Episode 4.08: Meet Kevin Johnson (Michael-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.08: Title Unknown

Airdate: April 2008

11/18 - [Cynthia] Watros and [Harold] Perrineau will show up in Episode 8. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

11/18 - From Fiji to New York City, it's been a busy week for Lost. The production returned to Chapin Lane (which previously played Bangkok in a Jack flashback) and the area around Mark's Garage to recreate the Big Apple. Streets were lit up with the Christmas spirit, and people bundled up for the imaginary winter cold. The omnipresent green newsstand was also standing by. A narrow alley, a busy street, a New York Yellow Cab. What could possibly happen here? As it turns out, the "where" and "what" weren't the half of it. It's the "who" that's the real surprise. Over the course of the evening, I and another Lost fan who lived in the apartment building across the street spotted a veritable parade of familiar faces. Harold Perrineau seemed to be the center of attention, which is hardly a surprise since we've seen him in Manhattan. Indeed, his clean cut look suggests that this is a flashback. But who should he meet in a narrow alley, but one M.C. Gainey. And it's not a friendly encounter, either, involving a gun, and a fistfight. The sounds of the confrontation echo down Honolulu streets. Christmas lights are strung everywhere. Smoke machines blanket the ground with white fog. Lights and camera cranes are brought in, as older cars are fitted with New York plates. And what's this? A car crash? Source: Hawaii Blog

11/18 - Kewalo Basin, the small commercial harbor in Kaka'ako, was transformed into the Port of Suva, Fiji's largest port and gateway to its capital city. It was hard to miss the huge "PORT OF SUVA" signs added to the old Kewalo Shipyard building. The freighter Kahana was docked, and a thatched-roof pavilion and Fijian tour bus stood by. Is this Naomi's freighter? Even though she said the wreckage of Oceanic Flight 815 had been discovered in an ocean trench off Bali, the pilot had said he had turned back and was attempting to reach Fiji when the plane broke up over The Island. Or could it be another ship, and another time? Who ends up in Fiji, and when? All the answers will come in due time. But whoever is on board, I'm sure he'll make a splash. Source: Hawaii Blog

11/12 - Ryan from Hawaii Blog revealed: First, the setting was a port somewhere in the South Pacific, second was the presence of a huge Freighter. Could this be the freighter that brought the Minkowskites to the island? Let's not forget that the Oceanic 815 wreckage was also discovered somewhere in the South Pacific. Source: Lost Spoilers

11/11 - There is a mini-cliff-hanger at the end of Episode 8, but it's like the end of an exciting book chapter; it's not the end of the novel. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 1 month later...

Episode 4.08: Title Unknown (Michael-centric) [Last episode completed before the writers' strike]

Airdate: March 20, 2008

• 12/13 - Looking for actors from Tunisia for looping/voice over session. Must speak Fluent French. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 12/02 - Although Lost production has essentially wrapped for the year, cameras are still rolling here and there for mobisodes, pick-ups and reshoots.[...] I got an email from Brian and his friend Joel this morning. Here's what they saw: "They were shooting a bunch of scenes with Harold Perrineau coming out of a NYC apartment building, getting in a green car, reading some folded paper that he pulled out of his pocket, and speeding away in his car down the street." A brief scene, to be sure, but it obviously connects to the New York scene they filmed a few blocks away on Nov. 15. Note that the green Dodge Aspen that Michael was driving last night was also part of that earlier shoot, where I'd picked up talk of a car crash. I knew the car wasn't long for this world (thanks to the friend of a friend of a Dodge Aspen owner), but I didn't know until now that it was Michael behind the wheel. Source: Hawaii Blog

• 1 month later...

