Joel Anderson

Dade

joel_l.jpg

THE ROOKIES: JOEL ANDERSON

HOMETOWN: Avondale, Ariz.

JOEL SAYS: ''Bottom line, I'm here for my family. If I just wanted to go on vacation and hang out on the beach, I'd take my family with me.''

JEFF PROBST SAYS: ''Joel is the one guy who might be able to give James [Clement, the returning Favorite from Survivor: China] a run for his money, because he is every bit as big as James. He's a fireman, he's a father and a husband, and when I met with him the thing that really struck me is how he does everything for his wife and his family. And I like that about him. He's a big, big guy, and these challenges start off physical right from the get-go. Sometimes being a physical threat works against you early; I think in Joel's case it's going to be advantageous.''

*Monty Brinton, EW.COM*

Bio

Joel Anderson is a firefighter for the city of Phoenix, Arizona. He assists in the treatment and transport of patients with medical emergencies and also helps fight fires. He has previously worked for a private ambulance company and has also taught. Anderson received a BA in human communications from Arizona State University.

Anderson's hobbies include training for his job, swimming and motorcycles. He runs and lifts weights regularly. His favorite sport is Olympic-style wrestling. He describes himself as driven, loyal and caring. He thinks his perseverance, self-confidence, heart, power, strength, endurance, work-ethic, intelligence, resourcefulness, EMS skills and positive attitude are all skills he possesses to do well on SURVIVOR.

Anderson has previously lived in Tempe, Arizona and Waukesha, Wisconsin. He is a member of the International Association of Firefighters, Local 493 and the United Phoenix Firefighters Association.

He and his wife, Jasmyn, currently reside in Avondale, Arizona, with their two sons, Kaden and Gavin. The have two labrador retrievers, Turbo and Thunder. His birth date is June 1, 1975.

*CBS*

He's HOT!!!! I think he could snap quite a few of the guys in half!!!! lol I hope Fairplay doesn't try and hump him, cos' Fairplay would have more than some missing teeth!!!! :lipsrsealed2::pixiedust:

But TCS, you have cats! Does that mean anything. You're willing to throw your entire life out the window for some bimbo guy.

And Marty, you have a dog or dogs right?

I can't believe you two are drooling over this guy. He is no where as cute as Jena Malone or Katie Holmes. :animated_bouncy:

Thanks Dade...I was wondering what those hands were???? Now that you said it was his kids' hand prints, that just makes me think he's even HOTTER! Yeah, erin I hope he doesn't turn into a$$ or something either. lol :pixiedust:

• 1 month later...

Finally, someone who claims they're a fan and actually has watched the show before. I've never understood why these love connections are not immediately severed. Joel definitely understands the potential threat of a 2 person voting block down the road. I loved that neither Mary nor Mike saw that coming. It was great.

• 3 weeks later...

No, he didn't deserve it but they're probably figuring that ANYONE of them could win against Chet so why not keep him around? It probably will bite them in the challenges though.

I'm still really glad this guy's gone I would rather see weak Chet around for a few more weeks than this guy who thinks that the game revolves around him - man I hate it when people think the whole universe revolve around them. I Could not stand it when he would not communicate with his team last night Your not playing individuals yet you still need team work you MUST communicate don't get mad because they don't understand you - try to communicate on a level that EVERYONE can understand - OK I'm done now.

The only thing I didn't like about Joel's exit was the smug look on Cirie's face.