American Gladiators

Dade

The ultimate David & Goliath battle returns! Everyday American heroes - men and women who spend their lives working for others - pit themselves against the show's gladiators, a team of action stars and stunt professionals. Classic events such as The Joust, The Wall, Hang Tough and The Eliminator get a whole new twist for bigger thrills, bigger impact, and the biggest action show of the 21st century

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Twelve Gladiators Revealed For American Gladiators

Writing by Joe on Friday, 14 December, 2007 at 1:45 am

american-gladiator-gladiators.jpg

The twelve gladiators that will take part in the American Gladiators reality competition show have been revealed. The twelve gladiators will consist of six men and six women, and they will take on twenty-four competitors.

The new gladiators along with their NBC bios are listed below:

JUSTICE (Justice Smith) - Height: 6′8″ Weight: 290 - Tipping the scales at almost 300 pounds of power and with 20-inch guns at his disposal, Justice does indeed have a very long arm, and he

American Gladiators Contestants Announced

Writing by Joe on Friday, 21 December, 2007 at 1:16 am

american-gladiators-logo.thumbnail.jpg

Last week, Reality TV Magazine reported on the twelve gladiators that would be participating in the new American Gladiators. This week, we have news of the twenty-four contenders that will be facing off against the gladiators.

The twenty-four contenders will consist of twelve men and twelve women. The contenders will compete in three rounds of challenges. The final man and the final woman left standing will receive a $100,000 prize, as well as earning the privilege of becoming Gladiators next season.

The twenty-four male and female contenders will compete in three rounds of challenges where the final man and woman left standing will win a $100,000 top prize and will become Gladiators next season. The twenty-four contenders are Evan Dollard, Son Nguyen, Chad Knight, Jeff Keller, Anthony Abbatemarco, Adonis Lockett, Jeff Chapman, Sharaud Moore, Mark Baker, Adam Levin, Alex Rai, Molivann Duy, Toni Oppliger, ShaNay Norvell, Christie Philips, Jessie Foster, Christine Kim, Monica Carlson, Koya Webb, Kim Marciniak, Bonnie Blanco, Belinda Gavin, Jennifer Blum, and Siene Silva. The NBC bios for the contenders are listed below.

Evan Dollard is a 25-year-old retail manager from Chicago, Illinois. Dollard is an avid rock climber and very much an outdoor enthusiast (he teaches rock climbing as a hobby). He lost his mom to brain cancer a few years ago and he is especially close with his father and brother.

Son Nguyen is a 36-year-old fireman and father of three. Son

• 3 weeks later...

one of my favorite show of the past is nothing more than wwe 2.0 fake

^^^

that's EXACTLY what we thought. too much cheesy talk. I remember a lot of "bull crap" talking in the original, but they're taking it to a whole new level with this one. I can't believe it came on one of the popular channels in the time slot it did. It won't last.

I used to watch the original because my son was a huge fan. I remember really liking this show. But a couple things really irritated me. Too much talking (luckily I tivoed this and was able to just FF through the talkie parts). The other thing that bothered me was the feeling the winners were already decided before the show began. Koya had a huge lead in the eliminator and then can't make it up the travelator. She is inches from the top and falls...it just seemed so fake.

I thought it was okay. Hulk Hogan is such a sleeze and I could have done without him, but all in all, it was pretty good. However, there's something missing fromthe show when it's on primetime and not 3:00am or 11:am on Saturday.

wasn't there already a thread for this?

Anyway, for what it is, it's pretty good. If they would take out some of the scripted crap (and Hogan to boot) and just made it a pure physical show, it would be better.

Something about it being on primetime and not 3:00 am takes away a little bit of the fun. Does anyone remember this show used to be followed by GLOW and some roller derby-type show?

More Gladiators, Please!

Writing by Jennifer_Brown on Monday, 14 January, 2008 at 9:16 am

american-gladiators-courtesy-nbc.jpg

Photo Courtesy: NBC

Guess we just couldn

American Gladiators - Monica and Andy emerge victorious.

Writing by Rich on Tuesday, 15 January, 2008 at 12:17 am

demolition-balls-392x261.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of NBC

Welcome back to Reality TV Magazine! This action packed episode had Sharoud Moore [ School Teacher, 5

American Gladiators - Adonis bumped out of Final 8!

