Carly Smithson

Dade

carly.jpg

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Favorite Quote: "We are the makers of music and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

Audition City: San Diego

Musical Influences: Heart, Celine, Skynyrd, Ray Charles, Whitney, Rolling Stones, U2, Janis, Johnny Cash, Annie Lennox.

FOX

Carly Smithson is a twenty-four year old, who currently lives in San Diego, CA. However, Smithson was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. Smithson sang in

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best pure vocals

Best female vocals since Clarkson... imo. But, there's something about her that annoys me.

Now that we've entered the top 12, it'll be interesting to see if Carly has a good fan base. Im really hoping that this years winner has good vocal talent which Carly has, I just don't want a popularity contest breaking out.........btw, What ever happen to Taylor Hicks??

good not a fan of her singing rock

one of best girl still tonight

She was fantastic this week. Best performance of the night.

She's always been the front runner of the girls, but I believe Brooke White outshined her by a mile last night. Carly's performance sounded like Amanda Overmeyer. I like her much better when she sings ballads. The week she was sick and sang "Shadow Of Your Smile", I thought she was brilliant.

Can someone explain why she is even on the show? She already had a major record deal with Randy Jackson's production company. They spent millions of dollars hyping the album and it ended up selling only 300 copies... literally. The point of the show is to discover the great undiscovered talent.... she already had a shot and was a massive flop. NEXT.

wow never knew that

but idol seem to be bending the rules

she isnt the only idol i notice this year that was in the music business before or a had some sort of deal

Can someone explain why she is even on the show? She already had a major record deal with Randy Jackson's production company. They spent millions of dollars hyping the album and it ended up selling only 300 copies... literally. The point of the show is to discover the great undiscovered talent.... she already had a shot and was a massive flop. NEXT.

Actually the acceptable rule is that the contestant cannot have a CURRENT existing contract. From as far back as Season 1 this has been the rule. Kelly Clarkson had a record deal before she appeared on Idol.

good but not blown away

What blip occured in the universe that put Carly in the bottom 3 last night? I'm still floored by the whole thing. Some of my other favorites may suffer, but I will be concentrating all my voting energy on Carly from now on.

i think idol screwing with the votes

i predict it now final two her and david a.

Archived