The Osbournes

salter-path

The Osbournes concludes tonight 3/21

Three years and two weeks after helping to inaugurate a new reality TV subgenre, The Osbournes limps to a conclusion as MTV airs its 52nd and final episode tonight at 10:30 p.m. ET. That the end is nigh is difficult to believe, since the frequently bleeped clan has faked us out before. But this does appear to be it. Over the three years, the world took notice as we endured everything from injury to illness.

The first three seasons are now on DVD (season one, seasons two, season 2.5), although technically there are just three seasons total, including this final one, because there was a month break during the second season.

I watched this when it first started, season one a few episodes and haven't seen it since. Is it worth watching the final episode? Or is it still the same hard to understand speaking show it was, don't get me wrong I enjoyed some of it...loved the family pets..lol

Well if anyone has any idea how the show is these days let me know?

• 2 weeks later...

Sharon, Aimee Osbourne Pull Out of Play

LONDON (AP) - Sharon Osbourne and her daughter Aimee have withdrawn from performing in "The Vagina Monologues" because Aimee is ill, a spokeswoman said Friday. Aimee, 21, had been set to begin her run with her mother in the West End production of the show on Tuesday.

The spokeswoman, in a statement, said the family was flying to Los Angeles over the weekend so that Aimee could have "further treatment and rest." There were no details about her illness. "They were both very much looking forward to appearing in the show, but Sharon's focus now has to be on the family and, more importantly, Aimee's health," the spokeswoman said. Aimee was the only family member not to appear in the MTV reality show, "The Osbournes," that catapulted the family to fame.

Last week, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne had to flee their English country mansion after a fire broke out in the living room. The blaze was the latest in a series of domestic mishaps to befall the former Black Sabbath frontman and his wife.

Ozzy unsuccessfully tackled a thief as he raided the house and stole a large amount of jewelry last November. And in December 2003, Osbourne was in a coma for eight days after breaking his collarbone, several ribs and a neck vertebrae in a quadbike accident on the grounds of the home.