Questions and Answers

indypeg26

I'd bet a nickle it was Howie. Token vote, maybe. We'll find out when it's up at cbs, or possibly earlier as Morty's seems to have the quickest "scoopers".

Thanks meinva for posting the link.

Shiraz2005, welcome to Morty's !

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BaileySue
Here is where to view voting history on the cbs sitehttp://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/_show/vh.shtml

Thanks. I knew I saw it somewhere. Actually if people spent more time on the official site, they'd learn a lot (hint, hint, hint). :wink:

Guest Shiraz2005

tymorty! Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to typing to all of you! I wasn't going to watch BB6, because its three days a week, but the twist sounded so good... I couldn't resist. It's SO addicting!

Guest K-Raegraphics

If someone wins the power of Veto, and uses it to save someone, can the veto holder get put up as well as the other members?

Didn't Julie say at the begining of the season that this year that some POV comp there may not be a Winner???? hmmmmm Wonder if this will one of them....... They won't be ABLE to bring James off........That would leave Eric in the house one more week for sure..... You Understand What I'm Saying..................

Well lets just hope thats not the case.... Another week of eric wil drive us all insane I am sure...GO KAYSAR GO!!!!!LOL

Guest MickeysMom
Where do the people go when they are evicted? Are they put in another house or do they go home??

Best I can figure out is they never return. Except for bits in future BB episodes.

They probably shipped them off to some tropical deserted island......and allow them to live happily (?) ever after. LOL

But seriously, IMO, the way it looks is that until it gets to the point of the jury, I think they go home.....to return at the end - rap party.

But since this is the summer of secrets, we can't be sure that everyone won't be on the jury. Julie seemed to be hinting that we will see everyone again when she said goodbye to each of them.

Those of us with the feeds know that they cut away or tell the HGs to stop singing and quoting movies when they do it. My question is why? Do they really have to pay when someone sings a song? Are they not just showing people living their lives while playing the game? I can understand if someone is in the HOH listening to music and we can hear it, but someone singing is grounds for paying royalties? I guess I owe alot of money.

Guest DraftKing

If they broadcast the performance of copyrighted lyrics, they could potentially have to pay royalties to the songwriters. That's why houseguests are told not to sing and why they cut to fish when someone does start singing.

I know why they do it, but I don't understand why someone singing is cause to pay royalties. They are not playing the actual song, and they are not making money from them singing(we don't pay for the feeds to listen to them sing). Stupid copyright laws.

Guest Witness

Any music broadcast on comercial media has to pay out royalties. My friend is a musician and he got a check for $2500 from SOCAN for royalties because the they played part of one of his songs during a Stanley Cup playoff game in colorado. That wasn't even the lion share since he only recieved money for being the writer. The record company that holds the rights to the actual song until the album is paid off got the majority of it for owning the recording.

The only songs they could get away with singing and CBS NOT having to pay huge royalties (because the show broadcasts internationally) would be public domain songs like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

They can't even sing Happy Birthday to You since the copyright on that song is still owned and active.

Guest Shockalot

It was either BB1 or BB2 where CBS BB was sued by several songwriters after the houseguests were recorded and broadcasted singing their songs.

Pretty freaking sad aint it!

This includes humming!!

Booooo to letigious types!

According to a website I went to it says you can sing a copyrighted song in your house, or somewhere else as long as you do it in a private place. If you do it in a public place, like a restaraunt, or a sporting event, you need to pay royalties.

How does this explain karaoke? I've never seen anyone pony up any money when they butcher Christina Aguilara at the local pub.

I think there are the legal reasons as other have already stated, but I also think BB has its own game play reasons as well, so they strictly enforce the no singing rule. I think a small amount of fudging would be overlooked by entertainmentmusic industry because the HGs are not trying to profit from humming their favorite tune, so I suspect BB has its own motives.