The Real Housewives Of Nyc

FLYNWA

I caught a sneek preview of this show on Bravo!

For some reason I just cant stand these women. Not one of them is likeable.

They all seem like pretentious snots. They all seem coniving. They seem to always be looking at how can they get ahead in their "close circle "

And not one of them I think is attractive.

Especially the one who has the French nanny and she and her husband never shop alone and never summer in the Hamptons...because the husband (who after telling his wife what purse to pick out with her ugly outfits she thought was "art" -- you can throw a bunch of sh!t on canvas and call it art too--the hubby is def gay!-- believe me as a gay man i can spot em easy!) because the hamptons is too much like work! then the stupid git said -- give me a kiss -- to her after spending a horrible amount of money on wearable "art"! What an A hole...he said it as if ...hey give me a kiss or else i can march back in the store and return all the "art" i just bought you!

I wanted to throw up at these horrible people.

On the other hand i really like the Housewives of Orange County....

Oh and get this.....the one is saying how tough her life is because she cant decide what event or show to go to that she has been invited to ...oh what one will i get more exposure at?

and dont even let me get started on the count and countess....whew i had to really spell those out carefully because i wanted to type out something that sounds the same but spelled a bit different.

....ok retrackting the claws now

I think your assessment is right on FLYNWA... I watched about 6 min. of it... lost my dinner and then changed the channel. :lol:

Wasn't one of those ladies on another reality show? I think it was Martha Stewart's version of the apprentice. The dark haired one-- Bethanny? I'm not even sure if she's one of the women on the show, but I saw her on a clip and knew she reminded me of someone. It took me awhile to figure out who. If it's not her, it sure looked like her. She's either on the show, or on someone's personal staff. Dunno......

Yup-- I do believe it's her. Her name is Bethenny, and that is an unique enough name. I saw the preview today, and she is some kind of cook. She said she wanted to be like a 'healthy Martha Stewart'.

I don't expect many to remember her. I think I was the only one who watched that show through to the end, and even I don't remember who won.

I saw part of Bethanny, whose boyfriend didn't seem to want to move in together. I saw the countess chick, and then that creepy one who is always with her husband -- who seems quite gay to me.

I don't know -- I don't think these women will have any of the likability, or whatever you call it, that the Orange County ladies did. At least they could have fun.

The New York women seemed a little uptight -- as Roseanne would say -- you couldn't pull a needle out of their butts with a tractor.

• 1 month later...

OMG

these women!!!! i wonder if they are embarrassed when they watch themsleves on this show!

The one couple who are joined at the hip make me the most sick to my stomach.

The hubby is obviously GAY . even her friends tell her! They are soooo pretentios and i cant even imagine how their children are going to turn out!

I like how the other people are on to them though...with comments like ...they seem a bit desperate etc. They pick their freinds and only make new ones if they only are higher on the who's who ladder than the friends they already have.....and i am sure its not many.

The sole reason they seemed to like Jill is because she has connections that can get their precious Francoise into a private school....and then I did like how Jill told them they needed to think of a nick name for Francoise otherwise he will be eaten alive by the other brats at the school.

And if she could only look in the mirror and see her tombstone like teeth...he chick with all the money you and your gay hubby spent on clothes you would think you could do something with those chompers.

and the hubby ....can you say dermabrasion!!! he must have picked a lot of zits in his youth as his face looks like the moons surface.

these people just make me sick!

I think the one with the potential 'child star' daughter might be the worst. Ramona???

Not sure her daughter really wants any of these parts she's auditioning for. It seems like they ought to be on that other awful show 'I know my child's a star', or something like that. I've only seen bits of that one, but there are some crazy parents out there - for sure.

Her daughter didn't want to miss school. Good for her -- she's takes her school work seriously. Maybe she has more in mind for her future than being a 'star'.

I loved the 'tombstone teeth' reference! I don't normally nit-pick about such superficial things on people, but since appearances mean more to these people than ANYTHING -- I would think they might take a little more care and fix some obvious and fixable flaws.

This show is still not as fun as 'Orange County', but these two are the only two I find completely unlikable.

I like Bethany, but I'm not sure how she qualifies as a housewife, since she's not married and doesn't have kids. Her boyfriend has kids maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

OMG

the more i see these women the less and less i like them.

The only one i kind of like is Bethany although she is a total alkie! I guess you would have

to be drunk to hang around this crew.

Bethany's boyfriend..baldy...is a total douche. He seems so mean to her all the time

i hear that he got fired from his company..and he was the president of it...because he

appeared on the show..the board of directors must have seen what a douchebag he

was and pulled a Donald Trump...your fired on him!

still hate the one married couple where the hubby looks like a reject from the pirates of

penzance. You just know he keeps his wife on such a tight leash because she might actually

meet a heterosexual man who knows even higher circles of people than him and she will

dump his butt too.

but you know i am watching this unlikeable show just because i like ...likeing them less and less the more i see of it.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I saw the reunion on Bravo!

These girls seem to hate each other more than being friends.

Bethany absolutley hates hate hates alex and simon.

Jill hates Ramona--even though they say they dont.

It was great watching this train wreck.

I can say i did end up liking Bethany the most with the countess following up second.

Even Simon --of course-- was there with Alex. They tried to say how they were portrayed

by editing...i love Bethany..she said -- look i have been on other reality shows and i am sick

of people saying its the editing..if it comes out of your mouth then own up to it. I mean just

admit that you are status hungry and get over it.

Love it!

Oh, I haven't caught the reunion show yet. I wonder if they are still showing it.

