Marissa Jaret Winokur And Tony Dovolani

Dade

01.jpg

Marissa Jaret Winokur

PROFESSION:

Tony Award winning Broadway star

BACKGROUND:

Marissa Jaret Winokur is best known for creating the role of "Tracy Turnblad" in the hit Broadway musical Hairspray, a performance for which she won a Tony Award, Drama Desk Award and an Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actress. Winokur has since been seen in the Farrelly Brothers film Fever Pitch and the television series Stacked. She just finished filming the series lead in a new pilot called Fugly, for 20th Century Fox and CBS and is currently working as one of the leads in the Lifetime movie Betrayals.

PARTNER:

Tony Dovolani

01.jpg

Tony Dovolani

ACHIEVEMENTS:

2005 and 2006 World Rhythm Champion

2006 PBS American Ballroom Challenge Rhythm Champion

2006 Emerald Ball Open Professional American Rhythm Champion

2005 Ohio Star Ball American Rhythm Champion

Current world and undefeated United States Open champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Marissa Jaret Winokur

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: Albanian

Based in: New York

BACKGROUND:

Tony partnered the WWE wrestler Stacey Keibler in Season 2. The couple came in third place. In Season 3, Tony's partner was country singer Sara Evans. The couple had to withdraw in the middle of the competition for personal reasons. In Season 4, Tony partnered Leeza Gibbons into 9th place.

Born in Kosovo, Tony began folk dancing at age three. When he was 15, his entire family moved to the United States and Tony got the opportunity to attend a Fred Astaire Dance Academy. From that moment on, he knew he had found his passion.

Since that time, Tony has traveled the world and won many championships. Tony also had a featured role in the hit film Shall We Dance and spent time coaching Jennifer Lopez.

ABC

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing with the Stars

Well crap, I thought she was preggers in the old fashioned sense, then I got to the part about the surrogate. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it would have been so much more impactful to the show if she were actually carrying the baby. Honestly, no disrespect to the woman intended, but I think she will be the first or second one gone. She's not that good, and she is a relatively unknown person to most people. Those folks don't usually stick around long.

• 1 month later...

Wow she made it through another week. Nothing personal but she should have been the one leaving. She made it to the Finale.

Wow she made it through another week. Nothing personal but she should have been the one leaving. She made it to the Finale.

Nothing surprises me anymore. If Marie Osmond could make it to the finale, anyone could.

I was very surprised she made it to the semi-final over Mario, who is a much better dancer. Some of the stars who agree to be on DWTS are not necessarily well-known to the audience for this show, but even so, most of the decisions are pretty rational anyway. But just like seeing Marie Osmond make it last year, I feel Marissa is not good enough for the semis in this group.

I love Tony but glad that Marissa was the one eliminated. I was so afraid that the fans would mess up on this one and get rid of one of the stronger dancers.

Archived