Dancing With The Stars 6

Dade

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Priscilla Presley, Florence Henderson, Marla Maples among rumored Dancing stars

There

• 2 weeks later...

I read this list of dancing suspects . . .

Ladies

Actress Priscilla Presley

Actress/Author Joan Collins

Actress Florence Henderson

TV Personality Marla Maples

Tennis Great Monica Seles

Actress Cheryl Ladd

TV Personality Brooke Hogan

Actress Marlee Matlin

TV Personality/Wrestler Chyna

Men

Actor Sean Hayes (although recently denied)

They Said No

IndyCar Racer Danica Patrick

Actress Mira Sorvino (her management said not to do it)

It will be interesting to see who actually makes it on to the dance floor this season since some of those names denied that they will be part of the show. Just like there are rumors which stars will be dancing there are also rumors which dancers will be back. So far rumored is Edyta, Julianne Hough, Derek Hough, Louis van Amstel but no Maksim.

Two celebrities that are eager and begging to be "Dancing With the Stars" contestants include "Celebrity Apprentice" Marilu Henner and "American Idol" Judge Paula Abdul. However, their pleas have fallen on deaf ears so far. Producers feel both celebs have too unfair of an advantage with their extensive dance backgrounds.

Other celebrities that ran into casting problems include "The Bachelor" Host Chris Harrison. "I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm a big fan and it seems like so much fun," he told The New York Post. However, ABC won't cast him for scheduling reasons. "They said it would be awkward if I was on a show that led into my own show," he said.

Perhaps they also thought it'd be awkward to cast someone who's so clearly not a celebrity and just there because they have a connection with ABC. But 'Dancing's' producers clearly don't have a problem casting someone from one of ABC's other popular feel good reality shows . . . "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

'EM:HE' Designer Paige Hemmis said that it's just a matter of scheduling her appearance. "It's not if I do 'Dancing With The Stars,' it's when. The only reason I couldn't do it this time was that we're in the middle of our shooting schedule. But maybe by next spring, I'll be in the clear," she said.

Another Disney-connected person who wants to do the show and is actually somewhat famous is "High School Musical" Actor Corbin Bleu. "I'd love to do this. I'd go out there and mambo." However, he told The Post that he might not be able to because of the show's rules prohibiting celebrities who've had formal training.

"I don't know if they would actually allow me to," Bleu explained further in detail. "Because I have trained in ballroom for two years and I know they don't want that. The whole point is to show people learning to ballroom dance."

oprah_logo250x175.jpg

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Thursday, February 21

"Dancing with the Stars" All-Stars! (PG)

Put on your dancing shoes! We're kicking up our heels with the "Dancing with the Stars" All-Stars

The new cast:

Adam Carolla

Cristian de la Fuente

Shannon Elizabeth

Steve Guttenberg

Mario

Marlee Matlin

Penn Jillette

Priscilla Presley

Monica Seles

Jason Taylor

Marissa Janet Winokur

Kristi Yamaguchi

I LOVE Kristi Yamaguchi!!!

This was just posted on Wikipedia:

According to an announcement on the February 11 episode of Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann , the Dancing With the Stars season 6 cast will be revealed live on the Dance War finale on February 18. According to a midseason schedule posted on ABC's Medianet website, the season premiere will air on March 17, 2008, with the first results show on March 25, 2008.

This year's confirmed participants are:

Actress Marlee Matlin

Illusionist Penn Jillette

Actress Marissa Jaret Winokur

TV and Radio Personality Adam Carolla

Chilean Actor Cristi

coloro--><i> Announces Dance Teams

by Joal Ryan

%7Boption%7D' alt='> %7Boption%7D'>

Priscilla Presley

Elvis won't be in the building, but his former wife will. Priscilla Presley and 11 other bold-enough-faced names were named to "Dancing with the Stars'" sixth-season lineup.

All making the dance card:

Courtesy of: ABC, DANCING WITH THE STARS

Announcing...

TWELVE NEW STARS WILL LIGHT UP THE DANCE FLOOR WHEN DANCING WITH THE STARS RETURNS FOR A SPECTACULAR SIXTH SEASON

The First Results Show, on Tuesday, March 25, Will Feature a DOUBLE ELIMINATION, a First in Dancing With The Stars History

Good Morning America to Host the First Interview with a Member of the New Cast, when Priscilla Presley Stops by on February 19th - Celebrity and Professional Dancer Pairings Will be Announced as Well

Jimmy Kimmel Will Be the First Late Night Talk Show Host to Interview a Member of the New Cast on March 21st When He Welcomes Marissa Jaret Winokur to Jimmy Kimmel Live

Twelve celebrities - six men and six women - attempt to outshine one another on a sixth season of the hit series, Dancing with the Stars, which returns MONDAY, MARCH 17 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET) on ABC. The season six cast includes some of our most lauded stars yet: an Academy Award winner, a Tony Award winner, an Olympic Gold medalist, a nine-time Grand Slam tennis champion, and the NFL's current Man of the Year.

