Episode 4.09/4.10 Crash Into Me, Part 1 & 2

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.09: Crash Into Me, Part 1

Airdate: November 22, 2007

• 11/03 - Jacob, the father of six kids, comes to the hospital because he has a piece of metal embedded in his leg which caused an infection. It turns out that Jacob was in the hospital the day before and was released after doctors told him everything was okay. Nick, a patient who suffers from a neck tumor and who got dumped because of it, flirts with the doctor treating him. Doctors also treat Mary, a woman who lost consciousness while driving. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 11/03 - Meredith and the Chief struggle to save paramedics injured in an ambulance crash; Bailey treats a patient who refuses her help; Ava (Elizabeth Reaser) returns to see Alex --- and meets his new girlfriend. Source: TV Guide Online

Episode 4.10: Crash Into Me, Part 2

Airdate: December 2007/January 2008

See spoilers for episode 4.09.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.09: Crash Into Me, Part 1

Airdate: November 22, 2007

• 11/05 - An ambulance crash endangers the lives of the paramedics involved, as Meredith and the Chief work on-site to save them, Bailey treats a patient who refuses her help, and Ava returns for Alex and meets his other girlfriend in the process. Source: ABC

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Grey's Anatomy

by Erin Lulevitch

Loose Ends

Hi, everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying some time off this week...

ABC treated us to a brand new episode of Grey's Anatomy last night and I still need to catch up on the latest drama at Seattle Grace. So, feel free to post your thoughts here and I'll be sure to write up a full recap soon.

Episode Recap: Crash Into You (Part One)

Sorry for the delay, everyone! I wish I could have watched this episode sooner, but better late than never. So, let's get to recapping...

Watching Cristina "dance it out" at the start of this episode was priceless! Mer, on the other hand, probably won't be joining the cast of Dancing With the Stars anytime soon. It was almost like watching Elaine dance on Seinfeld, but I guess that's beside the point. In between her moves, I was glad to hear Mer finally say that she didn't want Derek seeing other people. Unfortunately, when the moment came for her to tell him, she chickened out and walked away. Oh, well. Judging from the previews, it looks like next week she'll finally work up enough nerve to let him know.

I'm also starting to feel really bad for Izzie, who every week looks more and more like a third wheel around Cristina and Meredith. It's obvious that the latter two have a special bond, but it seems like Izzie could really use her girlfriends right now and neither of them seem to be there for her. I know, Izzie broke up a marriage, but it wasn't entirely her fault! I guess I'd just like to see Mer and Cristina rally around her, even for just a little bit.

Then there's Bailey, who had a really rough day, but she managed to remain calm, cool and collected through it all. In fact, somewhere between her husband repeatedly telling her "you're never here," to the racist paramedic insisting on having a white doctor work on him instead, I was fully ready to see Bailey lash out. She never did though. Instead, she chose to "rise above it all." In retrospect, Bailey had a lot of poignant moments in this episode and one of my favorites (as another poster already mentioned), occurred in the OR between her and George, when she told him, "Don't interrupt me when I'm calling on Jesus. I don't do it very often and I'm afraid He might not hear me." I'll be curious to find out next week how that surgery ends up and what becomes of Mr. Bailey when he realizes his wife won't be coming to lunch.

The ambulance crash took me by surprise and was tough to stomach. It was hard watching Stan (Theo Rossi) realize that he was never going to survive that crash and it was harder yet, watching his wife, Sara (Shanelle Workman), say her last goodbyes. Part of me kept thinking, if they could only free him from the tangled mash of metal quickly enough, maybe they could save him from bleeding out. Then when Stan noticed that his fellow EMT, Ray, had an oxygen regulator embedded in his side, I started to wonder if anyone was going to survive this accident. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait an extra week to find out what the future holds for three out of the four paramedics involved in that crash.

For Nick (Seth Green), the future also looks bleak, which makes me even more sad because I really liked the relationship he had going with Lexie. I knew it was just a matter of time before his artery would burst, but I felt like it was a bit overdone when it actually happened. Nonetheless, I

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILEFIX

Episode 4.10: Crash Into Me, Part 2

Airdate: December 6, 2007

11/27 - I know Nurse Rose "saves the day" when it comes to McDreamy's computer-gremlin-riddled surgery, so I'd bet good money on that patient surviving... and on the experience making Derek swoon. Source: Kristin on E!Online 11/22 - In the stunning conclusion of a two-part episode, Meredith furiously works to save the life of a paramedic trapped inside an ambulance, as her sister, Lexie, holds the life of a patient in her hands; Derek must rely on the help of a nurse to save a patient's life, as Bailey struggles to balance her personal life with her work. Source: ABC

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Grey's Anatomy

by Erin Lulevitch

It's Good to Be Scared

Episode Recap: Crash Into Me (Part Two) December 6, 2007

What a night! Mer finally tells Derek that she doesn't want him to date other people and he goes and locks lips with Rose at the hospital! Shonda couldn't have planned that cliffhanger any better herself, because tonight's episode marks the last new episode available this month. All I can say is, I really hope that Derek doesn't choose Rose over Meredith. It's true, Mer was slow to open up to him, but how can he walk away from her now? Especially after she told him, "I don't want to lose you."

My heart really goes out to Bailey, too. Tonight, she put her troubled marriage on the line to operate on Shane (Gale Harold), a white supremacist. Though it didn't really surprise me that Shane was more concerned about his "ruined" tattoo than he was about how Bailey had saved his life. For me, it was almost harder to watch Tucker (Cress Williams), disregard the importance of Bailey's job and then suggest to George that their marriage was over now. I know it must be hard to be the spouse of a doctor, what with the crazy hours they keep, but they're saving lives! And Bailey works so hard. I just wish her husband could have been more empathetic.

I was also sad to see Nick (Seth Green) expire tonight. I really thought he and Lexie made a good pair and a romantic relationship between the two could have made for an interesting arc. Nick's sense of humor brought some fun to the show, too. Even as he continued to lose volumes of blood, he was able to joke that Lexie looked like "Carrie at the prom," since she was wearing half his blood. The only good thing to come out of that scenario was the pep talk Cristina gave to Lexie at the end of the night, which somehow resulted in Cristina bringing Lexie back to Mer's house for a dance party. Okay, one other thing made me happy here. I was glad that Meredith invited Izzie to join in on the dancing.

Speaking of Izzie, do we agree with George that the problem with their relationship wasn't due to a lack of chemistry? Hmmm. I'd say they have good friendship chemistry, but I don't really see these two getting together again some time down the road. I don't think the failed romance was bad timing, as George suggested. I think it just wasn