Good for Bethany. She's a straight shooter. It has bugged me all season who Jill reminds me of -- but I've finally figured it out -- it's Joy Behar (sp?) from 'the View'. It's their voices and accent.

Do you think they'll ever do a season 2 of the NYC housewives? Is there another season of Orange County in the works?

• 9 months later...

They are back and with a vengeance!

Still love Bethany! Jill is likeable to this season so far. I Like the fact that she is doing some good with her charity work.

The countess is back and as proper as ever.

The new girl Kelly seems nice and was once married to the famous photographer Bilgen Simone!

Ramona is back as well with those eyes!!!!!!

And of course Simon and Alex

On Thursday, February 19th, Reality Check Radio will be airing a new interview with Bethenny Frankel. She discusses her experience on the show, shares her opinion on other cast members, and gives insight to the new upcoming season.

The show begins at 11pm EST/ 8pm PST.

Listeners can find Reality Check Radio online at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Reality_Check...ity-Check-Radio

If you can't listen live, the interview will continue to be available on the show's main site located at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Reality_Check

• 3 weeks later...

Simon and Alex

ewwwww what social climbers.

Their children are just as obnoxious as the parents! Those poor kids didnt stand a chance as soon as Alex popped them out.

And to see Simon in his little speedo is enough to make anyone barf....then to see him and his freckled pasty body draped only in a towel for his massage.

They are both just sooo gross.

• 2 weeks later...

I really dont understand why Simon and Alex and their horrible little children...poor kids never stood a chance with them as parents.

are on this show. their house is not all that and they drive a bmw ....they dont seem as rich as the others.

Those two just give me the creeps and to think they met online when they were both looking for a one night stand....ewwwwww

ugh!!! I really can not stand Kelli. She doesn't "loan" her name to any charity. How selfish. I like how when LuAnn was talking about helping out Jill's charity she said, "I don't have any time for my charities" and later when LuAnn asked her what her charties were she said she didn't have any.

Yeah, I have never even heard of her until this show. Does anyone else think that she has spent WAYYYYYY too much time in the sun? She could REALLY use some Januvia (sp?) for those lines around her face. They should make her their spoksperson - oh wait, she doesn't let anyone use her name.

and i think she is a control freak.

I think she is that way because she made her daughter put on a sweater in the middle of summer...even LuAnne said-- dont you think its too hot? Kellie just ignored her and told her daughter to --put it on--!

Then she kept telling her daughter Sea to sit up straight ...she said it to her like 3 times and the young girl seemed to be sitting up straight to me. I saying even if she wasnt they were sitting at a stupid kitchen counter.

Kellie is defintetly a freak..i mean anyone who has a full life sized ceramic horse in their living room has issues.

Ok, on the sweater thing. It made me think that maybe she abuses the girls and the sweaters were there to hid the bruises. Very common for abused people to be wearing long sleeves at inappropriate times. I'm not saying that was the reason she had her put on the sweater but that is what my mind jumped to.

I think it was just an appearance thing --- but I also think having a mom like that, who is so caught up in appearances, there is probably a good chance of some kind of abuse. She probably has her daughters watching their 'figures', even though they don't have them yet. And not in a way where you just provide healthy choices for the kids -- I think with someone like Kelly, nutrition is not as important as calories.

I think she has a very harsh look -- yes, way too much sun or fake baking. I don't think it's a spray tan with her. She's looking a little dried up and leathery. I think she looks kind of manly also- like a man who's had a sex change.

She just seems weird to me. Nothing likable, or friendly about her really.

I am going to have to watch this episode again though, to catch all that went on during the charity meeting, and also, the Ramona /Simon smack down. He gives me the skeevies, but he's my favorite housewife, just because the show would not be the same without him.

You know I have to say that Simon does not creep me out as much this season. Alex still does though. It is like she is trying too hard to be prim and proper. I love how they portray them as not as high up on the social ladder as the rest like when they show Ramona and her husbnand by their big pool in the Hamptons and Simon and Alex in their blow up pool in the city! Or how their designer was in Brooklyn while the rest are in NYC.

I find most things about them funny. It's not like I want to be friends with them --- goodness knows I am not important enough! But I think those parallels are hilarious. I find their pretentiousness fun also. And that's what they add to the show-- fun. Unless you let them get to you, and you start to take them seriously, then I don't think I could stomach watching.

The only thing that I really don't like to watch, concerning these two, is when Simon starts telling Alex she's hot. Something so stupid, like Alex says 'is it hot in here or is it just me?", so squicky Simon says 'Oh my dear, it's you ...'. They are too corny and fake when they're doing that. Like Simon is thinking 'People think I'm gay, so now I will comment on how attractive I find my wife--- ha! showed them!'

I love this show! With all the New York Accents!

I love everything New York escally the voices!

This show brings me happness, and its not only

because of there voices! It's a well done show

it is one of my favoirte shows on tv other than Hells

Kictchen,the nanny,and the Amazing Race.

'Real Housewives' countess separates from countMarch 31, 2009, 11:51 AM ESTNEW YORK (AP) -- The Countess is Count-less.

Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, one of the society ladies on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of New York," has separated from Count de Lesseps after 16 years of marriage. Her husband is a Frenchman whose ancestor presented the Statue of Liberty to the United States.

The reality star's publicist, Elizabeth Rosenthal, issued a statement Tuesday saying the couple "plan to remain friends and their primary focus will be to do what is best for their two children."

Rosenthal declined to comment on reports the breakup came after the former model learned The Count, Alex de Lesseps, was having a relationship with another woman.

But the Countess will keep her title, says Rosenthal. Her etiquette book, "Class With the Countess," arrives April 16.