Episode 6: "it Hits Everyone Pretty Hard"

Sharonda99

Hey guys, Wolfrider hasn't posted yet, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm taking my info directly from Survivor Skills:

Air Date: March 13 on CBS

Jeff: Next Time...on Survivor

Jeff: Ami questions her loyalty to the favorites

*Shows Ami walking arm, and arm with Tracy on the beach*

Ami Confessional: I'm really conflicted right now

Jeff: On Exile Island Jason makes a puzzling discovery

*Show Jason finding Ozzys' HII laugh.gif *

Jason: This is reeeeally good for me

Jeff: and Jonathan battles an infection

Medic Lady to Jonathan: An infection that goes into your bloodstream is potentially fatal

*Amanda, and Eliza shown distraught

Katy Carney

03/03/08 9:49 PM)

My tvguide says that someone gets hurt again in ep 6.

For March 13

"Dimples (Jeff Probst) won't be smiling--nor will the remaining teams--after a fluke mishap threatens to take one of the players out of the game forever."

"The remaining players find themselves all tied up in knots in this week's challenge: an event called 'Build It UP, Break It Down.' But the big news involves a serious injury by one of the Survivors."

"...a second Survivor may be going home tonight, too, but not via the vote: Someone suffers a serious injury."

StevieBlazer:

03/05/08 2:03 PM

...Jonathan's knee gets infected and has to be taken out of game - Chet gets voted out.

Stevie Blazer and Katy Carney are from Survivor Sucks.

Phoc Q from Survivor Skills had this to say about Ep 6:

Well this episode does look pretty straight forward.

Airai wins RC, pick Chet and Jason to go to Exile. Jason finds Ozzy's idol.

Jonathan is removed from the game because the condition of his leg gets worse.

When Ozzy, Amanda and Cirie see that Jonathan is gone, they decide to throw the challenge because James and Parvati are at risk since they are now down in numbers 4-3. Airai wins IC.

Chet is voted out.

So based on his/her reasoning:

RC--Airai

Exhile--Chet/Jason. Jason finds fake HII

IC--Airai

Voted out: Chet (Jonathan removed from game b/c of infected leg)

Could the injury in Episode 6 be when Kathy cuts her fingers with the machete? This was mentioned a couple of episodes ago (by Wolfrider, I think), but she is still in the game. If the TV Guide says a new injury, it doesn't sound like it could be Jonathan's leg...an infection isn't exactly an injury, is it?

That's a good point. That same person, Phoc Q from Survivor Skills, had this speculation for episode 7:

Episode 7

Malakal wins RC, sends Kathy and (Cirie?) to exile where she tries to show Cirie how she can cut a coconut and almost takes off her own finger. (idk, i highly doubt she does this on purpose). Kathy is removed.

So he/she is thinking that Kathy will be gone the following week, which would mean that Jonathan is the injury that is being referred to. But then again, this is Survivor and anything's possible. If Jonathan does end up leaving, it's got to be serious b/c you know he's in it to win.

In the preview they show the doctors coming back to look in on Jon's leg and said that the infection has gotten worse and if it goes into his blood stream he could die. So I tend to believe when they speculate he's being taken out of the game. Which sucks crap btw since he was my favourite and I wanted him to win. God, why couldn't it be Kathy!?!?!

Yeah, I like Jonathan's personality. I was cracking up last week when he kept on making wise cracks during the IC and Probst kept telling him to basically be quiet. It's too bad that a freak accident has taken him out of the game. BTW, when they showed the medic working on his leg, how gross was that? You could actually see the layers of muscle that he'd punctured. I was shuddering!

I haven't seen that commercial! (Seeing as I've been snowed in all weekend, you'd think I might have seen it at some point!!!!!) How the heck does Jason know that Ozzy has it? Or is he just guessing? I thought it was just James who knew????

That was my question! I guess if he goes to Exile and finds the fake II, he may guess it is a fake which means SOMEONE has the real thing. He could then deduce that Ozzy is the one most likely to have found it there. He is a fan, after all.