Writing by Rich on Monday, 21 January, 2008 at 10:57 pm

american-gladiators-wolf.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of NBC

Tonight

American Gladiators: Calling All Buff McStuds!

Writing by Jennifer_Brown on Thursday, 24 January, 2008 at 10:26 pm

american-gladiators-courtesy-nbc.jpg

Photo Courtesy: NBC

If you

American Gladiators - Alex Rai makes it into Final 8!

Writing by Rich on Tuesday, 29 January, 2008 at 8:21 am

american-gladiators-logo2.gif

Logo: Courtesy of NBC

The four competitors in tonight

American Gladiators - Evan and Shanay advance to the finals.

Writing by Rich on Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 at 12:14 am

american-gladiators-logo2.gif

Logo: Courtesy of NBC

Tonight

• 2 weeks later...

American Gladiators Winners Are Evan Dollard And Monica Carlson

Writing by Joe on Sunday, 17 February, 2008 at 7:17 pm

american-gladiators-winners.jpg

On the American Gladiators season finale, the final two male contenders and the final two female contenders squared off against the gladiatiors. The male winner of American Gladiators was Evan Dollard. Evan Dollard is twenty-five years old, lives in Chicago, and is a youth athletic instructor.

Evan Dollard defeated high school teacher and wrestling coach Alex Rai to claim the American Gladiators title. Evan also lost his mother to brain cancer a few years ago. After finishing first in the Eliminator to win the competition, Evan said

• 2 months later...

Meet the New American Gladiators!

May 6, 2008 07:25:52 by Jennifer_Brown

nbc-logo1.jpg

The folks at NBC are changin

American Gladiator: Season Premiere!

May 12, 2008 07:29:12 by Candace_Young

The season premiere of American Gladiators kicks off with Hulk Hogan declaring it to be the biggest, baddest competition on prime time television! The show begins with 40 determined competitors facing off against the Gladiators, who have three new members! There are new events, and the grueling Eliminator is even tougher than last season!

First up is construction worker Randee Haynes who dedicates his performance to his wife, and Jay Martinez a police officer and S.W.A.T. member! He claims to fear nothing! Jay and Randee head straight to the new event, Rocketball, where they will face Wolf and Toa. Contenders try to score in baskets high in the sky while the Gladiators try to stop them. With a howl from Wolf they

American Gladiators: The Women Bring It On!

May 19, 2008 08:49:26 by paulene_hinds

american-gladiators-logothumbnail.jpg

Tonight on American Gladiators two cops from Chicago and two cops from Denver compete!

On the second show of the season, friends turn to foes to compete for the money. The cops come out to bring the heat.

First up are Melvin Davis and David Moore from Chicago. They work together on the Police department. Melvin is a seasoned veteran and David calls him his mentor. David feels he is younger and stronger and confident he can win. Melvin says he is doing it for the older guys and that he is more seasoned.

The first event is Power ball. They have one minute to score points as the Gladiators try to crush them. The Gladiators are: Toa, Justice and Titan. The contenders throw their balls into the bin as they both get double teamed. The Gladiators continue to take the contenders down and the men end up each having one point. David jokes that he will roll Melvin out in the chair when he wins and Melvin says he will give him his pacifier.

The two female contenders and best friends are Vicky Ferrari and Abbe Dorn they are from the same district in Denver. They are competitive and although Abbe is stronger physically Vicky feels she is more of a mental competitor.

It is a brand new event called Rocket Ball. The Gladiators are: Jet and Phoenix. They have to launch themselves toward the baskets and earn one point for each yellow and two for each red basket. The female contenders fly through the air and they converge at the same time. Both contenders get 2 points. In the end the tough cops get 11 points combined. The winner of this round is Abbe with 6 points and Vicki with 5.

The next men

I just don't understand Rocket Ball. Unless the Gladiators time their launch perfectly they cannot collide with the contestant before the contestant tosses the ball.

But i do like this show (back in the day and now), although i could do without the Hulkster. and someone better check "helga" for extra parts...just sayin'

American Gladiators: Brick