Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Ghost Whisperer

I don't know..that was creepy.

But I don't think she will go with him...I think she will stay and help out.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Ghost Whisperer Season 2 Preview!

Ghost Whisperer creator John Gray has inked a new two-year deal with Touchstone Television to continue on as executive producer/show-runner. Assaying the show's freshman-year success, Gray tells the Hollywood Reporter, "We seem to have tapped into some desire and need from the audience to believe that there is more there than you can see." Calling the series a "hybrid of horror and character-driven story," Gray says that for Season 2, "We're very interested in developing our mythology further while staying true to the [formula]

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Hewitt Keeps Spirits Up for 'Ghost Whisperer'

Actress reflects on the show and how talking to ghosts can be exhausting

By Hanh Nguyen

June 16 2006

22294549.jpg

Jennifer Love Hewitt of 'Ghost Whisperer'

LOS ANGELES -- Before heading back to work for her second season on the hit CBS show "Ghost Whisperer," Jennifer Love Hewitt reflects on the past TV season and how her character Melinda Gordon, a newlywed who helps earthbound spirits with their final tasks, may become a defining role for her.

"She's just a defining person really. So, if it becomes a defining role for me, it would be an honor," says the actress during an interview to promote her latest film, "Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties." "I'd be really, really happy with that. She's a great woman to play. What she tries to do for the world with her gift or without, is pretty extraordinary."

In May, the first season of the show concluded with Melinda's biggest and most heartwrenching task to date. She helps a plane full of crash victims cross over to the other side, but is devasted by the loss of person in particular. In the tearjerker finale, her friend, business partner and confidant Andrea (Aisha Tyler) died when the plane landed on her car.

"I'm a little nervous to go into a second season and, hopefully, [we'll] be able to do bigger and better than we did in the first season and have people still watch," says Hewitt. "We have some really exciting stuff happening in the very beginning of the show but it's all top secret."

But will Andrea be seen or heard from again? This is, after all, a show where getting killed doesn't necessarily mean the end.

"Maybe," says Hewitt coyly. "For a short period of time."

After a season of conversing with ghosts and then finishing "Garfield," in which the titular cat was added later with computer graphics, Hewitt is used to talking to thin air on camera.

"We always do what we call an 'MOG' shot, 'Mit Out Ghost,'" she says with a laugh because "mit" is German for "with." "They always let me do it first with them standing there so that I know what they are doing, what they're looking like. Then they take them away and have me stand there and do the same thing with the close ups or the over-the-shoulders.

"Most of the time, we're not playing the whole scene, so I'll just do my lines and I won't have anybody speaking in between," she continues. "It was weird to get used to the first time. It's only embarrassing when we're shooting outside with Melinda in the middle of the park and everybody's looking at her like 'What's wrong with this person? Why is she standing there talking to herself?'"

While all the supernatural stuff doesn't disturb her, the demands of leading a one-hour drama can get pretty taxing, a situation shared by other actors in the same boat.

"I'll see people who are the lead on a one-hour drama ... like Jennifer [Finnigan] from 'Close to Home' she'll come up and go, 'Oh my God. Are you okay?'" recalls Hewitt. "And I'm like, 'Are you sleeping?' and she goes, 'No, not really.' It's this small group of people who are absolutely just wrecked, the most unhealthy people ever but psyched to be there."

Not only does Hewitt have to learn lines for more scenes than any actor on her show, but she also has to be the set cheerleader to "keep the energy level up." So it's no wonder that this summer, she decided to relax and not take a summer job during her hiatus.

"Other than doing a few publicity things here and there, I've really done nothing," she says. "There is more stuff that I've learned how to cook and I've laid out in the sun and played with my dog and just kind of been a person, which is extremely important because, come July 10th, I'll no longer be a person. For nine months it'll just be work, work, work."

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: What's the latest on Aisha Tyler staying/leaving Ghost Whisperer?

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Why would Ghost Whisperer consider Camryn Manheim as a replacement for Aisha Tyler? There must be someone else that would be a better choice. Anyone else would be a better choice!

Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

Hewitt Confirms Ghost Casting

12:00 AM, 17-JULY-06

hewitt_ghostwhisperer_tn.jpg

Jennifer Love Hewitt, star of CBS' hit supernatural series Ghost Whisperer, confirmed to SCI FI Wire that Camryn Manheim would join the cast as a regular, replacing Aisha Tyler, and that Jay Mohr would make a recurring appearance in the upcoming second season. "We have some new people coming, which is going to be great," Hewitt said in an interview on July 15 at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. "We have Camryn Manheim joining the show, which we're really excited about. And Jay Mohr [Action] is going to be on for a while. So we have really good guest stars this year. And people that are, I think, going to kind of make the cast more exciting. And it's been really good. We've been back to work for a week now."

Manheim (The Practice) arrives as Tyler

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airing Fridays at 8 p.m.

08/08 - Episode 2.01 - Love Never Dies [Airing September 22]: Camryn Manheim joins the cast as a local real estate broker interested in antiques that befriends Melinda after the death of Andrea.

Season Premiere Friday September 22 8pm Eastern on CBS

SPOILER ALERT ....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

08/17 - Episode 2.02 - Love Still Won't Die: Melinda is dealing with the ghosts of her calculating ex-boyfriend Kevin McCall and a teenage Will Barton who loves rock and roll and is trying to spread the love to living teens whom he feels are good enough for his collection. He is haunting 13-year-old Ned Boyd, who is pressured into stealing vintage rock and roll items.

08/25 - Episode 2.03 - Drowned Lives: Melinda meets 6-year-old drowning victim Emily when she visits new friends that moved into Emily's old house. They are having problems with the "lemon" house, not realizing a ghost is causing them. She must reunite Emily's 12-year-old brother with their estranged father before Emily is at peace enough to cross over.

09/01 - Episode 2.04 - The Ghost Within: Melinda buys a set of haunted ornaments from Liz at the local flea market. Through the ornaments, she meets and must help the ghost of Dennis, a highly functioning autistic man, reunite his autistic girlfriend, Liz's daughter Christine, with the mother that had abandoned her years before. Kevin Weisman guest stars as Dennis.

09/07 - Episode 2.05 - Giving Up The Ghost: The ghost of a former baseball pitching star, Matt, haunts a current pitcher, Justin, from the same high school's team. Matt played baseball with Jack, Justin's coach, and was killed in the same car wreck that injured Jack. Matt blames Jack for the injury and is out for revenge. A young Jim (David Conrad) also appears as a possible recurring character.

09/14 - Episode 2.06 - A Grave Matter: The ghost of Adam Godwin begins haunting a cemetery because he claims he was buried in the wrong grave and is being mourned by the wrong wife every night. He was estranged from his wife and young daughter, a situation which reminds Melinda of her own family problems. She must work to reunite the other man with his wife and reconcile Adam with his wife and very bitter daughter so he can cross over.

I cried off and on thru the whole show. Glad that Andrea didnt go over to the dark side.

09/21 - Episode 2.07 - The Woman of His Dreams: The ghost of supermodel Eva Turner, who died during plastic surgery, comes to Jim in a dream. He and Melinda figure out that she can't cross over, because she has to protect her younger sister from the same fate. We meet Jim's poker buddies, who are freaked out by the strange events going on at Jim and Melinda's house and a co-worker, who falls for Delia.

09/28 - Episode 2.08 - A Vicious Cycle: Jim traces an abandoned car that was found with a doll in the backseat back to Brad Fowler. Melinda meets the ghost of Anna, Brad's wife, who left then died when their daughter was three years old. Brad tells Melinda that his wife abandoned him and their daughter. Anna can't remember the accident but tells Melinda she is scared because she doesn't know where her daughter is and it is important she finds her and keep her safe. Melinda must find Lane and help her figure out the truth about her father, mother, and the past, so she can be safe in the present, and only then will Anna feel okay to cross over.

10/05 - Episode 2.09: Melinda meets the ghost of Warren, a chef who died in a fire at the Chinese restaurant where he worked. The fire is blamed on Warren and before he can cross over, he wants revenge on whoever really set the fire and set him up, to clear his name with his family and his wife, Lucy. After his death, he starts a fire, threatening Melinda and telling her he will burn the town to the ground if he doesn't get his revenge.

