David Cook

Dade

david_c.jpg

Hometown: Blue Springs, MO

Favorite Quote: "Pain don't hurt." - Patrick Swayze in "Roadhouse"

Audition City: Omaha

Musical Influences: Our Lady Peace, Big Wreck.

FOX

David Cook is a twenty-five year old, who currently lives in Tulsa, OK. However, Cook was born in Houston, TX and grew up in Blue Springs, MO. In 2006, Cook graduated from Central Missouri State University. Cook started singing in the 2nd grade. Cook also plays the guitar and has been a member of two bands, Axium and MWK.

REALITY TV MAGAZINE

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sneaky good

This is one of my fav. guys. He's got the talent of a Daughtry but, not the uniqueness nor the looks. He'll go pretty soon, I think. :(

good not great

but i thought his mic was a bit low

Randy and Simon were spot on this week. He was weak to start but, pulled it together and he's got mad talent.

very average vocals

Thought it was a great performance but, I could of done without the "voice box" microphone.

He's #1 on my list right now. Can't satnd the slicked down hair on his forhead...but really am enjoying his performances best so far.

big balls to turn mj song into rock

i love it

I like David,I can see him going all the way if not,somebody will be giving him a deal. You noticed how he wasn't as smugged as Simon had mentioned last week. Either way it goes this dude can ROCK!!

big balls to turn mj song into rock

i love it

The big balls you are referring to do not, however, belong to David Cook. They belong to Chris Cornell who did a slow rock version of MJ's song a long time ago.

David did a good job, don't get me wrong. . . but he doesn't deserve the credit.

For those interested in comparing Chris Cornell's original version with David Cook's:

David Cook- Billy Jean

(Chris Cornell is acknowledged by Ryan Seacrest before David begins singing)

I love both versions- Chris's is more raw in form, which really suits the song but David's is vocally smoother (I'd love to hear him sing the full version). I personally prefer David's but Chris deserves all the kudos for an amazing arrangement.

I treally like this guy, funny tho he is from right here in my town, blue springs is just a suburb of Kansas city mo, there are alot of little small suburbs around here, both on the kansas side and the mo side. I know a lot of the music scene around here and I really have not heard of him. I have a really good friend who sings on sat nites at my restaurant in the bar, so I need to ask him if he knows of David cook,lol

They have a much longer version of him doing his AI version of Billy Jean on iTunes. It is over 4 minutes long and really pretty good. But all the credit does, or should go to Chris Cornell because he was the one that arranged and originally recorded that slowed down rock version of Billy Jean.

smooth good

American Idol" Contestant Hospitalized, Released

Posted Apr 2nd 2008 12:49AM by TMZ Staff

"A.I" contestant David Cook was rushed to the hospital tonight after experiencing heart palpitations and high blood pressure, and released a few hours later. His condition is still not resolved.

As we first reported, Cook was not feeling well during the day and his condition worsened after his performance. Cook was examined by show medics who determined his blood pressure was "far too high." Cook was urged to leave for the hospital during the show, but he wanted to wait it out.

After the show, Cook was driven to the hospital (not by ambulance) and treated by a private doctor to keep everything on the down low. The doctor gave Cook medication to bring his blood pressure down and he will monitored again Tuesday.

An "A.I." exec tells us Cook has been completely stressed out because his brother, who has been sick with cancer, had a setback within the last week. Earlier in the season, just before a performance, David collapsed and said he could not go on -- though he pulled it together at the last minute.

Courtesy:TMZ

wow...thanks for posting that uvp.

He's the front runner (imo).

Sad news about his brother. I hope all his stresses and family troubles don't cause him to have to quit the show or anything. I look forward to his performance each week more than any of the others...and want him to win the competition.

His new haircut looked so much better than the former 'pasted to his forehead' look he had going on.

They were talking about him on the radio this morning. Apparently he wears an orange bracelet every week. It is for a little girl in Florida who has cancer. He apparently met her dad who is a reporter, heard her story, found out she is a big fan, so he called her and now wears the bracelet for her. Her family says she just lights up every time she sees him performing and wearing it. On top of being very talented, he seems like a really nice guy.

Whether he wins or not, someone will pick him up and I will buy his first CD..................I'm a rocker, what can I say :rockon:

Archived