Episode 4.08: Meet Kevin Johnson (Michael-centric) [Last episode completed before the writers' strike]

• 01/30 - Andrew reveals: I worked as an extra on Lost for the 8th episode of the upcoming 4th season,and I can confirm that it is a Michael-centric episode that takes place between the time he left up until present time on the island. I was one of the extras in NY where Michael ends up and meets Tom. On the set there was a lot of talk about how Tom could be there and there were the theories of the Orchid going around. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 01/23 - The eight-episode run also holds the key to where traitorous Michael has been since last seen sailing off in the Others' boat with son Walt at the end of Season 2. Sources say Michael will prove to be integral to what is currently the season's cliff-hanger-esque Episode 8. Source: TV Guide

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 4.08: Meet Kevin Johnson (Michael-centric) [Last episode completed before the writers' strike]

• 02/29 - Sayid confronts Ben's spy on the freighter, and Ben urges daughter Alex to flee Locke's camp in order to survive an impending attack. Guest starring are Cynthia Watros as Libby, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Marsha Thomason as Naomi Dorrit, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Fisher Stevens as George Minkowski, Grant Bowler as Captain Gault, Jill Kuramoto as female anchor, Galyn Gorg as nurse, Starletta DuPois as mom, William P. Ogilivie as Gus, Francesco Simone as Arturo and James Locke as mechanic. Source: ABC

Promo photos from episode 4.08 "Meet Kevin Johnson"

Source: ABC

Meet the Captain...

meetkevinj3fs1.jpg

Sayid and Desmond in a holding cell?...

meetkevinj2gi2.jpg

and meet...Kevin Johnson?? (aka Michael?)...

meetkevinjohnsonvt3.jpg

Source: Watch with Kristin, EOnline

Where have you gone, Michael Dawson? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you... What's that you say, Kevin Johnson? Little Walt's left and gone away, hey hey hey? Next week: We learn where Michael's been all this time, and remaining Islanders pow-wow about what to do with the returning Quisling...

Sneak Peeks for "Meet Kevin Johnson":

well this gives us a definitive answer...if Ben is telling the truth, that is:

Sneak Peek 1

and this one answers a question I hadn't even thought of to ask! :blink:

Sneak peek 2

cool video

"possible" spoiler about who dies or next episode although could be very false:

On Lost website they have two sneak peaks for next week's episode that are different than the previews. One of them has Michael telling Sayid that he's "there to die." Why would Michael want to die? Is it b/c Walt is dead & gone forever (except the occasional Locke hallucination)? No clue, just thought I'd share.

• 03/17 - The current print edition of TV Guide (March 10-16) drops some spoilers regarding what's to come in Lost's late season: we may learn in the March 20 episode (4.08, Meet Kevin Johnson) whether Michael ever reached the mainland, if he's come back to rescue the other survivors, whether he went home. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
  • 03/12 - Walt does appear in episode eight, but 100-percent-trustworthy sources tell me that during his blink-of-an-eye appearance, "He is exactly the size that a nine-year-old should be." Source: Kristin on E!Online

According to TV UGO and Dark UFO, one of these three people will die in this episode:

Claire

Karl

Miles

Who do you think it will be? My guess is

Karl, as his storyline is going nowhere and I think they need to cut him loose from Alex.

I don't think it will be

Claire

because

it just seems too obvious with Kate having Aaron. I think there is going to be some sort of a twist with her character and she won't be dead...at least not yet, anyway.

I also don't think it will be

Miles

because

there is just too much character development with him that we haven't seen yet. It just doesn't make sense unless they give us some solid answers about him during the episode.

I actually wanted more from this break episode. Learning more about "kevin johnson" was also not interesting. I think it's odd that his son isn't talking to him b/c of what he did. That's just me though. The island being so strange should have been enough of a reason.

I read the below and became very curious to what the answer will be to who or what the two skeletons are from. Would be weird if it was Kate and Jack and some sort of time traveling reasoning.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Adam_and_Eve

* In an EW.com article, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse answered the fan question, "What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?"

CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the Island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in "Not in Portland", one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.

LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living

Interview With Blake Bashoff (Karl)

Source: EOnline, "Watch With Kristin"

bashoffblakero3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Episode Recap:"Meet Kevin Johnson"

Hi all! New guy Mickey O'Connor here (or Doc O'C, as Ausiello has taken to calling me

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name