Jason Taylor And Edyta Sliwinska

Dade

01.jpg

Jason Taylor

PROFESSION:

NFL Man of the Year

BACKGROUND:

This year's NFL Man of the Year Award Winner and last year's NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Taylor has played defensive end for the Miami Dolphins for over a decade. The six-time All Pro formed the Jason Taylor Foundation in 2004 and continues to be heavily involved throughout the South Florida community. Taylor holds the NFL record for touchdowns by a defensive lineman (7) and is the Dolphins all-time leader in quarterback sacks (117) and consecutive games played (130). Jason is married to Katina, and the couple reside in Weston, Fla., with their two sons, Isaiah Paul and Mason Paul, and daughter, Zoe Grace.

PARTNER:

Edyta Sliwinska

01.jpg

Edyta Sliwinska

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Emerald Ball Latin Amateur Champion

1st Place - 2001 International Grand Ball (San Francisco)

1st Place - 2001 Holiday Ball (Las Vegas, Nevada)

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Jason Taylor

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: Polish

Based in: Los Angeles

BACKGROUND:

Edyta partnered boxing champion Evander Holyfield in Season 1 when they came in 5th place. In Season 2 she and George Hamilton also came in 5th. During Season 3, she partnered actor Joey Lawrence and they came in 3rd place. Season 4, Edyta partnered actor John Ratzenberger into 6th place. She is the only professional dancer to appear in all five seasons of Dancing with the Stars.

Edyta comes from a working class Polish background and has made many sacrifices to pursue her dream to become the world's greatest Latin dancer. She misses her family greatly but feels she is on the road to stardom in the dancing world so the sacrifice is worth it.

ABC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He did really good but again I think they scored him a little higher then I thought he deserved. I think he has really good potential and had improved but the 10's they gave him again I wonder about.

I agree with many others here that Jason is a very coordinated guy and does an excellent job dancing. Watching Edyta I get the impression she feels a strong possibility that she might be able to win this year. Who knows, maybe she will.

Last night, Edyta's face said it all- she really looked like she thought they'd be going home! She could hardly hold back the tears, which surprised me a bit. I'm glad they're in it for another week even though they're not my favorites.

I think Edyta deserves a win too. My guess is that winning helps all the dancers with their promotions for their lessons, etc., quite a bit. She has been stuck with less likely winners many times after all. Jason is a great partner for her and he does pretty well dancing and deserves to be in the finals. It is surprising how such a tall, big guy is so coordinated too. While I would tend to think Christi is the favorite for the win, I would love to see Edyta and James get it this year.

I thought Edyta was thinking she was going home as well last night. Karina looked this way too somewhat and unfortunately she did go home. Getting the win is all important for these teachers I will bet, when it comes to promoting their businesses, etc.

Edyta seemed really happy last night and not disappointed at all.

I really like her too. Maybe next season she will get a winner.

I like Edyta too and am happy she and James finished 2nd. Christi was pretty hard to beat for a lineman, after all, she has been training to dance her whole life. Regardless, the Quickstep James and Edyta performed was quite nice, flawless. So although I would have loved to have seen Edyta win last night, I also have to admit that Christi deserved the win. But this does bring me to another thought and that is that ABC should work harder to avoid recruiting Stars who either directly have professional dance experience or who use it as part of their act. Apollo Ono does track skating, which is OK, but Christi did Ice Dancing, etc., at the Olympic level. Mario this season and Mel last season incorporate dance into their routines as singers/performers. It's fine to have singers, just not those who dance because they start out with such an advantage. I think the competition is better and more meaningful if all the stars are amateurs. Many of the amateurs who start with no previous experience (like Jason and Christian) sometimes learn astonishingly fast and are fun to watch. Sure, Christi was fun too and a wonderful performer, I like her and I think she won the Trophy hands down. But overall I think the show would be more of an "honest" competition if none of the stars have any professional dance experience.

Archived