So You Think You Can Dance

Dade

Courtesy of; ZAP2IT

FOX Opens 'Dance' Auditions

Are you the next Sabra Johnson?

December 19, 2007

30053692.jpg

Cat Deeley of 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Look, you don't have any new programming to watch on TV, so you might as well get in shape to prove to FOX that you think you can dance.

Auditions for the fourth installment of FOX's summer competition his "So You Think You Can Dance" will begin on Jan. 17, 2008 in Dallas.

While previous editions have only featured four audition cities, the field has been expanded to six locations, which is bound to be helpful for aspiring prancers in Charleston, South Carolina (Jan. 31) and Washington, D.C. (Feb. 21).

Auditions are also being held in Los Angeles (March 6), Milwaukee (March 20) and Salt Lake City (April 3). Specific locations have yet to be announced, so check out the show's FOX homepage before scouring the city.

Casting is open to people between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of the audition who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S., or possess a current legal visa allowing them to seek employment in the U.S. without restriction as to employer. It also helps if you can dance.

Last season's winner was Sabra Johnson, who took home the $250,000 cash prize.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

So You Think You Can Dance Fourth Season Schedule Announced

May 19, 2008 08:11:29 by Joe Reality

sytcd-4-premiere.jpg

With American Idol 7 coming to an end, FOX is wasting no time in launching another big reality TV hit series. The fourth season of So You Think You Can Dance will premiere on Thursday, May 22 from 8 PM to 10 PM ET/PT. The second part to the premiere will air on Wednesday, May 28 from 8 PM to 10 PM ET/PT on FOX.

So You Think You Can Dance is hosted by Cat Deeley, and the show features dancers competing in a variety of dance styles including hip-hop, salsa, disco, and jive. Judges for the show are Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy with rotating guest judges who will include top choreographers Mia Michaels, Napoleon D

:animated_bouncy: Wooo-hooo! I always hear great music on this show that doesn't show up mainstream for months!! One Repulic's song, Apologize was used last year and I looked for it on iTunes for a month or so until I finally gave up. Then suddenly it's on the radio!

I really like this show! :party_smilie:

The "popper" at the end was absolutely amazing-but kinda freaky too! It's hard to really label that as dance though and I'm wondering how far he'll really go in the competition.

Side note: Does the main female judge annoy anyone else besides me?

If the female judge is the same it was last year ( Mary McBig-mouth) then yes, she annoys me, and probably everyone who watches the show! I didn't see Thursday's show, but I know I'll watch. I not that big of a fan of the auditions. Well, I should say the bad auditions. I don't find them funny anymore -- guess I'm over it!

But I do like it when I can remember one of the final contestants first auditions. I don't start to watch religiously until they start narrowing the herd a bit.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: Los Angeles Auditions

Hi all. Welcome to what I'm sure will be another great season of So You Think You Can Dance. I'm on vacation in the Sunshine State right now, but I wanted to put something up so you could comment to your hearts delight. I must admit one thing right now: I'm not a huge fan of the audition shows. In years past I will admit to fast forwarding through most of the show and only pausing to watch the good dancers. I'll admit another thing: I think I've been selling these shows short. I felt like I got to know a little about the good (and bad) dancers and a whole lot more about our judges (that's jidges, if Cat's saying it. Love her). Quick question: Have Nigel, Mary, and Mia always laughed so unmercifully at the bad dancers? I felt kind of bad although I can't possibly imagine how I'd feel after sitting through hours and days of bad dancing. I might be a little punch drunk too. And let's bring me back on topic. I was surprisingly satisfied with tonight's show although I will allow it might just be excitement that the show has finally returned.

So for those of you out there that are newbies to this great little show each dancer gets one minute to impress the judges. From there Nigel and company decide whether or not the dancer is good enough to go straight through to Vegas, needs to stick around and prove themselves by learning choreography, or is so bad they're sent straight home.

Some of my favorites were Ricky and Asuka (ballroom), Robert (popper), Kherington (contemporary), Philip (popper), and William (contemporary). There were many, many bad dancers. I could name names but instead I'll just ask you the following questions:

So You Think You Can Dance Fourth Season Sponsors Announced

May 26, 2008 07:39:40 by Joe Reality

so-you-think-you-can-dance-logo300.gif

Just like American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance has a huge following, which means sponsors are lining up to be associated with the show. Fox Broadcasting Company, 19 Entertainment and Dick Clark Productions have just announced two official sponsors for So You Think You Can Dance 4.

The two official sponsors are Unilever

Mary Murphy has always annoyed me. The first 2 seasons she was part of the rotation of judges that appeared each week. Last season they made her a permanent judge along with Nigel. Only the one judging position will rotate.

I don't have a favorite dancer yet, but I was thrilled to bits to see Travis (season 2) and Dominic (season 3). I think Travis should have won over Benji and Dominic definitely has the best personality of all the dancers in all 3 past seasons combined. How can you not love that guy?

Ok...this just must be my totally weird and warped side coming out but I LOVE Mary. She just kills me...I get some great chuckles because of her and especially when that laugh comes out. :animated_rotfl:

Yup...it's ok...I can admit I am strange! :animated_shocking:

So You Think You Can Dance in Salt Lake City, Utah and Dallas, Texas

May 28, 2008 08:14:38 by DA Southern

so-you-think-you-can-dance-judges-300x26

So You Think You Can Dance was in Salt Lake City, Utah for the beginning of the next round of auditions to find the next great American dancer. Host, Cat Deeley, opened the show in snowy Salt Lake City saying that the inclement weather could not stop the scores of dancers waiting to audition as she headed into the auditorium to greet judges, Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy and new judge, Mandy Moore.

