The War at Home (Fox Sitcom)

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

Saturday, July 16, 2005

050716entertainment.jpg

The War at Home

ICKY PARALLEL: There's bad taste, and then there's this: Fox has slotted the premiere of its traditional family sitcom, The War at Home, for the fourth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Who's My Daddy? notwithstanding, can the net really be that insensitive? A source close to the show says War staffers "were all a little shocked and horrified" by the move, and they're not alone. "I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but Fox should seriously consider launching the show on another day," says Ed Martin, an editor at MediaVillage.com. "To see that title on that day would be confusing, not to mention tacky." Fox declined to comment, but a network insider points out that, "The show has absolutely nothing to do with war or world events." In that case, wow, the title is just perfect!

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The War at Home

Who dares interrupt my Sunday night of First Amendment-protected comedy? Actually, I'm just trying to start with a bang

• 4 weeks later...

The show cracks me up. It reminds me of an updated Married w Children.

The situation with the questionably gay son is histerical...especially because he's not gay but his best friend just happens to be gay, even though he has no idea that his friend is gay. I think the friend has a crush on him too.