Neil

Angelo Joe

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:marie: Hopefully we'll find out to night why he left (in a short statement).....BB hasn't said anything because they're wanting us to all tune in and drive up their ratings.....its funny that Neil hasn't surfaced anywhere since he left???? Just in a old picture.

:pixiedust:

Gingersnaps wrote:

I doubt it. That it so against confidentiality laws. No one has to disclose the information that they are HIV + or not.

That's just plain crazy in terms of BB. The idea that someone can claim "Private Info" on HIV when going into a reality game where they are living in a confined space 24x7 for 3 months.

I agree with Yana, these people are probably the most tested people on the planet for every kind of sickness. Why? it would kill the show if they they were to get a cold, flu, ( and sick in bed 1-2 weeks) or far worse 1 goes in with HIV, and 4 people come out with HIV. CBS would be sued for millions (by the HGs) for knowing in advance they had a HIV+ person in the house and did not disclose that information, or CBS chose not to test the HGs for HIV in advance under some kind idea they didn't want to invade the HGs' privacy. It is my understanding BB producers ask very probing questions into details about their lives, such as how many times they have sex per day, how many sex partners they've had total, committed crimes they never been caught\arrested. The last thing they want to find out is they got a serial date rapist in the house (or whatever) because they didn't ask the very personal questions. This is not job interview.

I truly doubt Neil left because of HIV, and I am sure we shall have BB's official explanation today.

:marie: I agree echo!

I also have heard all over the net that we'll learn about Neil on Tuesday because tonight is already taped and Neil was there during what we see tonight! So I predict that Tuesday's show will have very high ratings. I keep forgetting the feeds and Sho2BAD is a head of the CBS episodes.

TCS, The ratings angle makes perfect sense to me; hold the really good stuff for the Prime time show. If the producers dropped the ball somehow and Neil managed to slip something by them, then CBS will spin it as "For personal reasons" and leave it at that. However, if a close family member died, CBS most likely will reveal in broad terms the nature for his leaving such as "Neil got a phone call that a family member passed away, and Neil decided to leave the BB house to be with his family". If we are left speculating what really happened, then my guess is that Neil got fired.

That's just plain crazy in terms of BB. The idea that someone can claim "Private Info" on HIV when going into a reality game where they are living in a confined space 24x7 for 3 months.

First of all, if they are going to test someone then they need to have counselors on hand...no counseling, no tests. They're so damn cheap they never want to even get a dr for someone. Remember last season.....

No one has divulge, not even for a reality show. If the producers are forcing people to be tested then it's pre-meditated on their part that they want the intercourse to happen. If it's not pre-meditated and forced sex on the hg and people in the house do not have sex then no need to worry about getting HIV. Read up on the facts/statistics about acquiring HIV.

You do not catch HIV by living in "confined spaces" - gee, that's just plain crazy thinking.

I have to say I agree with Yana too. I've heard many of the HGs say they are tested for all kinds of "things" before the show.

Yeah, well someone forgot to administer a psych test. And if they do it's evident some circus clown is doing it.

GingerSnaps Wrote:

No one has divulge, not even for a reality show. If the producers are forcing people to be tested then it's pre-meditated on their part that they want the intercourse to happen. If it's not pre-meditated and forced sex on the hg and people in the house do not have sex then no need to worry about getting HIV. Read up on the facts/statistics about acquiring HIV.

You do not catch HIV by living in "confined spaces" - gee, that's just plain crazy thinking.

You're correct they don't have to agree to be tested for health related problems. What they can't do is turn around and sue CBS for rejecting them if the decide to refuse the tests. I'm pretty confident that anyone who refuses never makes it into the BB house, and I am confident that these HGs are heavily tested for pretty much everything that could cause problems during or after the show. If this was a job interview, a potential HG could sue for being required to take so many health tests, and ask probing questions into the every aspect of their life (imagine during an job interview being asked: How many times to do you have sex per week?, How many sex partners) in this case they can't turn around and sue for being rejected for being HIV+ or refusing to take the tests. That is the difference.

Anyone who lives with a HIV+ individual can get HIV without having sex with that person. Families with an HIV+ person living in their home know they are at some risk, and need to take very specific precautions. It is a huge risk to live with an HIV+ person and not know it.

I'm not confident about anything when it comes to how BB runs things.