First up, and with a lengthy intro video showing her with her family, was Chelsie Hightower who danced flawlessly with her partner, wowed the judges, and was immediately given a golden ticket to Vegas. Next up was Brett Banford who had Down syndrome but was not put through to Vegas due to his inability to totally sync to the music. He did, however, truly inspire the entire audience, along with the judges, with his presence and terrific attitude.

Cat Deeley again trudged out into the snowstorm to see the growing line awaiting their shot at dance stardom. Poor Cat had a heck of a time in the snow and it looked as though there were just as may slip-ups in the auditorium. A contestant, Michael Moore, was spotlighted dancing with his family but failed to impress the judges to a great degree, but, was entertaining in defeat.

Gev Manoukian, a dancer who missed the cut two seasons back, was back at it again to see if he could get the approval from the judges for his golden ticket. He had obviously taken the time to improve because the judges sent him to choreography later in the day. Lindsey Judkins was next up to impress and looked like she was on her way to a spot in the choreography as lone holdout, Mandy Moore, thought her rather one-dimensional, which elicited quite a look from Nigel. Nigel then insisted that she would have no trouble in the choreography and immediately gave Lindsey a ticket to Vegas.

Cat Deeley, once again in the Utah snowfall, reported that at 3:00 PM the contestants were finally all in the auditorium awaiting their turn to dance. We saw a slew of contestants come and go from the stage not really knowing their fate, although we assume that not too many standouts were sent to Vegas.

We then saw the spotlight turned on several moms and couples who were auditioning. Stay-at-home mom to four kids, Nicole Downer, was featured as someone who hoped to be the next big-time dancer. As we watched her dance, we knew that she would probably be at home with her kids by nightfall

Other than BB, this is my FAVORITE reality show, even more than Idol or Survivor. I'm not crazy about watching the bad auditions but I love watching the dancing and the choreography!! And I love Mary Murphy as a judge! She helps to make the show. Last year when she said that Danny and Anya were on the Hot Tamale train and Nigel didn't know if it was good or bad, it cracked me up!

Looking forward to a great season!

So You Think You Can Dance: Charleston, SC and Washington, DC

May 29, 2008 08:14:45 by DA Southern

sytycd3.jpg

The So You Think You Can Dance judges head to one of the most glorious cities in America, Charleston, SC, for the next round of auditions. By the looks of it, Charleston had some great talent showing some incredible moves

So You Think You Can Dance: Final Auditions in Milwaukee, WI

June 4, 2008 09:12:05 by DA Southern

sytycd4.jpg

Poor Cat Deeley was freezing in the cold Midwestern air as she announced that the So You Think You Can Dance crew was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the final rounds of this year

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: Milwaukee Auditions

Let

So You Think You Can Dance: Vegas Heartaches and The Top 20

June 5, 2008 08:33:23 by DA Southern

so-you-think-you-can-dance-top-20.jpg

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of (dance) foolishness

I was glad to see Twitch made it this season. He makes my jaw hang slack while he is dancing his signature dance. I think he will be a quick learner.

There was another male--black-- who did a ballet move on a side kick out. Mia called him out on it. I thought that was interesting since he said he didn't have any training. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he had "street training", but not "professional training". Like maybe a friend of his was taking ballet, and he didn't want all of his "regular buds" to know about it. Of course, that is all speculation on my part.

Katee.... the big mouth that came with her roommate. I wonder if she deep-down, really knows what a great, caring gal her roommate is.

The other bigmouth... I agree with the panel voting against her because that mouth could possibly get opened too much during practices and would be a hinderance to her, the class, the teacher. Ultimately it would be disrespectful to all. She DOES need another year to practice zipping it.

Remember the gal that was dancing the man's part and the panel told her she did better than a man? Is she part of the top 20?

A comment about Nigel. He appears to be more relaxed with many more smiles. Does he actually look younger this year? Hmmm was it plastic surgery?

I would LOVE to see more of the panel's reactions while dancing is going on. Wouldn't it be mah-ve-lous if there was a strip below the dancer that would show the panel?

What an exhausting procedure it must be for those judges to sit through all of the tryouts. Particularly the folks "trying out" just because they might appear on television for a brief second or two. Course....... their salarys would make up for it!

WOW I was very impressed with Twitch just now. That was awesome!! Didnt know he had the Broadway stuff in him. :)

I'm impressed with this entire cast of contestants!! :animated_bouncy: I have to say my favorite dances last night was the one choreographed by Mia and the one set to the new song by Chris Brown and that Idol chick. WOW! Both of those blew me away!! However, the dress in the Mia dance did get in the way of the moves a little bit. ;)

Twitch will get buy on his personality and the familiarity factor. He's also paired with Kherington, another spotlighted dancer during the pre-competition rounds. We already know them pretty well and they already have a fan base. I predict they will be safe for a long, long time. The dancers who we never heard of until last night will fall into the bottom. But this is why I like how this show works. The judges will choose who goes home. So good dancers will not fall victim to the audience's pre-competition favorites. By the time the audience has complete control, we've had time to get to know all of them and the playing field is pretty even.