Jason Castro

Dade

jason_c.jpg

Hometown: Rockwall, TX

Favorite Quote: "In the end, it will all be ok. If it's not ok, then it's not the end!"

Audition City: Dallas

Musical Influences: Nowadays, my favorite singer-songwriter is Ray Lamontagne. There are a lot of great bands in Texas that have inspired me. Kirk Baxley is my favorite singer/performer of all musicians.

FOX

Jason Castro is a twenty year old, who currently lives in Rockwall, TX. However, Castro was born in Dallas, TX and raised in Rowlett, TX. Castro was a member of the band Keeping Lions. Castro grew up playing drums, and he is majoring in Construction Science at Texas A&M University.

REALITY TV MAGAZINE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two of three weeks he had best vocals

yet rigging idol simon didnt project final two talent like chosen one

I love everything about this kid... even his imperfections.

For the last couple of seasons, one of the male idol contestants has turned me onto some incredible music . . . artists I've not heard of before or just have not listened to. Taylor Hicks turned me onto Ray LaMontagne with "Trouble", Black Lewis (even though I can't stand him) turned me onto Keane with "Somewhere Only We Know" and now Jason Castro has done it with Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah". I love this kid. His song choice, and his performance, as Simon stated is truly brilliant.

not good vocals tonight

had too many puses

need to drop guitar each week

I agree he needs to drop the guitar in every performance but, I thought his vocals were pitch perfect. Just not a lot of strength behind them.

I really like this kid . . . however sometimes I'm not sure if he is entirely in tune. He is more like a folk singer to me rather than having the strong voice of some of the other idols. Does anyone one else think he looks (and sounds) like a young John Travolta? I made that connection the first time I saw and heard him.

Cat... you're not the only one that sees that. 1st time my husband and I saw him perform... my husband said the exact same thing.

He definitely has the eyes and smile, a decent voice and a likeable personality. I am getting a little sick of the whole "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"-type personna though.

I imagine myself sitting on a beach under a cabana with a tropical drink in my hand listening to him play.................from a distance!!

had parts some good some bad

Completely wrong arrangement. If he'd slowed the song way down, sat on a stool and emotionally sang the song he would have hit it out of the park. Worse week he's had but, overall he's still one of my favs.

worst of night and thats saying alot because david a. stinked up the joint

bad instrument playing a horrid vocals

ok but instruments needs to be banned

trouble is though...it was really just "ok".

He has to step it up because he has really has a certain appeal to him...but most of his music, as Simon would say, is forgettable.

very pure and good

Loved his voice and song choice/arrangement. Could have done without the ukulele or if played slowed down instead of fast strum.

Archived