Should Cbs Show The Love Scenes During The 8:00 Hour?

chatterbox

I have younger, 7 and 9, kids who thoroughly enjoy watching the comps and such in Survivor. If the focus is going to be on lovemaking scenes by several of the contestants, are you going to let your kids continue watching Survivor?

Why or why not?

And please, I don't want CBS to ruin Survivor by making it into a "family show". We've been down that road with TAR. My kids are teens and they won't see anything on Survivor they probably would be able to see in the halls at school anyway. However, if my kids were younger and I thought it was inappropriate, I just would not let them watch. End of story.

:marie: They already interviewed Jeff P. about the love scenes this year and he said they're going to keep it clean enough for the 8:00pm time slot. All I saw on tonight's show was them laying close to each other kissing, fully clothed. About the same as lot of other prime time shows on any of the networks. Prime time is geared for adults. The kids in my family are in bed by 8pm, quietly reading until 8:30pm on a school night since they have to be up by 6am. jmho

:pixiedust:

I must be a bad parent. I let my 9 year old watch... but she thinks Surivivor is boring.

As for the kissing... It isn't anything she hasn't seen already. My feeling is, if you shoo your kids out the room every time two adults start tongue wrestling, it will intrigue them that much more.

Thanks for all the inputs!

Every night, except Survivor night, my kids are in bed at 8 also. As it was, I guess I should not have worried since Shark tickets fell into our hands that night!!! So much for that 8:00, no I meant 11:00, bedtime. LOL. (My kids are up at 5:30 to go swimming so they are way to tired to stay up too late.)

Archived