Bride Dies At Her Wedding

uvp

Sat Feb 9, 7:04 PM ET

DAVIE, Florida -- Kim Sjostrom wanted a real-life version of the film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," which played in the background as friends fixed her hair and makeup before her own marriage ceremony.

But less than an hour after she and Teddy Efkarpides were wed, Sjostrom crumpled in her husband's arms during a Greek song that means "Love Me."

At 36, Sjostrom was dead from heart disease.

The wedding had became a project at Davie Elementary School, where Sjostrom taught first grade. Fellow teachers provided the wedding gown, the flowers and decorations. One of them, an ordained minister, performed the ceremony.

"It was perfect for her," said Dominic Church, the minister friend.

Sjostrom carried blue and white flowers during the ceremony

but on a day like that it even more painfull

That is awful. My cousin, who is very ill with diabetes, had a heart attack while giving birth to her child. She survived it, but apparently it's not uncommon for people with juvenile diabetes to have heart attacks at a young age. :(

This is very sad! Heart Disease kills more women than any other disease! Breast cancer awareness is very good....but you just don't see the awareness of Heart Disease in women that should be out there! On her wedding day! SAD! RIP!

:pixiedust:

Archived