Priscilla Presley And Louis Van Amstel

Dade

01.jpg

Priscilla Presley

PROFESSION:

Actress, producer and entrepreneur

BACKGROUND:

Actress, producer and entrepreneur Priscilla Presley starred in the Naked Gun films and the internationally popular television series Dallas, as well as guest-starred on TV's Touched by an Angel, Spin City and Melrose Place. Founder of Elvis Presley Enterprises, Priscilla has also served as executive producer on the feature film Finding Graceland and the television version of her autobiography, Elvis and Me. Presley was married to music icon, Elvis Presley.

PARTNER:

Louis van Amstel

01.jpg

Louis Van Amstel

ACHIEVEMENTS:

United States Professional Latin American champion (2000)

7 Time Dutch National Amateur Champion

European Amateur Latin Champion ('95)

World Amateur Latin Champion ('94, '95)

Grand Slam Latin Champion ('95)

World Professional Showdance Champion ('96)

Professional World Latin Finalist ('96)

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Priscilla Presley

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: Dutch

Based in:Los Angeles

Status: Retired from competing, but regularly appears in exhibition performances. Has produced dance shows on Broadway and in Salt Lake City and has choreographed 3 Dancing with the Stars Tours.

BACKGROUND:

Louis began his dance career at an early age, training in a theatre school gaining a solid background in ballet, tap, and jazz. Upon graduating, Louis attended the University of the Arts in Amsterdam to further strengthen his skills in the classical dances and theory.

Upon immigrating to the United States, Louis quickly became the U.S. National Latin Champion in 2000 and founded the company VanDance, LLC. Through VanDance Louis directed, choreographed and performed in Latin Fusion, a feature production on Broadway at City Center in New York City.

Unlike many dancers Louis has a strong psychological approach to teaching. He trains under legendary dance guru Dr. Ruud Vermeij who has a holistic approach towards dancing. Louis is also a student of Laban choreology and is well versed in human movement dynamics.

ABC

• 4 weeks later...

Not bad for a 63 year old! I think she would be so much prettier without so much makeup. She has that plastic surgery look. I think older people look so much more beautiful with natural aging.

Just me...

I agree Marty. I thought she did a beautiful job dancing, and while I think she's a beautiful woman, her face kind of creeps me out. Too much make-up -- too much botox?? Whatever -- it looks like a mask. She seemed so serious too, at least what I've seen. Maybe that's another side effect of the plastic surgery over-kill. No facial expressions.

When they show the clips of the rehearsals, you get to see the celebrity's personality and the overall chemistry between the celebrity and their professional partner.

I have seen none of this with Priscilla. Maybe she is smiling but we just can't tell? She has absolutely no personality.

Love her. Maybe the Presley thing but considering how media shy she is this is a huge step for her. Her second dance was better than her first. She seemed to come out of her shell a little more the second time. Agree about the makeup but still she still shows a lot of guts. I also like that Louie is back. I have missed his amazing dance skills. Not a easy on the eyes as Max but I like him.

Geesh, Priscilla has finally turned herself into a mannequin. What is wrong with these people? Can't having all that freakin money and enjoying it be enough? I guess she never paid any attention to Joan Rivers otherwise, she would have spared the knife.

She is doing really well for a 62 year old. I saw some shots of her during practice without so much makeup on and she looked better. She just looks so gross with the heavy slop on her face. Too much botox too.

Archived