Sheila & Adam

CeCiMom

From TVGuide.com:

Lowe's Blow: Big Slur Scares Off Advertiser

Big Brother's Adam by Monty Brinton/CBS

Lowe's would prefer to see some improvement in the Big Brother home, and until that happens is pulling its ad dollars from the CBS series, as a result of last week's episode where housemate Adam referred to autistic kids as "retards." "Lowe's is doing the right thing... voting with their dollars," the exec director of Autism United, the advocacy group that has called for BB's cancellation, tells the New York Daily News. CBS had no comment on the Lowe's situation.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone pull advertising from last season's show when Dick was degrading women and comments being made about certain religions and asians?

I don't remember that happening and this is the kind of crap that irks me. Why is okay to make some deragatory comments, yet not others. The hypocrisy of it all bugs me big time. Either we have censorship for everything all nothing. Why do people get to pick and choose what is offensive and what is not!!!!

Edit: I forgot about gay people...there was some nasty stuff said to Dustin too last season.

Lowes hates women. Until they "vote with their dollars", that's my only explanation.

I remember something about NOW wanting an apology and CBS told them to take a midol.

It's all this Grodner crap...I hope this show gets canned. She's turned it into three ring circus. She took an entertaining concept that viewers enjoyed watching strategies and made it a foul/sex/repulsive train wreck. She's the real attention whore and I want to see what she looks like. For some reason I get the feeling she's this repulsive looking woman who lives her life through her stupid hg/twists. I'm hating on her now too......

its was casting director

I've heard of bunny boiler :stirthepot: ....it's a psycho stalker/ex lover as from movie Fatal Attraction...Glenn Close character. I think it's the same.

...and yep...Sheila def shows signs of being one! ;)

I was reading some stuff online today about the autistic website that Adam is involved with............the autism people were so angry about his "retard" remark, that they are trying to get the Fla. DA to investigate if the website is a sham or not............some people think he set it up just to use it to win BB..........read some quotes from his dad that he wants to win BB to contribute to the foundation.............not sure what is true or not but did visit the website..........doesn't appear to do anything more than ask for $$$$$..............but, again, I have no idea what's true.

I really do think Sheila and Adam are out on a pass from the psych ward.............or amybe they just escaped together...........there was a movie like that once....................where the inmates escaped...............maybe THAT is the twist! :2thumbsup:

Sure........they do the usual "extensive" medical exams :huh:

But if they were truly escapees (sp?) and certifiable.......they could have gotten through those easily........no hypoglycemia or hives showing up on these two!

Without a doubt...........and for sure, this year..........at least in the past, although they have had their weird qualities, I had thought they were somewhat taken from a range of people from below to above normal intellect and socio-economic means...............this group is below normal at all levels.

Last year, I thought were extremes..........some, SO different

Looking back, on some of the early ones........you can't say Boogie or Will were winos or losers......and some of the people in the early shows really had good lives and good jobs..............I think, though, Ginger, your remarks are right on about this year.

Well, the producers and casters had to step up their game a bit because they had so much success with the other wacko team of Dick/Dani last year (no success with wackos Amber and what ever her name was the bible thumper). Last year's wacko's are a hard act to follow, but I think the producers pulled it off this season. Judging last season and this season, it can only get worse.

I actually thought about applying for the BB house but I can't afford to quit my job and go on there for a measly $750.00 a week in case I don't win. Which makes me wonder how Sheila can afford it (I know everyone assumes that they are going to win but seriously, one has to understand the odds). I guess that she's doing it so she could advertise her book.

I shouldn't have said measly because it is a lot of money but I still have bills, etc. and couldn't wait until the end to pay them, etc.

Archived