Sheila & Adam

CeCiMom

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm behind on saying this because it happened a few days ago but Sheila made me sick when she couldn't stop talking about herself to the girls when they returned home from the HOSPITAL. Are you kidding me??? Stop saying how you're 45 and ACT like it instead of repeating the same story about yourself when you have people half your age shaking from being so scared due to their health problems. And she couldn't stop discussing how the other HGs were ignoring her and treating her badly because she had a fight with Allison prior to her collapse. I can't stand her and she's giving me more reason to wish for her to be voted out.

Wow, interesting re: the ads.

Endure, you're so right re: Sheila. These 2 girls were about to pass out from being so wiped after being in the hospital and she drones on and on and on about what she's going to do. I wish she'd do it already or quiet down.

I'm behind on saying this because it happened a few days ago but Sheila made me sick when she couldn't stop talking about herself to the girls when they returned home from the HOSPITAL. Are you kidding me???

She drove me nuts that night! I had to turn off BBAD. I couldn't believe she would not shut up about herself ....I hate her the most out of everyone!

It is so much more than just 'the word' he used. He is scum, he thinks he is all that, he can't keep his hands out of his pants and his fingers from up his nose. I am sure it was him wiping the boogers all over the wall in the bathroom. He can't hold an intelligent conversation if his life depended on it. I am sure he gave the nic-name "baller' because he is far from a playre or a hottie... the only other reason he could have the name 'baller' is because of all of the action he gives himself. He is just a piece of crap.

I agree it's not just the word, although that is bad enough. But his whole attitude of working with these kids and how he talked about them was just wrong. If he worked with my kid, he'd be out of a job.

:marie: Sheila made one comment the other night on BAD that I agree with.....she said she can't understand how Adam made it through the interview process to get on BB.....That has been my thought since day one. He's a total nut job and he's the perfect match for crazy Sheila! I'll be so glad to see these people go!

AND if Sheila does write a book it'll end up at The Dollar Tree or The 99 Cents Store about a week after its out.....and no, I wouldn't even buy it then either!

The only petition I'll sign is to end this show tomorrow! I'm heading over to the Survivor threads.........

:pixiedust:

A few things.

First of all, ED said things MUCH MUCH worse last year, referencing rape repeatedly where Jen concerned which is much much MUCH more severe than saying the word "retard" yet no one pulled ads. Talk about bias.

Second of all, before you print libel on the internet and start making accusations it's probably a good idea to have facts, not just assumptions. I don't care about Adam from...well, Adam, but some people are going a bit too far trying to expose him and then spreading things before it's proven.

I don't think him being on a reality show precludes him from being able to sue for libel unlike movie stars and sports figure.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure it's a grey area and this is not his "livelihood" which no longer makes him a public figure.

So be careful.

i understand the need to be pc can be really annoying to lots of people, but i really believe this was not a case of being not pc. it just went way beyond. i guess what i'm saying is that i think autistic children deserve the right to be called "autistic"...since a. most of them are not retarded as was once thought, and that is an old stigma that needs to be changed and b. because they're children. i'm glad that they aired the comment, but i also wish they could somehow tell adam what the reaction has been...now instead of when he leaves. i think a lot of pain has been caused by him just being stupid...and i don't know that he meant to be so hurtful. i think it might be good if he could clarify the situation...but i know this won't happen. i think it would've been less hurtful if the media didn't have such a hold on what his job in the last few months has supposedly been..."autism awareness day", etc. if this is an event he chaired, i think people just assume that he's educated on the subject. i'm torn on the politically correct thing. i think it can go both ways. we can be over-the-top correct, and also go the other way, fully knowing we can hurt people's feelings...and using "i'm not going to be pc" as an excuse. it's a thin line; it's not always a really clear boundary.

that's totally your opinion xal. my opinion is jen is way more capable of defending and clarifying her position than autistic children...and jen has...since the show...come out looking far classier and like the one who didn't need to stoop to a lower level. dick was wrong as hell many times, so was eric re: the incest, for that matter. still...apples and oranges, these are helpless KIDS! carry on....

libel for what? he said it...i saw it...i also saw much proof he provided re: his job...so libel what...he said it. hopefully he'll back down and say the awkwardness of moving in made him act in an assinine manner, and he'll make amends. if he threatens to sue for libel and tries to defend himself, i'd be very surprised. adam can be forgiven. this can be an opportunity for education, which is always good. it is just indefensible that the comment keeps getting defended...it blows my mind.

also, he didn't say the word "retard" as people do as slang...which i hate anyway...but whatever. he labeled people as "retards" who are not in most cases mentally retarded. sounds like "libel" to me.

i have nothing to be careful about whatsoever.

i'm using my head just fine. what your saying now wasn't clear from your post. also, the information someone so thoughtfully linked is in the public domain. it is perfectly legal to report it...and refute it if they can. they are adults. presumably without a neurological disorder. i run a not-for-profit for our soldiers. you need 100% transparency and accountability, because unfortunately there are sometimes good causes maligned for profit. i can give anyone in the time it takes to download my files exactly what i've done. if they've done nothing shady, it'll be a breeze to fix.