10/16 - Episode 2.10 - The Curse of the Ninth: Melinda meets Brandon, the waiter in a nightclub, who has quit playing the guitar since his friend Jared's death. Jared has not crossed over to prevent Brandon from playing his music, so he can't upstage Jared as the better musician. Also haunting Brandon is his father who, while alive, had forced Brandon to learn classical music only, telling him rock and roll was a waste of time. After his death, he realized Brandon's true talent and passion is the rock and roll and wants to convince him to continue with his music.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Ghost Whisperer

by Jeannine Rochon-Burkart

October 28, 2006: The Telltale Face

Isn't Jim the best husband ever? He finds green scarab beetles "actually quite beautiful," he doesn't get all that cranky when Melinda's visitors "go portal" on him, and he doesn't cheat on Melinda with a gorgeous super model ghost. [i guess some blonde ghosts don't have more fun]. And if that weren't enough, turns out he was a total sweetie to the class "ugly duckling" at a high school dance? Jim: You had me at "hello."

Tonight's episode was fun, because any time I can get more of Debi Mazar, I'm in. Knowing that in real-life, she's quite the fashionista, it was cute seeing her play the role of a cosmetics guru. Also, I always remembered Markie Post [Night Court] most as a chipper kind of lady, so I enjoyed her in this shallow, "Cruella DeAgent" role. I don't know how I feel about that whole "30 is practically a senior citizen in this business" concept, but... it's only a TV show. Right? Right??

As I watched tonight's episode, I thought to myself that if I had a daughter, I would love to watch this with her. It had a message in it that I wish women could see more often on-screen, all the way down to the curvaceous woman "getting the guy," while sticking out like a [beautiful] sore thumb in a room full of "perfect" super models. Camryn Manheim is such a great "be true to yourself" success story in the acting world. "Bravo" to the writers and to J. Love for an episode with a much needed "body positive" message.

Spoiler Alert:

I saw the whole "botched plastic surgery" twist coming a mile away. Appendectomy my foot, the peeling of the face was a pretty obvious clue. But it made a nice, creepy image for a Friday-before-Halloween episode.

Posted by Jeannine Rochon-Burkart 10/28/06 2:19 AM

I enjoyed seeing Jim get a dose of Melindas day. It eas also nice to see more of him then just a quick glimpse at the begging or end of the show.

10/28 - Episode 2.11 - Cat's Claw: Melinda deals with a bleeding plant from Peru, telekinetic episodes in the university botany lab and the ghost of Dr Martin Schaer, who died while on expedition with his fiancee, Dr Penn Grogan, who blames herself for the death. When she attempts suicide, Schaer's ghost appears to Melinda for her help in communicating with Dr Grogan to help save her from herself.

10/07 - Episode 2.12 - Dead Reckoning: Melinda is trying to communicate with Hugh Bristo. She can't speak with him properly, since he's in a coma and not dead yet. His younger, beautiful wife Lisa is asking his doctors to take him off life support, telling everyone that is what her husband wanted, but his parents are fighting her in court against it, calling her a gold digger and blaming her for his illness and the fact that he is in a coma.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Ghost Whisperer

by Jeannine Rochon-Burkart

November 3, 2006: Don't You Forget About Me

The Deep

Tonight's episode made me cry. I found the themes particularly sensitive, so this week's ghost story struck some chords with this viewer.

The "sins of the father" impacting a family like a generational curse is particularly profound and a topic that can never be explored too deeply or conveyed too urgently. The bond between Mama Ghost and Lanie also came as a surprise: they both found the courage to "leave him." Studies on abusive relationships over the years have proven that leaving isn't as easy as one would think, but it can be done. It must be done. I love that this episode showed that it can be done. Pretty deep stuff for spooky television.

The Creeps

Speaking of spooky television, should I take a poll to see how many of us find dolls thoroughly creeptastic? OK, all those who feel permanently scarred by every creepy doll ever flashed on a screen, raise your hand. "Me!" Had I been in Lanie's haunted shoes, I would have preferred a baby blanket as a token of Mama Ghost's love. But that's just me, I guess. I know, I know, I'm a wimp!

The Shallow

I'm only commenting on "the girls" (yes, you know of which "girls" I speak) because they are it is a recurring topic among Ghost Whisperer critics and fans... and probably the cast, too. I felt like tonight was a low-cleavage night. Low as in "not as much," not low as in, "Hello!" Can I get a witness? I do understand what you wonderful Ghost commenters mean as you discuss her eyelashes, though. Jennifer, you are a natural doe-eyed babe; we would love you in a burlap sack sans the falsies (lashes, people, I'm talking about the eyelashes).

