Theme 'Til Death Do Us Part'

laladoopiedu

I haven't peeked at the Shelia thread yet, but boy did they show her over-reacting about her pairing. She basically said "You paired me up with the uglist guy I have ever seen". She never gave the Adam a chance.

me thing he her pr manager :lol:

Well, I am a day late & a dollar short. I missed the first 2 episodes & am playing catch up. I am enjoying the pair up theme. I am a hopeless romantic, so I would LOVE to see some couples pair up & make it. I am watching the 1st episode right now & am seeing the reactions as the couples learn their partner. Sheila is acting like a witch. I feel bad for Adam. =(

just thinking about the til death do us part tagline, death could be talking about being evicted. so, maybe once you get evicted (death), then you part ways from your partner. so, sharon and jacob were evicted, then sharon parted ways with jacob and came back into the house

but, that still doesn't explain why neil was taken out. just got an alert from hamsterwatch that neil had a picture taken with some famous on the outside - here's the link - http://bb9mobile.blogspot.com

This what i think going on this season , Till death do you part. Eviction = Death / Part one will come back with new partner . Either they will offer money for a partner to leave game , if neither one takes it they stay then i think they will repair the evicted one's . I think that is how its going to last twelve weeks. Just a thought but its what i think may be going on.

No, I don't think that is it at all. I think "til death do us part" meant they were going to couple up people, have them sleep, compete and get evicted together, just like the commercial said. I also think that at some point they will uncouple them to stretch out the season. Unfortunately, something happened to make Neil have to leave and to be fair to Josh they had to bring back Sharon. I do not think this will be an ongoing occurance.

So is there no AP this season ? I liked that last year it was fun even though I hated their choice. I wonder if these HGs are thinking there is one or not? Maybe they will bring it back for summer? They are airing a new season in the summer right?

:marie: Ok ....I'm confused.....before this season started it was "Dirty Little Secrets".....I thought everyone had a secret. Then when the show starts its "Til Death We Do Part".....which is it?

I thought everyone would come in with a secret.....that would be revealed and the only one I know of so far is one chick has a gambling addiction.

Now its a couple thing....we started out with 8 couples and one pair gone on the first night....so did CBS (with the writers strike looking like it would end soon) put the couples together so they can shorten the season if they had to. CBS has said its going to be a full season. One of the things they have said is "they MAY" be eliminated together. So can only one person be evicted? Like I say...'I'm confused" ????

Maybe this coming week we'll all find out whats up.

So Mods if you think this is a lame topic....please feel free to make it go "poof"! With my blessings ;)

:pixiedust:

I don't get it, either. Maybe they started out with "Dirty Little Secrets" and they are just keeping the theme music because they paid the guy for it in advance. I think they have people in there with secrets, but they usually have people with secrets every year. Unless the secret was going to be somehow revealed, and unless it has some sort of impact on the house, I don't see the way the DLS theme could have worked. So, I'm guessing they switched the theme, as the show was starting near Valentine's Day, and they wanted to try to get more hooking up for Showtime BBAD.

I am not sure how binding the contracts are that they signed, but I think this year could set BB up for some lawsuits (with things happening like Amanda claiming she was physically touched in ways she didn't want, by Alex). Of course, they've probably been sued before, and probably the people didn't win.

I just wonder what they would have called the season if it started in March? "Kiss me I'm Irish" and they could bring back the little person from last season as a leprecaun (sp?)

I think the "twist" was about as believable as it was last year, the couple that hates eachother is in the game. I think Sharon and Jacob knew they were both going to be in the house and Sharon's return is tainted.

I do like the pairs, though, and agree it completely alter's the strategies. I wonder if they paired up people who said they planned to "lay low" (Jen, Chelsia, Neil) with players who said they planned to go all out (Amanda, Adam, James).

i would like to know who at CBS did the matchmaking for the show. It seems none of the couples should be together, except maybe james and chelsia. they all seem mismatched to me. does anyone else feel this way too? instead of calling them soulmates they should have said "we will put together the worst possible matches to create the most drama". and maybe that's what they did. it just doesn't seem fair when one of the pair isn't liked, they both will be tossed. but since when has BB and their stupid "twists" (expect the unexpected BS!!) been fair?

Before the show I gave my predictions of who would be matched and it turns out I was 50% correct. I really think I might have been at least 75% correct had they not thrown in the Sharon-Jacob / Jen-Ryan match-ups. Anyway, this may sound dorky, but not only did I match the houseguests based on the profile we were given, but also on astrological signs. You know, the whole personality aspect of the signs. There were some really good match-ups on my list as well as some "Explosive :excl: - could be good or bad" match-ups. I think the blow-ups we're seeing are from those Explosive relationships.

That being said, I found it interesting that a LOT of the contestants were Fire signs. In fact, I think about a third of the house was born under the fire sign. Being a fire sign myself (Leo), I know how "explosive" our personalities are. Fire signs are fueled by Air signs, and there are only a couple of air signs. The others are split between Water and Earth signs. :animated_scratchchin: I wonder if a lot of the conflict is between certain signs? I'll look into that tonight after work!! :lookaround:

I think it was a crazy thing to do without letting them know.........they are asking for trouble, forcing them to sleep together............they'll be lucky if the next time someone calls "rape", it isn't for real.

Archived