All I said was be careful. Transparency is one thing. Saying someone is committing fraud with an organization or breaking the law is another.

I just didn't want people to start getting carried away with accusations before there is any proof.

How horrible would someone feel if they accused an organization like this of breaking the law and defrauding people...and then found out later they were wrong and it WAS truly a charity trying to help people?

To me I'd feel even lower than what Adam did because all this bad press would be taking money out of deserving children's hands.

but it's a double edged sword. first of all, we don't know these claims of fraud are not careful. it would indeed be horrible if $ was diverted from a legitimate charity for children; but it would be just as horrible if money for children has gone to a charity that is not legitimate.

Some folks and I had a bet of when Dicks name would be brought into this... needless to say I Lost. My thoughts are that with Dick, is he already had his show, this is a new show... I do not recall Dick ever bashing children with medical conditions. MY daughter is mildly autistic, my daughter has Aspergers Syndrome and fortunately is one of the lucky children who is highly IQ'd and is functioning. As for people smearing the foundation he 'works' for... no need as he has brought that upon himself. He IS under investigation. There are several articles and interviews with high ranking position holders within the United Autism Foundation who are equally vexed when it comes to the individual who makes these claims... No registered tax/non-tax/charity number filed, fraudulent web sites, fraudulent address one of them being a physical building that had been vacated months and months agoand is currently occupied by another grouo and another being a PO Box that is not registered under the name of the chapter he CLAIMS he has, disconnected/non-registered phone numbers, no formal banking accounts for such chapter/group... so it is not a case of CBS/BB/or individuals that are smearing his 'cause' he has done this for himself.

Ranjake - kudos to you... you are doing a fabulous thing for our soldiers. I personally have adopted 3 soldiers who are currently deployed and send them goodies/letters/necessities from home. PLEASE pm me about your group... do you have adoptions and such... I'd love to help where I can.

myss 911...i had no idea about your daughter. so you KNOW. i'm really sorry you've had to listen to all of this crap. but that's the thing. lots of people don't understand that autism is a spectrum. and with the new programs; so many on the spectrum are able to "come back" and reach their full potential. not that i should be telling you anything! so forgive me. for me, a really close relative "lost" speech and eye contact at 27 months. this little boy was so precocious, talkative, absolutely beautiful...and then absolutely gone. just devastating. through treatment and his parents never giving up...he's doing so well. he's mainstreamed in school and so talented and such a great kid...to a large extent he's back. but he's one of the lucky ones. this is why adam's comment made me spitting mad...and probably illogical.

my not for profit? sounds a lot like yours...adoption, basically. there was a time when we did a lot of body armor donations...but the need has passed a bit, thank god. we do personal stuff, cell phones, music, toileteries. i started it with my sisterinlaw and now we are 6 friends doing it together. almost all of our items are donations from sponsers, retailers...people are so generous...we handle the shipping and logistics, and who needs what. we tend to adopt platoons when we're notified there might be a need. we're in the tri-state area ny,nj,conn) mostly. and actually i don't think i'm actually even allowed to solicit for donations here! we're in great shape, though...for now. so thanks. what i'm interested in trying to start up now is an organization or group that will help the kids who have come home....but i'm still doing research.

ranjake, yes I do indeed know about the lives of children with the medical condition and I'll tell you those little ones are quite the troopers. As far as reading all the stuff on the board I take it for what it is, opinions... just as everyone reading my posts should take it for what it is as well, just one persons opinion. There is absolutely NO need to apologise what-so-ever... we all interpret and process things differently, we all find logic and reasoning in a way that is fitting within ourselves. I am all for opinions and reading those of others, I may not agree with another individuals opinion but alas I am always open to listen... heck I might learn something! LOL! I am sure we all have opinion or thought that is shared with one person or another and then an opinion that really grates on anothers nerves, but that is why we have messages boards and such... to discuss, debate, dismiss or divulge information or thought process that we, as individuals, deem pertinent.

I don't have a non-profit, I have just adopted my soldiers through other groups... I know how lonely it got being away for extended periods of time and just wanted to do something to maybe share a smile. I would love for you to keep me updated on your progress towards your future endeavor. I would love to help, by sending letters or whatever you need. Please keep me updated!

