28th Annual Razzie Awards

TV_Paige

ap_100.jpg

28th Annual Razzie Award Nominations

by David Germain

iknowwhokilledme240.jpg

Lindsay Lohan a dual role in 'I Know Who Killed Me'

LOS ANGELES, California -- Advice for actors looking to get nominated for worst performance: multiple roles help. Lindsay Lohan and Eddie Murphy scored multiple nominations Monday for the Razzies, which sort out the worst that Hollywood dredged up the previous year.

Lohan's thriller, "I Know Who Killed Me," in which she plays two characters who may or may not be the same person, received a leading nine Razzie nominations, among them Worst Picture of 2007.

Murphy's "Norbit," released amid a film-honors season that earned Murphy an Academy Awards nomination for "Dreamgirls" last year, received eight Razzie nominations, five of them for Murphy alone, more than anyone has ever gotten in a single year.

norbit.jpg

Eddie Murphy in the dual roles of Rasputia and Norbit in 'Norbit'

Besides worst picture, "Norbit" had nominations for Murphy as Worst Actor in the title role, Supporting Actress as Norbit's beefy wife, Supporting Actor as an Asian man and Worst Screen Couple for Norbit opposite either of Murphy's other characters. Murphy also shared a Screenplay nomination for co-writing "Norbit."

"We decided that each of his characters was so offensive that he deserved individual nominations," said Razzies Founder John Wilson. According to Wilson, Murphy's closest competition for Worst Screen Couple is Lohan in "I Know Who Killed Me," in which she plays a small-town girl abducted by a psychopath and an alter-ego, a stripper who's missing body parts.

Lohan's movie played like a cross between the torture tale "Hostel" and "The Patty Duke Show," Wilson said. For Worst Actress, Lohan polled more heavily than any actor since Sofia Coppola in "The Godfather Part III," Wilson said.

Bratz_Movie.jpg

'Bratz: The Movie' young co-stars include (L-R) Nathalia Ramos

as Yasmin, Janel Parrish as Jade, Logan Browning as Sasha and

Skyler Shaye as Cloe

"'I Know Who Killed Me' is the most fabulously brainless movie since 'Showgirls,'" which Razzie voters picked as the worst movie of the 1990s, Wilson said. "By the end of it, you still don't know what happened. Are they twins or aren't they? Did she imagine it? Can I please have my hour and 50 minutes back?"

The other Worst Picture nominees were "Bratz," a live-action take on the cartoon about four chic young girls; "Daddy Day Camp," with Cuba Gooding Jr. starring in a sequel to Murphy's "Daddy Day Care" and "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry," Adam Sandler and Kevin James' comedy about firefighters posing as a gay couple.

Sandler and Gooding joined Murphy in the Worst Actor category, along with Nicolas Cage for "Ghost Rider" and Jim Carrey for "The Number 23."

Lohan was cited twice as Worst Actress for "I Know Who Killed Me," while the four "Bratz" stars

Razzie_Logo_color135.jpg

28th Annual Razzie Awards

(winners or should I say 'losers' will be highlighted in red)

razzies.jpg

Worst Picture

"Bratz"

[studio: Lionsgate]

"Daddy Day Camp"

[studio: Sony/Tri-Star/Revolution]

"I Know Who Killed Me"

[studio: Sony/Tri-Star]

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry"

[studio: Universal]

"Norbit"

[studio: Dreamworks]

Worst Actor

Nicholas Cage

"Ghost Rider," "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" and "Next"

Jim Carrey

"The Number 23"

Cuba Gooding, Jr.

"Daddy Day Camp" and "Norbit"

Eddie Murphy

"Norbit"

Adam Sandler

Worst Actress

Jessica Alba

"Awake," "Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer" and "Good Luck Chuck"

Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos and Skyler Shaye

"Bratz"

Elisha Cuthbert

"Captivity"

Diane Keaton

"Because I Said So"

Lindsay Lohan [as Aubrey]

"I Know Who Killed Me"

[double nomination for each role she played]

Lindsay Lohan [as Dakota]

"I Know Who Killed Me"

[double nomination for each role she played]

Worst Supporting Actor

Orlando Bloom

"Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End"

aka

"Pirates of the Carob-bean - At Wit's End"

Kevin James

Eddie Murphy

"Norbit"

[as Mr. Wong]

Rob Schneider

Jon Voight

"Bratz," "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets," "September Dawn" and "Transformers"

Worst Supporting Actress

Jessica Biel

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" and "Next"

Carmen Electra

"Epic Movie"

Eddie Murphy

"Norbit"

[as Rasputia]

Julia Ormond

"I Know Who Killed Me"

Nicolette Sheridan

"Code Name - The Cleaner"

Worst Screen Couple

Jessica Alba and EITHER

Hayden Christensen in "Awake"

OR

Dane Cook in "Good Luck Chuck"

OR

Ioan Gruffudd in "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer"

Any Combination of Two Totally Air-Headed Characters

"Bratz"

Lindsay Lohan [as Aubrey]

and

Lindsay Lohan [as Dakota]

"I Know Who Killed Me"

Eddie Murphy [as Norbit] and EITHER

Eddie Murphy [as Mr. Wong]

OR

Eddie Murphy [as Rasputia]

"Norbit"

Adam Sandler and EITHER

Kevin James OR Jessica Biel

Worst Remake or Rip-Off

"Are We Done Yet?"

