Could Writers Strike Mean Bb9 Starts In January???

JeepGirl

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Big Brother 9 may air in March, feature celebrities

One of the most visible effects of the film and TV writers

after much thought...

those writers need to get back to work. LOST needs them! BB can wait till July 2008. i am in no rush to see any special BB run.

many many shows are in need of those writers... chop chop strikers!!

A celebrity edition would make sense, since the actors wont have their own shows to work on anyway. What if they put 10 celebs in the BB house and then the strike ends two days later. Do they tell them? lol

But I agree that this situation needs to be resolved before it gets to that point or serial shows like Lost and 24 will end up completely absent from midseason.

A celebrity edition would totally suck! All I can imagine is they'd get the same type of low class has-beens that they get on The Surreal Life. Ugh!

The Biggest Loser did a few special edition shows and i never watched any of them. I'm traditional and like my Biggest Loser once a year and my summertime Big Brother.

Irregardless, March is WAY too right smack in the middle of Lost Season 4!!!!!! Oh my, i may have to take a leave of absence from work...

CBS may rely on its "Big Brother" as a strike contingency.

Skein, usually a summer staple, has started staffing up for an in-season run that could be on the air as soon as February, people familiar with the situation said. Indeed, in anticipation of a strike, Eye quietly began casting for the next edition of the show a few weeks ago.

Exec producer Allison Grodner is also said to be working on a new creative twist for the Julie Chen-hosted skein, in which a group of strangers lives together in a house for three months.

There's been buzz that the next edition of "Big Brother" might actually use celebrities as opposed to civilians. A long strike might work in favor of such a plan, since some celebs normally busy working on sitcoms and dramas might have some time on their hands.

Possibility of an early "Big Brother" popped up on Tuesday's edition of the Eye's "Early Show." Anchor Hanna Storm joked that the show might be back sooner than the summer, prompting a roll of the eyes from Chen. Chen then expressed her hope that the strike is settled soon.

"Big Brother" would be a perfect strike weapon for CBS since it airs three times a week, filling three key hours of primetime.

Eye execs declined comment.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797545...=1&nid=2562

Maybe with the strike, the Celeb Big Brother may actually have celebrities, not the normal L-listers they usually drum out for these things.

Heres the latest from TVGuide.com (and it doesnt look promising):

In related news, CBS is reportedly rushing into production an anomalous winter season of its summer staple Big Brother to fill the lineup. This one, buzz is, may have celebrities scheming against each other instead of regular folk. If you consider guys like Todd "Willis" Bridges and Lauren "Julie, Your Cruise Director" Tewes celebrities.

Someone please do whatever it takes to get those writers back to work.

I dont want a non summer BB, but if they do it, I will apply to be on it. No celebrities, no other realty TV stars.

Knowing my luck, I would be picked, win and it would totally suck. People would refer to it as the BB that ruined the show, the BB version of Amazing Race-Family Edition. It probably wouldnt even get its own number. It could be Big Brother: The Winter of replacements.

Archived