Theme 'Til Death Do Us Part'

laladoopiedu

seem like soulmate thingy is the twist

The HG will enter the house within the next few days (if they aren't there already). They usually have them in the house for approximately 4-7 days prior to the start of BB.

The internet feeds usually go live after BB has aired on the West Coast on the day of the premier -- February 12.

it sounds to me like they should give them a couple of weeks before they start to evict anyone

maybe even have a week in between the evictions or something

On the biggest loser couples, they started out with 10 pairs... 4 pairs got eliminated together the first four weeks and then they started being eliminated individually when 12 people were left. I think it's obvious BB is eventually going to tell the pairs that they will be playing separately about 2 to 4 weeks in. If I had to guess, they all start playing a free for all when 10 of them are left.

Did anyone notice that they have changed the name from BB9 to BB: Til death do us part or am i just out of the loop? I was very surprised by this as when i checked my guide the other day it said BB9 and today it said BB:TDDUP. Could this be a possible hint on a twist? Possibly married couples in the house or people dating? Maybe formorly married/dating people? IDK, it just stood out to me as something different.

I think I'm going to enjoy the new twist. When I first saw the cast was all young 20 somethings (except for the Penthouse chick) I thought "here we go again." Can't have the twist without them all being around the same age. I think it'll be funny to see if this matchmaking stuff really works or if some of the people will bail for someone else.

I'm with you Snaps....the cellmate thing might have been a good twist. There's gonna be a lot of laundry going on this season :animated_scratchchin:

I have been following BB since season 1, so I think you can conclude I am a fan. But I have to admit that I feel BB9 has a theme which is a little "too personal" to me. I feel offended that CBS would attempt to play matchmaker on a reality show, even if they did a good job with profiling to set up people who match each other well. Is nothing too personal for TV? These are real people who they are attempting to match up in real life to play a social game for the entertainment of the TV audience. If you want to win naturally you will need to play along. Putting people in beds together, etc., is "forcing" a social closeness in such a fast manner that it almost seems shocking to me. What happened to the idea of developing feelings among people naturally? Yet at the same time, I suppose this is "normal" in a larger historical context, as throughout history most people had arranged marriages until the idea of "romantic love" came along. Maybe in that sense I shouldn't be shocked at all. Now to win the game, obviously, you as a contestant are going to want to go along with the relationship CBS has picked for you. Are corporations going to set up your relationships too now? Doesn't this feel like stepping over a boundary? Now I realize that these contestants have a choice about how to react and it looked like they were doing a good job of it on the first episode. However, isn't CBS taking advantage of the human desire for relationships merely to provide entertaining TV for us so they can make money? I mean, this seems like getting too personal to me. Are others reacting the same way I am?

i say more handicapping hg chances to win 500000

Not at all. I actually think it's really funny and me and my wife were talking about how they should do this 'pairs' thing again and force people to pair up with their biggest enemies. Or even a show with 8 sets of mortal enemies playing individually would be great.

I think that the people who get to play this game are very privledged and lucky to be chosen to do this in the first place. They are being given an incredible opportunity. All that money shouldn't come easy!

I like it alot. It definately threw a wrench into the game that none of the players were expecting. It also made it harder for the house to immediately divide into 2 teams on the first night.

I was tired of seeing people come in every season and follow the exact same plan as the previous season. This adds some new levels of strategy AND some new levels of tension and it's all from the very beginning.

But, that is juts my gut reaction to the first 24 hours. By next week, this may all turn out to have been a horrible idea. For now though, I am enjoying the change of pace.

Dep

I have to agree. I am enjoying this theme so far as well. I'm sure it'll get old soon but i have a feeling this season of BB will be over before we get a chance to get bored with it. The writer's strike is off so i'm thinking they will keep evicting two at a time and rush the winter edition.

Archived