Six teams will strut their stuff on Monday night, while the other six teams will show off their moves on TUESDAY, MARCH 18 (9:00-10:30 p.m., ET). All twelve couples will perform a second routine the following week on MONDAY, MARCH 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), before the first elimination, TUESDAY, MARCH 25 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, where for the first time in the show's history, two couples' fates will be determined in a dramatic double elimination.

TWELVE NEW STARS WILL LIGHT UP THE DANCE FLOOR WHEN DANCING WITH THE STARS RETURNS FOR A SPECTACULAR SIXTH SEASON

The First Results Show, on Tuesday, March 25, Will Feature a DOUBLE ELIMINATION, a First in Dancing With The Stars History

Good Morning America to Host the First Interview with a Member of the New Cast, when Priscilla Presley Stops by on February 19th - Celebrity and Professional Dancer Pairings Will be Announced as Well

Jimmy Kimmel Will Be the First Late Night Talk Show Host to Interview a Member of the New Cast on March 21st When He Welcomes Marissa Jaret Winokur to Jimmy Kimmel Live

Twelve celebrities - six men and six women - attempt to outshine one another on a sixth season of the hit series, Dancing with the Stars, which returns MONDAY, MARCH 17 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET) on ABC. The season six cast includes some of our most lauded stars yet: an Academy Award winner, a Tony Award winner, an Olympic Gold medalist, a nine-time Grand Slam tennis champion, and the NFL's current Man of the Year.

Six teams will strut their stuff on Monday night, while the other six teams will show off their moves on TUESDAY, MARCH 18 (9:00-10:30 p.m., ET). All twelve couples will perform a second routine the following week on MONDAY, MARCH 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), before the first elimination, TUESDAY, MARCH 25 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, where for the first time in the show's history, two couples' fates will be determined in a dramatic double elimination.

In alphabetical order, the twelve stars making their ballroom dancing debut are:

ADAM CAROLLA - Television and Radio personality Adam Carolla is the host of the Los Angeles based and nationally syndicated morning radio program, The Adam Carolla Show. The actor/comedian has his first starring film role soon to be released in The Hammer (in theaters March 21st), which he co-wrote and co-produced. Carolla was also one of the creators and hosts of Comedy Central's The Man Show (alongside Jimmy Kimmel) and the MTV and long-running syndicated radio program, Loveline, with Dr. Drew Pinsky.

CRISTI

tv_guide_logo.jpg

Part One

New 'Dancing' Cast Steps Up

An Oscar winner, an Olympic gold medalist and an original host of "The Man Show" are among the new crop of celebrities who will fox-trot for your votes on "Dancing With the Stars." The show returns for its sixth edition on Monday, March 17 on ABC.

The show revealed its new cast during the finale of ABC's "Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann." Past contestants Kenny Mayne (in full pancake makeup), Jerry Rice and Lisa Rinna revived 'Dancing's' ongoing "DanceCenter" bit to announce the names of the 12 competitors.

Among those hoofing for the trophy in the new cast:

adam_502.jpg

Star: Adam Carolla

You know him from: co-host of television shows "Loveline"

with Dr. Drew Pinsky and "The Man Show" with Jimmy

Kimmel. He is also host of his own syndicated radio show

cristian_502.jpg

Star: Cristian de la Fuente

You know him from: The Spanish-languages series

"Como ana una mujer" and "Reyes y Rey" and guest

spots on "The Class" and "Ugly Betty"

shannon_502.jpg

Star: Shannon Elizabeth

You know her from: Her 'body' of work in

the movie, "American Pie" and the popular

TV series, "That '70s Show"

steve_502.jpg

Star: Steve Guttenberg

You know him from: His roles on the TV tween hit series,

"Veronica Mars" and the "Three Men and a Baby" movie

franchise as well as his legendary TCA press tour interviews

mario_502.jpg

Star: Mario (just Mario)

You know him from: His hit, "Let Me Love You,"

which held the No. 1 spot on the R&B charts

for nine weeks a couple years back

marlee_502.jpg

Star: Marlee Matlin

You know her from: Won an Oscar for the 1986 film,

"Children of a Lesser God" and also has a handful

of Emmy nominations to her credit for her work on

"The West Wing" and "The L Word."

tv_guide_logo.jpg

Part Two

New 'Dancing' Cast Steps Up

penn_502.jpg

Star: Penn Jillette

You know him from: Being the chatty half

of comedy-magic duo Penn & Teller and

their Showtime series, "Bulls**t!"

priscilla_502.jpg

Star: Priscilla Presley

You know her from: Being Elvis' wife, and her

acting turns in "The Naked Gun" film series

and the hit TV nighttime soap opera, "Dallas"

monica_502.jpg

Star: Monica Seles

You know her from: Her nine Grand Slam Tennis Titles

Taylor_502.jpg

Star: Jason Taylor

You know him from: His All-Pro exploits

as a Miami Dolphins Defensive End

marissa_stars.jpg

Star: Marissa Jaret Winokur

You know her from: Her Tony-winning turn in

"Hairspray" and a co-starring role on "Stacked"

kristi_502.jpg

Star: Kristi Yamaguchi

You know her from: Her gold medal-winning

performance in Ladies Figure Skating at the

1992 Winter Olympics

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALTIY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With The Stars Premiere: Mixed Results For Male Celebrities

Writing by Joe Reality on Monday, 17 March, 2008 at 6:38 pm

For the Dancing with the Stars 6 premiere, the professional dancers opened the show with a group dance. After introducing all the dance couples for the season, host Tom Bergeron revealed that the six male celebrities and their professional dance partners would be performing tonight.