I agree with you Ranjake 100%. Doing research is one thing though. You can research something and try to find the truth of the matter.

I was just sorta trying to stem the tide that I felt boiling up here because I could feel that we were about to go from researching to a witch hunt.

I could be wrong and maybe I was paranoid but I was just trying to give some advice to let facts come to light before anyone (not you, just anyone in general) started lambasting the charity and calling them thieves with no proof.

Let me put it this way because I have experience in this where perhaps you don't, Myss.

Nearly a decade ago my ex-fiance and I had some work done on our camp. The gentleman (I use that term loosely) who acted as foreman for the job left us high and dry halfway through the work. We had paid mostly up front because he was actually a reference from someone we trusted. It became a blame game between him and I. I lost my cool.

So I actually put the truth in big, painted letters spray painted on the side of our camp facing the road (a road not even well traveled) saying "(insert his name) is a thief and will not finish what he started. This camp is proof."

I thought I was well within my rights. After all, he did, indeed, do what I said. He screwed us, plain and simple, and the proof was in the unfinished camp and the receipts I had from using his services.

Imagine my surprise when a sheriff came to my home with a cease and desist. I had to either remove it immediately or go to court.

Now granted I may have gone a bit far but I honestly thought I was in the right. I believed that as long as slander was true, it wasn't slander. Turns out I was in for a rude awakening.

I ended up out all that money because we settled that he would not take me to court for what I had done and I was not going to take him to small claims court for the money he basically stole from me.

The lesson I learned is it's best not to talk badly about people or an organization in the public eye unless you want to suffer consequences. Telling your friends that "This guy didn't finish the job, I wouldn't trust him" is different than trying to tell EVERYONE by advertising it on a the side of a house.

Now granted it's a 99.9 percent chance you'd never get in any kind of trouble slamming the organization here, imagine what would happen if someone decided to make a website slamming the organization with unverified facts.

It was just a warning, that is all.

Just because someone IS in the wrong, doesn't mean you can necessarily plaster it all over the place, often even WITH facts.

Ok I have to admit, your retaliation was brilliant! I would have supported you 100% in what you did, absolutely. I have been fortunate enough to not have to deal with the ordeal that that individual put you through As for slandering him, I am not sure if you are referring to me or not. What I did was merely state what has been all over the news, what has been written in the papers etc... I can provide links on video of news broadcasts but am unaware if that is allowed on this board. I am in no way slamming the Autism Foundation, I am slamminng the fact that people do things to profit themselves, while promoting a valid situation/need/cause with absolutely no real intention of actually doing as they say. There are going to be a lot of people in trouble on this board if people are going to go after them for slander and plastering valid or not valid information on these boards. I would hope that they wouldn't be so petty to do that, afterall the HG's put themselves out ther and made claims... it is natural for us all to put on our Sherlock Holmes hat, grab our pipe and venture out to get the facts or get the dirt.... I truly do appreciate your insight and warning though.

Anyone notice on last night's BBAD (a wild scene) that the girls didn't run to kiss Adam in the pool. They made out w/each other and the other guys but they did a small little kiss with Adam after the guys said they should. Makes you wonder about the stories Adam tells regarding himself and women.

In the past when people have made rather.. unflattering comments that could hurt them in the real world they've chosen not to air it. Examples including and not limited to Alison and Jun's racism directed towards Robert, Maggie and her comments about poor people, Amber making antisemitic remarks about Jews. The knowledge being that while there's no justifiable reason for these comments, someone's life shouldn't be wrecked because of them. I mean think about what you say in your day to day life that you know is offensive but you don't mean any ill remarks by it. Imagine if those remarks became publicized and put on national television. Chances are if you were being taped 24/7 in secret you wouldn't be able to find a job, friends, or much of anything based on remarks you may make. Occasionally, people can let their guard down in Big Brother and say something really stupid. Adam is an example of this. I don't think his little remark shows a lack of care for the kids or how he really feels about them or anything. He was just being stupid. I really don't think they should have aired the comments on TV and cost him his job and reputation among the community he's worked for.

"Anyone notice on last night's BBAD (a wild scene) that the girls didn't run to kiss Adam in the pool. They made out w/each other and the other guys but they did a small little kiss with Adam after the guys said they should. Makes you wonder about the stories Adam tells regarding himself and women. "

I don't blame them in the slightest! I would have rather kissed the pool sweeper than Adam. He has to be one of the more repulsive men I have ever seen in my life. He is soooo full of garbage when he states that he is such a 'playa', as I've stated before the only play thing he has is Hanna and her 5 sisters. I think he is worse than Mike Boogie and before I saw Adam, I thought that was a virtually unreachable task...

Archived