I've seen the commercial where Jason is talking about how the HII could help him. Maybe cbs is misleading us again (gee, not like they've ever done that before, huh?) and he isn't talking about using the idol because he knows it's a fake and he's going to use that against Ozzy?! Maybe he's going for some kind of "power play" this week.

My interpertaion of that commercial is that Jason is returning from Exile Island and responding to Jeff's question about finding the hidden II.

Like Ozzy, Jason is trying to throw everyone else who might follow the clues while on Exile Island. Ozzy created the fake II in hopes that the next person that got as far with the clues would think that it was real, and wouldn't know that Ozzy had found it already.

Jason makes the statement, "Ozzy has already found the II", to do the same thing. He thinks his II is real, but doesn't want whomever might correctly follow the clues while on Exile and find the II gone to think that he has it.

Well, some people are real good at lying or having a poker face. I can't remember if Ozzy is one of those types of people. He probably won't react, but the editing will have the camera flash to him when Jason makes the comment, and he'll probably look innocent or he'll try to laugh it off. It'll be interesting to see. I do think, though, that Ozzy was stupid to tell as many people as he did that he has it. They will use that against him later. Didn't he watch last season? People were tyring to make James secure enough not to use the idol and it basically worked. Or, they'll make him think he's going, force him to use it, then get him the next time.

You're welcome wolfie. It was fun looking up information. I'll definitely post whenever I find some interesting tidbits. They seem to be harder to come by this season b/c so many sites have stopped doing predictions (like TDT and Survivor Shrine).

Good call shar , way to go. Two leave next week two one medical / removal n one voted out . Next week think is Kathys freak out n removal . Tracy i think is voted out next episode , right now anyway. Expect same tribe to go to tribal council the next 4 weeks with all the fans going first then ami of favs last then merge .

I just finished watching (had to record it). I was so excited that everything played out exactly as I found it. Those people at Survivor Skills are awesome! I got a perfect score this week. And I knew Ami would say "alliance".

Question: Did Chet vote for himself? I kept playing it back but either I'm tired and my eyes are blurry, or the screen couldn't pick up what he wrote.

Also, liked how the whole Fake II thing played out. I don't think Ozzy fooled anyone (that doesn't already know he has it). If anything, he left more doubt. But he covered his tracks well tonight.

I felt so bad for Jonathan. I was crying right along with everyone. I thought it was pretty cool that Jeff saw him off and shook his hand.

I'm so ready for next week! :animated_bouncy:

I was not a fan of Jonathan in his season, but I really liked him this season.....I cried too when he said his goodbyes!

I also felt bad for Chet.....but I think it was his time to go.

:pixiedust:

Ozzy was stupid to tell as many people as he did that he has it. They will use that against him later. Didn't he watch last season?

They made a big deal at the finale of last season & at the first episode of this season that filming for this season went on during the airing of last season. So no, the people who participated in this season did not get to see last season. Except for whatever was still airing when they returned home. James & Amanda both said that even though they are playing for the

Great episode, although I really was sad to see Jonathan go cuz I actually like the guy as a player in the game. Did Tracey and Chet actually vote for Erik?? I must've missed that...maybe when I switched over to LOST! ;)

I have a question regarding survivor threads- spoiler vs. non-spoiler. Now I'll be the first one to admit that I'm a total spoiler addict, however, I'm a little concerned that we don't have a place for those that want to discuss the episode without having to read spoilers for future episodes. I know there is a warning under the topic title but we also have a general spoiler topic section as well.

My suggestion would be, if spoilers for future episodes are going to be put in current episode topics, that people might want to put them in spoiler box. Otherwise, it might be safer to make a non-spoiler thread for each episode as well as spoiler ones.

Did Tracey and Chet actually vote for Erik??

They did not show it when Jeff "Tallied the votes" but during the credits when the evicted castaway gets their final word & they show each each member of the tribe hold up their vote for the camera from the tribal council you can read on Chet's & Tracy's that they each wrote down Erik so it was hard to see & it flashes fast but the E at the begining & k at the end make it hard to be anyone else in the tribe.

Archived