[Remake/Rip-Off of "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"]

"Bratz"

[A Rip-Off If Ever There Was One!]

"Epic Movie"

[Rip-Off of Every Movie It Rips Off]

"I Know Who Killed Me"

[Rip-Off of "Hostel," "Saw" and "The Patty Duke Show"

"Who's Your Caddy?"

[Rip-Off of "Caddy Shack"]

Worst Prequel or Sequel

"Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem"

"Daddy Day Camp"

"Evan Almighty"

"Hannibal Rising"

"Hostel - Part II"

Worst Director

Dennis Dugan

Roland Joffe

"Captivity"

Brian Robbins

"Norbit"

Fred Savage

"Daddy Day Camp"

Chris Siverston

"I Know Who Killed Me"

Worst Screenplay

"Daddy Day Camp"

Screenplay by Geoff Rodkey and David J. Stem & David N. Weiss

"Epic Movie"

Written by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer

"I Know Who Killed Me"

Written by Jeffrey Hammond

Screenplay by Barry Fanaro and Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor

"Norbit"

Screenplay by Eddie Murphy & Charles Murphy

and

Jay Sherick & David Ronn

Worst Excuse for A Horror Movie

(New Category)

"Alien vs. Predator: Requiem"

"Captivity"

"Hannibal Rising"

"Hostel: Part II"

"I Know Who Killed Me"

logo2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Reuters100x26.jpg

Razzies' Odd Couple: Lohan and Murphy

Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Bill Trott

razzie200.jpg

2007 Worst Actors: Lindsay Lohan and Eddie Murphy

Eddie Murphy and Lindsay Lohan were named the Worst Actors of 2007 at the Golden Raspberry Awards on for two movies that dominated the mock awards created to spoof the Oscars. For their lack of acting prowess, the veteran comic and the young actress with the hard-living reputation each won three gold spray-painted Razzie Trophies.

The dreaded Razzie Trophy, valued at a whopping $4.89, are presented by the Golden Raspberry Foundation, which announced its winners one day before the sometimes pompous Academy Awards presentation ceremony.

Murphy, who starred in the critically savaged comedy "Norbit," set a record by winning three of the four Worst Acting categories. Still, moviegoers turned out for the film, which took in $158 million at worldwide box offices based mostly on Murphy's popularity.

Lohan won two Worst Actress awards for playing twins in "I Know Who Killed Me," a film that was named Worst of the Year. She also won Worst Screen Couple for a scene in which she appears opposite herself in the tale about psychically linked siblings stalked by a serial killer.

"I Know Who Killed Me," a major box office flop with $9 million worldwide, won eight of nine Raspberries for which it was nominated, breaking a record of seven wins previously held by "Showgirls" and "Battlefield Earth."

Lohan was in and out of rehabilitation programs last year and acknowledged last month that she had fallen off the wagon at a New Year's Eve party. In November, she served 84 minutes in jail for drunken driving and cocaine possession charges.

Murphy won the Worst Actor award for playing the hapless hero of "Norbit." He had several parts in the movie and also won Worst Supporting Actor and Actress Raspberries for roles as a Chinese man and Norbit's screaming overweight wife.

The comic actor earned an Oscar nomination for his dramatic turn as a troubled soul singer in 2006 musical, "Dreamgirls" and some critics said the widespread distaste for "Norbit" -- which hit theaters only weeks before the Oscar ceremony -- cost him support for those prestigious awards.

Like Lohan, Murphy's personal life also made headlines last year when he acknowledged fathering a child out of wedlock with Spice Girls Singer Melanie Brown. In January of this year, Murphy and his new wife, Tracey Edmonds, split just two weeks after getting married in French Polynesia.

Few Razzies 'winners' show up to the awards, which are open to the public, although actress Halle Berry did make an appearance in 2005 and sent herself up with a tearful acceptance speech when named Worst Actress for "Catwoman."

28th Annual Razzie Award Winners

Worst Picture

"I Know Who Killed Me"

Worst Actor

Eddie Murphy in "Norbit"

Worst Actress (tie)

Lindsay Lohan as twin sisters Aubrey and Dakota in "I Know Who Killed Me"

Worst Supporting Actress

Eddie Murphy in "Norbit"

Worst Supporting Actor

Eddie Murphy in "Norbit"

Worst Screen Couple