Jennifer Aniston

Jem

Anniston 'Tunes Out' Bad Rumors

Entertainment - AP Gossip/Celebrity

NEW YORK - Jennifer Aniston says she's been able to "tune out" the "tough and the nasty" headlines and rumors surrounding her separation from Brad Pitt. "There is always going to be the tough and the nasty. You just tune out to that," said Aniston in an interview on "Access Hollywood" to air Monday. Excerpts were released in advance.

Aniston and Pitt, who were married on July 29, 2000, announced their separation in January, after months of tabloid speculation that their marriage was in trouble.

The 36-year-old actress said that despite being on the receiving end of some negative headlines over the past year, she feels the public is rooting for her. "There has been so much love and support," said Aniston, who starred in NBC's "Friends." "It feels real good."

Aniston also said she doesn't feel like she's made the full transition from television to film actress. "I feel like I have got one good foot in there, and we will see if they still want to have me back," she said. "I've just got to keep making good movies."

Her screen credits include "The Good Girl," "Bruce Almighty," "Along Came Polly" and the upcoming "Derailed," with Clive Owen.

Jennifer Aniston Laughs at Irony of 'Breakup' Film

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Aniston's next movie is called "The Breakup," but she gave no details about her own personal life in her first interview since her highly publicized split from actor-husband Brad Pitt in January. "There is always going to be the tough and the nasty," Aniston told syndicated TV show "Access Hollywood," referring to rumors and tabloid reports surrounding the Hollywood couple's surprise separation. "You just tune out to that."

Neither the former "Friends" star nor Pitt have spoken publicly about their decision in January to part company after 4 1/2 years of marriage. But their silence has done nothing to quell weekly speculation in gossip columns, ranging from tales of a happy reunion to an affair between Pitt and actress Angelina Jolie. Both Pitt and Jolie have denied any romance between them.

Aniston, 36, has been variously reported to be reluctant to have children with Pitt or unwilling to set aside her high-profile career for a quieter, less public life. But she told "Access Hollywood" that despite being on the receiving end of some negative publicity, she still feels the public is rooting for her. "There has been so much love and support. It feels really good," she said.

Aniston laughed off the irony of her next movie being a romantic comedy titled "The Breakup," about a couple separating. "Well, you know," she said, "I just figured, seize the moment." Although she has starred in big-screen comedies "Along Came Polly" and "Bruce Almighty," Aniston said she felt she had yet to complete the transition from TV to film. "I feel like I have got one good foot in there, and we will see if they still want to have me back," she said.

• 2 weeks later...

Brad Tells Jen, Keep the House

When Jennifer Aniston filed for divorce from Brad Pitt last week, it was clear she wanted her space. And she's apparently going to get it -- 12,000 square feet of it.

People reports the actress will get custody of their palatial Beverly Hills mansion, which they spent two years -- and truckloads of cash -- renovating. Brad was said to be this close to selling the digs, which they paid $13.5 million for in 2001, but changed his mind when Jen expressed a desire to keep it. "He doesn't want to make her unhappy," says the mag. "He'll leave it off the market and in her hands."

It's a wee bit surprising that Aniston has opted not to move on, especially given the memories the six-bedroom, French-Normandy-style abode holds. Not only is there the nursery (dubbed The Room) that the former golden couple built but never used, but the master bathroom features travertine marble Pitt imported -- with love -- from a Roman mine. "The bathroom was the first thing in the house I worked on at the time when Jen and I were really hooking up strong," he admitted to W in 2001. "Things are on your mind ... and I guess I had a dirty mind at the time."

The home was also the site of Jennifer's star-studded 36th birthday party last month, tossed by her amicably estranged hubby.

Still, there's plenty to recommend the place, including extensive private grounds, a screening room, wine cellar, tennis court, pool and gym.

Aniston, says People, will soon have a little down time after back-to-back-to-back projects, and has rented a pad in Malibu near pal Courteney Cox, with whom she was recently spotted house-hunting.

Pitt, meanwhile, reportedly has his eye on a summer rental further up the coast. The mag says the A-lister, who's been doing reshoots and publicity with Angelina "Don't Blame Me" Jolie for their upcoming spy thriller "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," may also be heading to South Africa and Ethiopia in the near future to do humanitarian work.

No word on where Pitt will eventually put down roots (the soon-to-be ex-couple owns several other properties, including a Santa Barbara compound that has also undergone extensive renovations), but given his well-known love of architecture, expect his new bachelor pad to have history, elegance and a really big yard. "I feel a little closed off from the world," Pitt told Ashton Kutcher in the April issue of Interview. "I want to sit on my front lawn and watch traffic go by."

Guest XandraSkye
I'm still in shock that they are getting divorced. I feel like they are my friends and I keep hoping for a reconcilization.

Jennifer Aniston's Latest Role

By Sarah Hall

Jennifer Aniston was there for her ex-Friends costar, Courteney Cox.

The soon-to-be former Mrs. Pitt joined Cox and her husband, David Arquette, in Birmingham, Alabama, for the baptism of their 10-month-old daughter, Coco, on Saturday.

Aniston was named one of the baby's godmothers during the ceremony, which took place at St. Stephen's Episcopal with about 110 family members and friends in the congregation.

The Reverend Doug Carpenter, who married Cox and Arquette in San Francisco in 1999, officiated over the baptism and deemed it a "wonderful gathering." "There were no cameras during the ceremony, but afterward, everyone wanted their pictures taken with the stars," Carpenter told the Associated Press.

Guest XandraSkye
*Sigh* Hearing anything about Brad and Jen puts me in a funk. I was sad when Tom and Nicole broke up but this relationship ending is really hitting me hard. As silly as it is considering I don't really know these people.

Guest XandraSkye

I would love to know the real reason behind their break-up. I think he cheated and Jennifer seems like the type of person to take that very seriously and would be unforgiving about it. Or maybe I'm just confusing her with her alter ego, Rachel, who could never forgive Ross for sleeping with the copy girl, even though they were "on a break".

Off topic: I always sided with Ross on that one. The way I saw it, Rachel basically broke up with him. But Ross was no angel either...he was way too jealous over the Mark thing. Phew ~ I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks guys! :wink:

I would love to know the truth too, I actually think its because Brad wanted a baby so badly and Jen has said that her career is coming first right now. For some reason I dont think Brad cheated, but then what do I know? lol.

I have to disagree with the whole we were on a break thing though :lol: I always sided with Rachel, because even though they were 'on a break' if you care about someone as much as Ross did with Rachel he sould not want to hop in the sack with someone else (the same night no less). And your right Ross was too jealous with the Mark thing. Gee that was a great show, I miss it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GaYToR

I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't heard of a case of anything on any postings on the internet being in litigation. NONE. People threaten it all the time, but come on, that would make big news. (But correct me if I am wrong and show me the case.)

What about all the fakes of celeb nudes out there? If anything, those would be cause for litigationn. Just because a celebrity (or anyone else) doesn't want a picture shared, it's not slander or liable to share it, just bad taste. It's not invasion of privacy because they not only allowed it to be taken but shared it with someone else.

If anyone is guilty of anything it's Courtney and David for choosing friends that can't be trusted.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name