The Omen

We all love Jim, so I'm sure I'm not the only one alarmed (pun intended) by the fiery previews of next week's episode. I really hope that we don't lose Jim to November sweeps. I'm already afraid to look.

Posted by Jeannine Rochon-Burkart 11/4/06 1:47 AM

November 10, 2006: I'm Singin' in the Rain

Living with an addiction to shows like Lost, Desperate Housewives and Battlestar Galactica can turn a TV fan into a nervous wreck these days, especially during November sweeps. These shows have been putting the "hang" in cliff-hanger lately, so I didn't really watch tonight's Ghost Whisperer in a relaxed, "Friday night TV" sort of fashion. I also happen to know that this Ghost Whisperer fan wasn't the only one on edge from this week's "a fire will tear them apart" promo. I feel silly admitting this, but I thought about all of you as the hour unfolded tonight. You have given me great comfort, as I've learned over the past couple of weeks that: 1) I'm not the only one who cries every week when I watch this show, 2) I'm not the only one who loves Jim and Melinda together, and 3) I'm also not the only one who would be about as heartbroken as Melinda if Jim ever left us.

All together now, let us pause for a moment and take a nationwide Ghost Whisperer-community collective sigh of relief: Deep breath in... now out... phew! Jim is still with us. It truly was just an overblown (pun intended) sweeps promo. Not only that, Jim proved even further tonight that he is indeed Mr. Wonderful. Can I call him McScreamy? Nah, doesn't have the same sexy something as McDreamy or McSteamy. McJim? I didn't think so.

This week was the first time the actual crossing-over scene wasn't what filled my tear ducts to full capacity. Although that moment was heartfelt and well-acted, it was Delia and Melinda's anniversary/husband talk at the store that got to me. It was so subtle and real, it reminded me of conversations that I've had with friends that turn into "that" moment. The one when friends reach beyond the words of shared advice and experiences and communicate so much more with the spaces in between the words. Applause to Jennifer Love Hewitt and Camryn Manheim for a truly great scene.

(And to the Ghost Whisperer powers-that-be, do I need to start my own campaign trail for Camryn Manheim? She's an award-winning actress that I know can be better utilized, and her scenes with J. Love are always so great. I know that I'm not the only one who's got "more Camryn Manheim" on my Ghost Whisperer wish list. I'll leave it at that... for now.)

As I continue my week, it is pretty much certain that if I see a hot-dog stand or a red umbrella, I may fall to pieces. Also, I absolutely knew there was no way Jim was about to forget their anniversary, but the way he remembered and surprised Melinda was so real. Of course, that tangible chemistry between J. Love and David Conrad definitely adds to that "real-couple" quality we love. It was a refreshing change this week to see a beautiful ending belong to Jim and Melinda alone on their special day, rain or shine.

(PS: Did anyone else notice that the street in Jesse's (Jason Gedrick) address had the word "Ash" in it? Nice touch).

Posted by Jeannine Rochon-Burkart 11/11/06 1:14 AM

November 19, 2006: I've Got the Music In Me

I've never been a fan of the whole "pop/rock guest star" sweeps stunt on dramatic or comedic TV shows

11/24 - Episode 2.13 - Deja Boo: Melinda meets the ghost of a young man named Eric, who died recently from an aneurysm. Melinda figures out Eric has been reincarnated many times as different people, including Johnny Richmond, who died of meningitis and Richard Johnson, who died of a gunshot wound. Melinda must convince Eric to come back and not fight being reincarnated again when he starts to threaten the woman who is carrying a baby that Eric will become. Melinda meets with Professor Payne about reincarnation, who now apparenly fully knows her secret, and Eric's sister Brenda. Delia prepares for a dinner date with a customer but begins to have second thoughts.

12/04 - Episode 2.14 - Speed Demon: Melinda meets Cindy, a young woman who owns an auto repair shop, and young brothers, Gordon and Michael. Gordon is following in their father's footsteps and racing cars trying to save the family business while Michael is in school and staying away from racing. When Gordon dies, Michael decides he has to race to save the business, and Gordon's ghost and Melinda must convince Michael that he needs to live his life and his dreams and not just the dreams of his brother and family.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIES & FEATURES

Ghost Whisperer's Camryn Manheim Is Full of Love

by Angel Cohn

061215interview1.jpg

Camryn Manheim, Ghost Whisperer

Many fans were shocked by the season-ending death of Aisha Tyler's Andrea on Ghost Whisperer (Fridays at 8 pm/ET). But true to form, Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) picked herself up and found a new friend, Delia, played by Camryn Manheim. TVGuide.com got a chance to speak with the delightful former star of The Practice about what it was like stepping in for the CBS drama's second season, how she manages to juggle single motherhood with acting, and to find out what her costar is really like on set.

