Sculder and Mully, of the BB-Files (not to be confused with Mulder and Scully of the X-Files) because the "Big Brother's truth is out there"? LOL

They don't need to worry about stepping in because boring characters....they're not randomly selecting house guests, they are psychologically screened, and tested to find contestants that have a bit of extrovert in them, but with personalities different enough to provide the house the right mix of cooperation and conflict. The game is structured to ensure that there's never going to left, for very long, any boring characters...this includes adding the "twist", so good players, who are quick enough to assess their competition, and devise a strategy can't implement it, then sit back and coast to the final two.

In short, there's no need for the producers to step in mid-stream to influence game play...the screening of the contestants, and yes, the audience eliminates that need. By tracking how many times you visit a website, which pages you visit the most, where you go next (the computer savvy already know this, but most of us have "cookies" in our computers from CBS/BB/et. al., to help develop a "picture" of who we are), the responses to polls, and what you write on message forums...statistics can be gathered, and contestant/audience profiles developed, which can indicate likely behavior(s), and/or the likely behavior/response when given a specific set of stimuli, while still allowing for randomness that makes a game fair and interesting...

Of course, it's not as interesting as some of the BB message boards though...I'm thinking about developing my own reality TV-based game show where we observe people who write to BB Message Forums, about their observations of people on a reality TV-based game show who...observe...well, each other. Each week, the contestants will be given a challenging topic, either about an event on that TV game show or those that created the game show, and they'll have to write a post that won't get pulled! About halfway through the season, we'll add a twist, as evidenced by the show's motto, "Because you don't expect to expect the unexpected except if you find you're accepted by the ex-contestants", where I'll pair up the writers with the their favorite houseguest they love to dislike, called their "Hate Mate"...details of what happens next are a bit sketchy, but I'm trying to work in some gratuitous nudity, and a way to use State Primaries and super delegates as part of the voting and jury.

I'll call it "American Big Brother Forum Idols"!

Catchy, right?

Anyhoo...back to your theory...this is America...the place where we sue over the coffee being too hot, and need warnings on plastic bags to keep from suffocating when we, for some reason, place it over our head. That said, do you really believe that $21,000 is enough to keep someone, who could've won $500,000, from squealing like a stuck pig if the game was rigged in any way? In the America I know, they'd sue to get the $500K, keep the $21K they were already given, ask for a piece of the production, then negotiate with Playboy to do a nude, but tastefully art-y, magazine spread...for Chelsia that is. The others might have other preferences when it comes to the magazines in which they'd like to be featured:

"Hustler" for Natalie (self-explanatory)

"Soldier of Fortune" for Josh (There's just something about a man in uniform...soooo butch!)

"Basement" for Sheila (A partnership between Penthouse magazine and AARP for models a bit past their prime)

"Opthamology Today" for Adam (possibly also "Modern Neanderthal Monthly")

"Hooked on Phonics" for Matty (also possibly doing, "Opthamology Today", in collector's edition boy-boy layout with Adam)

"The Watchtower" for Sharon (because I can't help but ignore her too)

"Amazing Stories" for Ryan (hopefully he'll explain how the hell he managed to snag Jen")

"Fire Engineering" for James (The guy is packing a lot of hose...respect)

:)

CrabMan

Once again.. I'm a little behind.. How did Chelsia get $21000?

She decided to not wear her make-up for her last five days...saved her about $10,000, and Sephora gave her $11,000 to never, never ever endorse their products.

That, or she won some sort of comp the other night.

;)

BJ

Archived