Adam Carolla And Julianne Hough

Dade

01.jpg

Adam Carolla

PROFESSION:

Comedian and radio host

BACKGROUND:

Television and Radio personality Adam Carolla is the host of the Los Angeles based and nationally syndicated morning radio program, The Adam Carolla Show. The actor/comedian has his first starring film role soon to be released in The Hammer (in theaters March 21st), which he co-wrote and co-produced. Carolla was also one of the creators and hosts of Comedy Central's The Man Show (alongside Jimmy Kimmel) and the MTV and long-running syndicated radio program, Loveline, with Dr. Drew Pinsky.

PARTNER:

Julianne Hough

01.jpg

Julianne Hough

ACHIEVEMENTS:

International Latin Youth Champion

Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion

United States National Latin Youth Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Adam Carolla

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: Salt Lake City

BACKGROUND:

Julianne's first season on Dancing with the Stars was quite successful. Her and partner Olympic Gold Medalist Apolo Anton Ohno were the season 4 champions!

Julianne grew up with her ten siblings in Utah. A born entertainer, Julianne has always loved singing, dancing and acting and at the age of 10 she left her home and family to move to the other side of the world to live and train with her coaches in London. While living there, Julianne partnered Mark Ballas (the son of her world renowned coaches Corky and Shirley Ballas). It was with Mark that Julianne won all of her titles. Julianne is the youngest (and only) American dancer to have become both International Latin Youth Champion and Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion.

After graduating high school Julianne moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dreams of acting, dancing and singing. She landed a role as a dancer on ABC's game show Show Me The Money, and shortly after joined the Dancing with the Stars tour as a company dancer. When DWTS dancer Kym Johnson injured her arm, Julianne stepped in as her replacement and Cha Cha cha'ed across America with Season 1 DWTS competitor Joey MacIntyre. She was also Assistant Choreographer on Gwen Stefani's Wind It Up video.

ABC

• 4 weeks later...

Going to be a short stint for Julianne I think. I love watching her but I don't think she will mind. She had other options in the Entertainment business. She is a beautiful singer and she might pursue acting.

This guy annoys me greatly. I saw him recently on Jimmy Kimmel and they showed a clip of Adam and Julianne practicing- Julianne looked like she did NOT get this guy at all and didn't seem to be too crazy about the pairing by the looks of it. Yep, should definitely be a short stint for Julianne. It's too bad too because I really like her.

• 4 weeks later...

aol_tv_100x16.jpg

AOL Television Exit Interview:

Adam Carolla and Julianne Hough

162765052647fcc43f00e66.jpg

Julianne Hough and Adam Carolla

AOL: Adam and Julianne, how do you feel about leaving the show?

Adam: I feel bad. I feel like I let this one down.

Julianne: Which he hasn't -- at all. I think he did an amazing job. And I think that he definitely is leaving the competition too soon. I think that he's going to be missed. He was one of the best things about the show this season.

AOL: Adam, do you think the unicycle did you in?

Adam: I don't know. My feeling is that if I get to ride my unicycle in front of 20 million people, I'm getting on it! That was my take. I know that the judges aren't huge fans of what they call "props." They see them as crutches. The unicycle was hardly a fake set of bullhorns.

AOL: Julianne, do you think you made Adam a better dancer?

Julianne: Adam has improved so much. If he'd stayed on, he would have improved even more. I thought it was great when Adam said what he thought this competition had done for him and what [taking on comparable challenges] could do for other people. I'm so glad that everybody got a taste of who I got to know.

138831545547fcc0bf479e2.jpg

Julianne Hough and Adam Carolla

AOL: Julianne, what will you do now? Will we see you on the show later this season?

Julianne: I know I'm going to be coming back for the 100th show with . . . [turns to publicist] can I say with Apolo [Anton Ohno]? Oops. That didn't happen. I'll be back and forth. I'm going to focus on the tour with Brad Paisley and my album that's coming out in May.

AOL: Adam, what's next for you?

Adam: I have a little movie called "The Hammer," which is sweeping the nation. I have a morning radio show, which is syndicated. You can go to AdamCarolla.com and listen to it wherever you are. I have twins and a wife that I miss terribly and a few TV shows lined up, as well. I have plenty of irons in the fire.

carollastarseog2433.jpg

Adam Carolla and Julianne Hough

AOL: Adam and Julianne, what will you miss about each other?

Adam: I think her hair and then her teeth. Teeth and hair.

Julianne: I'm going to miss his personality. He's so funny, but at the same time he's such a really great guy.

AOL: Marissa Winokur, will you miss Adam?

Marissa: Adam and I got along so well. Adam's gone! Penn [Jillette] is gone. The "Gutte" [steve Guttenberg] is gone. I've got the pressure of being the funny one backstage now! I have to hold the torch. I love Adam. I've become a huge fan of his radio show. I "get" him now. He's hilarious.

AOL: Marlee Matlin, are you really going on Adam's radio show?

Marlee: Yes. The deaf lady is doing radio. How cool will that be? I'm not sure that any of the 26 million deaf people [in America] will be able to hear it, but that's OK.

Archived