TVGuide.com: Delia's really a lot of fun!

Camryn Manheim: Yeah, I think as they start to figure out how to incorporate her into it, it's going to get more and more delicious.

TVGuide.com: She had this heartbreaking line about her husband recently. It killed me.

Manheim: I knoooow. "Why should I celebrate one day when I'm married to you every day?" Like, isn't that what you want your husband to say? And then I thought to myself, "He probably didn't say that. He's dead now, so she's just...." You know how you sentimentalize everything? Because what man says that?

TVGuide.com: Right. Well, you know, Jim seems like he might be that kind of guy.

Manheim: I know, isn't he divine? That David Conrad? Ohh!

TVGuide.com: So, is there going to be a love interest for Delia sometime soon?

Manheim: Well, I would tell people to keep their eyes open. I can't say, but I just did get a script that's kind of exciting.

TVGuide.com: Is it somebody we've seen before?

Manheim: I can't say, I can't say. [Laughs] I would just say, "Keep your eyes open." Delia has got stuff to deal with, but she's going to deal with it and try to find a companion.

TVGuide.com: Is she going to find out about Melinda's secret at some point this season?

Manheim: I think she is going to find out about the secret, but I do not know how she's going to handle it.

TVGuide.com: She's got to be getting skeptical by now.

Manheim: Well, she thinks the girl is just a little loony. [Laughs] You know, talkin' to herself....

TVGuide.com: And you're doing strange favors for her all the time.

Manheim: Yeah, she needs me to leave the room, I come back, she's talking to something. In an episode with Debi Mazar, she was talking about Jim and how he was a little kooky, and I'm like, "Really? They're perfect for each other." It's just the smallest hint that they're both a little oddball.

TVGuide.com: Something's a little off there.

Manheim: Yeah. But she likes her so much, it's not negative when she says it. It's just like, "You know... they're interesting characters."

TVGuide.com: Delia sounds like such a great friend for Melinda. I'm really happy.

Manheim: Me, too. I'll tell you something, there's nobody on this planet nicer than that Jennifer Love Hewitt. Nobody.

TVGuide.com: That's nice to hear.

Manheim: You never know, because she's been in the business for so long and you hear so many horror stories about young actors. The feeling on the set is the most important thing, because you're there for so long, and I have seen people who really poison the set and make it a horrible experience for everybody. And then on the rare occasion, there's an actor who brings light and joy to a set and makes it a very moving experience. I don't remember in my career knowing an actor who works as hard as [Hewitt] does, who never goes back to her trailer, who sits at what we call "video village"

12/15 - Episode 2.15 - Mean Ghost: Melinda deals with the ghost of a young woman named Tais and the rest of her cheerleading squad and a girl named Peyton, an ex-cheerleader herself, who has been casting spells on the team to cause them trouble and harm them. Melinda must figure out between Peyton and another cheerleader named Rana what is keeping Tais from crossing over.

12/29 - Episode 2.16 - The Cradle Will Rock:

Delia has her engagement ring restored at a local jeweler and when she and Melinda go to pick it up, the store is robbed at gunpoint. Later, Melinda is visited by the ghost of the jewelry store salesman, Randy, who died after the robbery of a severe asthma attack. He and his dangerous brother-in-law Wyatt had planned the robbery together but when Randy hid $75,000 from Wyatt, Wyatt became angry and locked him in the basement, causing the attack. A young man named Jones, an old drinking buddy of Wyatt's, is framed for the robbery, and Jones dead father goes to Melinda for her help in clearing his name. Randy's widow Lynn, who knew nothing about the robbery beforehand, finds the hidden money and takes it and their 6-month-old baby and leaves town before anyone can stop her, trying to help their sick baby. When Melinda investigates, she is put in jeopardy and held hostage by Wyatt's wife (and Lynn's sister) Sally.