Ryan

CeCiMom

How can you help but feel for the guy, I know that he signed up for this, but not to be able to connect with his family members on the outside during this personal matter has got to be REALLY HARD!!! I've never had a prob with Ryan in the game, except his skank of a GF, but I hope that BB let's him greive however he needs to...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheila is old enough to be Ryan's mom and she's the mom of the house. I think that he knew he would find some solice by telling Sheila and that she would be sympathetic, like a mom. Ryan is being strong. Very sad to have that happen while he's in the BB House...

Miami I agree... symapathy card or not, just have everyone read the letter and get it out, it may suck for Ry, but let everyone know what's up, instead of hiding it and making him look like he can't just come clean with the truth... These HGs disgust me, that he is more worried about them thinking it would be for sympathy, instead of, hey a reality check, My Grandpa just passed away... Game aside, this is life, or unfortunately in this case, death...

My grandfather, who is 90 also, has recently took a turn for the worse. I expect to get the call any day now. I am hoping he will live to see my son's baptism next week. So I totally feel for Ryan. I would hope you all wouldn't discount Ryan's feelings simply because it was his grandfather.

My grandfather was an excellent role model to me, someone who was closer to me than my own dad. I have already begun the grieving process because he has become demented and lost a lot of his mind.

If I were in the same position as Ryan, I would not want to tell others, too. I would worry people would think it was a Johnny Fairplay move. I would also worry that it would somehow become a part of the game. Let my private feelings of grief be private, y'know??

Please...cut the guy some slack, for me, huh?

My grandfather, who is 90 also, has recently took a turn for the worse. I expect to get the call any day now. I am hoping he will live to see my son's baptism next week. So I totally feel for Ryan. I would hope you all wouldn't discount Ryan's feelings simply because it was his grandfather.

My grandfather was an excellent role model to me, someone who was closer to me than my own dad. I have already begun the grieving process because he has become demented and lost a lot of his mind.

If I were in the same position as Ryan, I would not want to tell others, too. I would worry people would think it was a Johnny Fairplay move. I would also worry that it would somehow become a part of the game. Let my private feelings of grief be private, y'know??

Please...cut the guy some slack, for me, huh?

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, may everything work out for the best for you and your family!

:animated_scratchchin:

umm, I was trying to show people that it IS possible to feel close to a grandfather...not to just discount it as gameplay because of Johnny Fairplay. I appreciate anyone's thoughts, but I did not intend the post to be all about me, thanks.

Let's just let Ryan grieve and not speculate on him using this in some way for the game unless he comes right out and blatantly starts to use it...

Thanks for posting the obit link MsT. Ryan and his family have my sympathy. Like I said in a earlier post....I think he needed someone to talk to.....and I can understand him not wanting the whole house to know. Sheila is a yapper....but I don't think she'll blab it to the others.

:pixiedust:

swtogirl....I understood what you were trying to say.....

Guest nerorowan

I did not mean to offend swto girl. I was trying to make a point that relating your experience was NOT you making it about you but a human being relating a painful real experience. Sheila did the same thing and was accused of trying to make it "all about her" I apologize and please accept my condolences.

This is really off topic and discussed, but may have been discussed when the season started, but I just watched Ryan's preshow interveiw because I didn't know where to find them until UVP had posted one in another thread and I noticed that he said that he was single and kinda talking to someone but he was definitely single... I thought he and Jen had been together for awhile and I thought he had even mentioned getting her a ring on the feeds.

WTF people can't talk to certain people without the who house getting paranoid and going nuts. They all have to pretend like they are not friends because people might think they are in an alliance.

Because unless they are told otherwise, the HG's are not suppose to get information from the outside. Josh doesn't even know Ryan's grandfather died, he was just given the "it's personal, dude." That's the excuse everyone uses when they've been busted conspiraring against the person asking, "what were you talking about." Josh is paranoid because he has back alliances with everyone.

I believe that because he just told Shelia (WTF??), it will look like a Fairplay moment to the other hg's.

Archived