The Tin Man Mini Series

Slowpoke

Anyone going to check this out on Sunday (9p.m. Eastern) SCI-FI channel ?

I caught a show this afternoon about the sets, costuming and special make-up effects.

Looked like it was worth checking out. Seemed pretty elaborate for a TV production.

Mods - if there's another thread for this show... please delete... AND PM me with where the

thread is... lol

The colors and scenery remind me of the mini-series Merlin from a few years back.

I've been pretty impressed with Sci-Fi's specials. They all looks really well done, even if the dialog or storylines are a bit lacking.

I've been thinking about watching this series too but, I play poker on Sunday nights. Let me know if it's any good. I can TiVo it if necessary. (Don't want to ruin one of my childhood favorites though... so it's got to be gooood for me to give it a go.)

Just watched the 1st segment.

In case you missed it... it looks like it'll be shown again before the 2nd segment tomorrow nite.

What did I think ? hmmmmmmm ?????

If they were going for campy - the actors didn't quite accomplish that in my opinion.

The sets, etc. so far live up to what was in the promos.....

but, I can't seem to get into the characters - - AND it was a 2 hour show.

Again... hmmmm ?

I expected more.

Oh, well......

Darnit...I missed it!! Stupid Steelers game :)

I'll try to watch it this evening. Although I HATE remakes/ covers of classics, I'm usually tolerant of "reinterpretations"

I never got that they were trying to go for camp as much as more character development. I guess I will find out this evening (hopefully). The cast, from what I can tell, is peppered with talented "fringe" actors. Neal McDonough and Alan Cumming are both two of my favorite unappreciated actors to date.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Tin Man

by Katie Bottner

Episode Recap: "Into the Storm"

"This isn't a nightmare. This is the O.Z.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Tin Man

by Katie Bottner

Episode Recap: "Search for the Emerald"

Hello my fellow Ozians, it

I think I have to watch this again, without breaks. I liked it, but I was left wanting, which seems to be Sci-Fi's MO.

I thought the whole re-working and sequel/sci-fi aspect of The Wizard Of Oz was a great idea. I loved the little references to the original, like Tutor/Toto. They didn't add too many of them -- just the right amount.

I usually like the actress who played DG a lot, but I thought she played it really flat most of the time, except when she was being wide-eyed and innocent. She was a little too old for the completely innocent thing, I thought. I was confused about the title being Tin Man, as well. I get that the miniseries focused a lot on him and his son and family, but I don't understand why it wasn't called "Back to Oz" or something like that. In the original movie, the Tin Man was always my least favorite character, so I wasn't interested in watching the miniseries at first. I thought it was just going to be about the Tin Man, and what happened to him after Dorothy went home, or something.

The ending was horrible. It was bad enough that the ending was just a sunrise, with the family watching it, and DG saying she was happy to be home. But then the Sci-Fi channel abruptly cut off all sound within a second of her saying the word "home," and started rolling the credits in a small window while they advertised the next show in the line up. Really, really bad way to end it, imo. I think a proper ending would have been DG returning to the Grey Gale, maybe with the little clay figures of the two sisters, then laying them down in front of Dorothy's tomb/door. Or, at the very least, they could have continued the show after she said the word "home," and maybe could have shown the family hugging or going for a hot-air balloon ride together, or something. Maybe, if there is a DVD of the show, they will have a longer ending?

I enjoyed it. The only problem I had with the whole thing was the abrupt ending. it almost seemed like the parents blew off Azkadelia even though she was back to her old self. She was a major character throughout the movie, and they stuck her on the other side of Dad at the end of the balcony. It just seemed like after watching it all those nights, it ended up rather blah.

I also wanted someone to put Glitch's brain back in his head.

Adapting it to Sci-Fi was a stretch to begin with.... someone really had

to dig deep to keep to the basic story line and not go tooo far overboard.

Sorry - but, I found the acting pretty poor.

Glitch was my fav by far.

I watched about 10 minutes of it......sorry couldn't get into it. I DVRed it. Maybe will try and watch later. One of my friends ranted and raved about it. I just didn't feel it. :pixiedust:

• 3 months later...

I really liked the series, too; however, I would have liked to have seen more of the story. I think because they were only allowed so much time, a lot was cut. Maybe there's a director's cut around somewhere.