As far as Neil goes specifically, I don't understand why BB didn't let him say goodbye. Why didn't they let him tell the others as much as he wanted to tell them about his family situation? Why not let him have two minutes with his "soulmate" to talk strategy before he leaves? It's all very fishy, to me.

From what little I have seen on BBAD. Some explanation was given to the HGs to keep them from speculating themselves. They don't seem to dwell on it from what I have seen. It is always possible he did come back into the house, said something, and left, but it has been withheld for the prime time show. Maybe I am wrong and HGs are just as much in the dark as we are; Neil disappeared without a single comment from BB, but I tend to think that would only cause the HGs to focus on that issue to the exclusion of playing the game.

Anyone who lives with a HIV+ individual can get HIV without having sex with that person. Families with an HIV+ person living in their home know they are at some risk, and need to take very specific precautions. It is a huge risk to live with an HIV+ person and not know it.

:marie: I agree echo, What if someone fell and hurt themselves and was bleeding, and another HG got blood in a cut while helping. I've heard its hard to catch HIV that way, but it can happen and does happen. You can get HIV from bodily fluids, a couple of nights ago James licked sweat off one of the girls while in the sauna. So I think BB has a duty to protect all the HGs because of the close quarters and living conditions. Casual contact is not a problem.

I agree about not speculating on whether or not someone has HIV.........I think that's a stretch.

IMO-- I think he wanted to get away from Josh...........I think he realized that he could be a potential future stalker when he saw that he was "in love" with him in the first 3 minutes of being paired up with him. Josh really thought N was his soulmate for life! He even said so after N left, when he was crying over the loss. Something was really weird about his reaction. :animated_shocking: too psycho

The complete and total ignorance by members of this board in regard to HIV is disgusting and sad. Before you start saying that it is a "huge risk" just living in the same house as someone with HIV, you need to do some serious RESEARCH. And yes Echo, I am talking to you, but also all of the other ignorant people who have posted so many inaccuracies about people with HIV.

Educate yourselves people.

Sad.....no actually....disgusting.

Dep

Dep wrote:

is a "huge risk" just living in the same house as someone with HIV

Good Golly, I never posted that. But I admit I am a hypochondriac know-it-all and so paraniod that I never leave my 1962 sunbeam trailer, not even to pick up my SSI check. I could have sworn I had HIV last year and on my death bed, but it turned out to be just a cold. I guess it is not possible to get HIV from living next door to a person who's been HIV+ for the past 10 years, and I guess it is not possible to get HIV from a bunch of HIV+ kids at a summer camp. Learn something new every day.

Echo, go back and look at your post 109 on this thread. Here is the copy and paste

"Anyone who lives with a HIV+ individual can get HIV without having sex with that person. Families with an HIV+ person living in their home know they are at some risk, and need to take very specific precautions. It is a huge risk to live with an HIV+ person and not know it. "

Yes, you DID post that

Dep

:marie:.....never mind, its not worth it! I deleted what I really wanted to say!

hey echo.....can ya pass me a wine cooler?

Marty wrote:

Hey Echo can you share? Wine? Beer? I am thirsty.
:P

It's moonshine, pretty nasty stuff, but after 10+ years I am getting accustom to the horrible taste and smell. There is a still next to my 1962 sunbeam trailer; that is how I make my living since I am on SSI (I faked a back injury while working as a Walmart greeter).

I also tend to lie a lot :animated_bouncy:

:marie: I think what ever the reason Neil left for there's a good chance we will know more this Tuesday. I hope it was that he wanted to leave cos he felt uneasy about the soul mate theme. I hope that he didn't have a death or family emergency. Nor do I think he has HIV like other boards have eluded to. I also agree with Yana when she posted that former HGs have told her they get tested and retested for everything. So there shouldn't be a health issue. jmho

Let me add my two cents :) Obviously it's not HIV so let's stop discussing it.... I THINK..................... that since stupid jen and ryan let their secret out, and idiot jacob got the other twist off the show... that This neil disappearance is actually another huge twist.... I mean c'mon, expect the unexpected.... Maybe in the near future while josh and sharon discuss their plans and strategize and what not that perhaps neil will be thrown back in the game and maybe sharon's fate will be in josh's hands, does he want neil or sharon as a partner? I dont know just some brainstorming.

Archived