Step It Up & Dance

TV_Paige

bravo_logo40x30.jpg

'Step It Up & Dance' Premieres on Bravo

elizabeth_berkley.jpg

Host Elizabeth Berkley

"Step It Up & Dance" is a reality competition series where contestants will learn what it takes to make it big in the cutthroat dance industry. Bravo laces up their dance shoes for the premiere of Step it Up & Dance on Thursday, April 3, 10:00 PM (ET). Celebrated actress and dancer Elizabeth Berkley will serve as host.

Emmy Award nominee and Tony Award-winning Director and Choreographer Jerry Mitchell will mentor the 12 dancers chosen from around the country, as they master every conceivable dance style, from ballet and ballroom to Broadway and burlesque.

World-Renowned Director and Choreographer Vincent Paterson, known for his creative work in film, television and music and Choreographer Nancy O'Meara, who has worked with some of the best selling artists currently touring arenas around the country, will serve as judges for the competition.

Paterson's dance tour credentials include Madonna's "Blond Ambition" Tour and Michael Jackson's "Bad" Tour. O'Meara is probably best known for the highly popular "Hannah Montana" Dance Tour and "High School Musical Tour."

Whether it's a music video one week or a Vegas spectacular the next, Bravo's new dance series will feature challenges in which the dancers audition for a range of parts, designed to showcase their versatility and moves. As the competition gets fierce and contestants are eliminated, only one person will get the final "call back" and the chance to perform, with the ultimate dancer winning $100,000.

realityTV_mag_logo.jpg

'Step It Up & Dance' Announces Chorus Line

by Jennifer Brown

berkley.jpg

Host Elizabeth Berkley

Getting in on the dance craze, Bravo has announced the 12 contestants who will be competing in their new competition series, "Step it Up & Dance." See the premiere of "Step it Up & Dance" on Thursday, April 3, 10:00 PM (ET) on Bravo. Actress Elizabeth Berkley hosts while Choreographers Vincent Paterson and Nancy O'Meara will serve as judges for the show.

These 12 contestants, who will be mentored by "Hairspray" Choreographer Jerry Mitchell, will be given weekly dance challenges to test their versatility and dance drive. Each week someone will be cut from the competition

When does Dustin Diamond or Lark Vorhees get to host their own dance shows?

Actually, you can see Dustin 'Screech' Diamond on VH1 as he returns to torment us and Drill Sgt Harvey Walden IV on "Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp" which premieres on Thursday, March 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

A leaner cast, with just those last 10-20 pounds to lose, battle together, sweat together and even bunk together in a military barracks, all under the watchful eye of hardcore Drill Sgt Harvey Walden IV [Ret].

Their mission is simple, follow Harvey's rules, don't whine and stay in the fight. Their reward? Burn fat, get buff and look better naked. The boot-camp style exercise regime is not the only new element to this all new season of "Celebrity Fit Club."

Half the cast are returning Fit Club veterans -- "Family Ties" Tina Yothers, "Take the Cake" Toccara, "Charles in Charge" Willie Aames and rebel Dustin Diamond from "Saved by the Bell" are back for a second chance to complete their weight-loss mission.

Meanwhile the new recruits -- "Happy Days" Erin Moran, "The Queens of Comedy" Sommore, "American Idol" Brian Dunkleman and "High Stakes Poker" A.J. Benza report for duty to receive their very first fitness assignments.

They will be transformed with workout regimens engineered by Sgt Walden and inspired by those used to train the elite U.S. Armed Forces. In addition to Harvey, nutritional & diet expert, Dr. Ian Smith, and psychotherapist Stacy Kaiser offer advice and support for the Fit Clubbers.

Outrageously funny comedian ANT returns for his sixth season as host and has the honor of presenting $150K in cash and prizes to the team that achieves the greatest "Fit Factor" -- a new measure this season that takes into account the loss of not just body weight, but body fat as well.

I love dancing shows, but I don't know if I can stomach her as a host. I briefly checked out 'your momma', and thought it was pretty stupid. I think I'll have to stick with 'Stars" and 'SYTYCD'.

I don't know why I don't like the host of this show. I remember that stupid 'Saved by the Bell' show, never saw 'Showgirls', and don't recall seeing her in anything else. Is that enough to dislike her as much as I do?

Archived