Penn Jillette & Kym Johnson danced the Cha-Cha-Cha. Len Goodman said,

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Dancing with the Stars

by Krista Ciallella

Episode Recap: Back in the Ballroom Again!

Leapin' lizards! It's time for another season of Dancing with the Stars. Welcome back, everyone! I've missed my weekly helping of D-list casserole

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With the Stars: Kristi, Priscilla, and Marlee Bring It!

Writing by Jennifer_Brown on Tuesday, 18 March, 2008 at 7:36 pm

kristi-yamaguchi-courtesy-abc.jpg

It

Dancing with the Stars

by Krista Ciallella

Episode Recap: The Women Take the Floor

Upon some reflection, I'd say the odds were in the women's favor tonight. With the exception of Mario, I didn't see a stand-out last night. Who would step-up? I wasn't so sure anyone would. Luckily, the ballroom gods had some surprises in store.

Shannon Elizabeth

Courtesy of; REALITYBLURRED

Unexpected moments make Dancing with the Stars more entertaining than American Idol

If anything, watching Dancing with the Stars proves that American Idol has become somewhat of a bore this year. The Fox show used to be little more than a string of hysterical, awkward, or outrageous unscripted moments interrupted by bad karaoke; now, with Paula Abdul mostly sedate and a kind of bland top 10, the show is left with the karaoke part.

That wasn

Dancing with the Stars: Jason Taylor, The Mambo King!

Writing by Jennifer_Brown on Monday, 24 March, 2008 at 8:55 pm

jason-courtesy-abc.jpg

It

Dancing with the Stars

by Krista Ciallella

Episode Recap: You say Mambo, I say Mango

Phew! Tonight was a marathon, not a sprint. As much as I love this show, 2 hours and all 12 competitors was a bit much for me. Luckily, there was nothing a good mambo couldn't fix.

Raise your hand if you totally fantasize about being a competitor on this show. I do, I do! I always have the coolest dress, the best technique and a song that doesn't stink! Oh, and Maksim is my partner every time. Yeah, you know it!

But enough about my delusions of grandeur, it's D-List casserole time. So get yourself a plate and I'll serve up some recap for ya!

Mahoney

Dancing with the Stars: Penn Jillette and Monica Seles Are Out!

Writing by Jennifer_Brown on Tuesday, 25 March, 2008 at 8:28 pm

the-jonas-brothers-courtesy-abc.jpg

Tonight viewers saw the first live elimination show of this season

Dancing with the Stars

by Krista Ciallella

Episode Recap: Please Pass the Fiber!

The tango and the jive are two of the liveliest dances in the ballroom repertoire, so I knew we were in for an interesting night. The tango is by far my favorite (the pasa doble is a close second) because of the fire and emotion and the jive is entertaining because there is a lot of movement. But they are not just entertaining, they are challenging. The tango must be tight yet look effortless and the jive is crazy yet the movements must be controlled. There were some hits and misses tonight, so let's get to it!

Marlee

Dancing with the Stars: The Gutte Gets the Boot!

Writing by Jennifer_Brown on Tuesday, 1 April, 2008 at 8:24 pm

steve-guttenberg-dancing-courtesy-abc.jp

The couples come into tonight

The Gutte got to finish his statement on "Good Morning America" early this a.m. He had spent some time in the south helping Hurricane Katrina victims rebuild their homes and lives so he wanted to give his love and support to them and tell them if he can learn to dance . . . then miracles can happen so hang in there!

Is this possibly the most positive-minded person on our planet? I'm going to miss his "aw shucks" boy-next-door attitude. I found him refreshing. He even befriended the support staff behind-the-scenes of "Dancing With The Stars!" To thank all the people who make, sew and design the costumes, he took them all out to dinner along with their families!

Well, I didn't watch the elimination show and I'm sorry to see Steve go. I enjoyed him. He was super-positive, but it seemed very sincere to me. Someone else making the kind of statements he made might seem forced and not genuine, but I didn't get that feeling from him.

Did you know that some people are disgusted that he danced the tango, (or man-go if you prefer) with Anna's husband? There are people out there who think it was gross and have vowed to never watch the show again. Isn't that hilarious? I wish I had seen it, and will probably watch in on youtube. But I can't believe it was anything but clear that they were just having fun. After all, he did learn most of the dance from Jonathan, because Anna was ill, right?

For cryin' out loud -- some people need to lighten up!

Dancing with the Stars: Will Shannon