Syesha Mercado

Dade

syesha.jpg

Hometown: Sarasota, FL

Favorite Quote: "Be the change that you want to see in the world."

Audition City: Miami

Musical Influences: Whitney Houston, Etta James, Alicia Keys, Zap Mama, Lauryn Hill, Aretha Franklin.

FOX

Syesha Mercado is a twenty-one year old, who currently lives in Miami, FL. However, Mercado grew up in Sarasota, FL. Mercado has a background in theatre and dancing and has been a member of The Drum Studio All-Stars band. Mercado started singing at the age of three.

REALITY TV MAGAZINE

she ok not really great

fiu is pulling for her she a current student

She's in my top 3 of girls! Could see her making albums/video's I would be interested in. Good voice and she's beautiful.

good vocals

need to work stage more

screaming to me not very good

I think Syesha has awesome potential for a great singing career. I liked... almost loved... her performance tonight. I thought she was completely in touch with the lyrics and she sold it to me. Good job Syesha!!!

best pure vocals of night for me

but she has no stage present

Sorry, I just do not like her, her song was good last night, but I thought that song came out way before the year she was born, like in the 70's, Gladays Night, I liked her song, but there is something about her that just does not say "singer" or "recording artist" to me anyway

average vocals only hit high notes NT

good vocals but fantasia was light years better

i dont understand why she couldnt grasp that she was no where in fantasia league

when fantasia sung this song it brought tears to my eyes :animated_rotfl:

I'm sooo tired of Syesha not getting the reviews she deserves. She has a fantastic voice and her performance was a millions times better than Fantasia could ever even dream of... imo.

no way lol :animated_rotfl:

She is a very good singer but she is like countless others that have been on AI. When someone sings, I use my "goose bump" gauge to determine whether they are reaching the audience. This girl doesn't know how to reach the audience with her performances. She's singing the same tired diva songs as all the ones before.

I agree Catwishes. My favorites are Jason Castro and David Cook who find different ways to sing the songs. Syesha is a great singer, a beautiful woman, and I am sure she's really nice, but she's not original.

best girl of night by far

In the movie "The Fly" with Jeff Goldblum, he's trying to teleport a piece of meat. On his first try, it works, the meat teleports acros the room. It looks good, so he fries it up and tastes it, but has to spit it out. The reason was, the computer re-integrated the meat too precisely. It made it taste like plastic. Goldblum had to program the computer to try not to be so perfect.

Syesha reminds me of that piece of meat. She sings wonderfully. She hits the notes. She does a good job... but she has no heart. No feeling. The judges mentioned it, and usually I have no idea what they are talkling about, but is Syesha's case I do. She needs to pick a song that she can realte to on a personal level, otherwise she's gone.

IMHO she was best way back in Hollywood when she lost her voice and then came out and sang her heart out.

Thought it was a solid performance but, I heard a few pitch problems throughout. I'm still rooting for her.

I remember that scene from the movie and that's a very unusual but right-on-the-money example, Baron!

best of night by far

for me one best performance whole season

I didn't think it was as great as the judges said it was but, it's definitely her elimate to be on a broadway stage. She's been one of my fav's so, I'm glad she was safe this week.

good on both song

but with such a small fan base she needed to bring more into second song to be memorable

Archived