Tk & Rachel

team_10.jpg

Rachel & TK

Dating for almost one year

Rachel: Huntington Beach, CA

23, Florist/Store Owner

TK: Huntington Beach, CA

22, Substitute Teacher

Rachel & TK have only been dating for close to a year. Both of their moms were friends while they were growing up in Huntington Beach, California, yet they had never really spent anytime together until only recently. This fun-loving couple is always laughing and is eager to see if their relationship can stand up to the rigors of the Race.

Rachel owns her own high-style flower shop. She describes herself as bright and ambitious and claims that the biggest difference between she and TK are the lives they've led. He was a collegiate athlete at UC Santa Barbara while she stayed home and bought a business and started working straight out of high school.

TK currently makes his living as a substitute teacher. He describes himself as dedicated, witty and intelligent. TK swam in college and was voted team captain of the swim team. He also held the all-time record in the 200-meter backstroke at UCSB (University of California, Santa Barbara).

This free-spirited Team is looking to share the adventure of a lifetime together and maybe win $ 1 million prize in the process.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team looks like they'll be lots of fun and their adventurous spirit and his swimming ability may be a definite asset. I'm putting my money on them to go far...(no spoiler at all- just wishful thinking!)

• 2 weeks later...
Uhm... I'm thinking he's probably a pretty big slacker. Substitute teacher = works when he feels like it.

sooooooooooooooo not true! have you ever subbed before??

i like these guys. another fav team of mine!

they seem to compliment each other well

Wow! I better clarify what I meant by "substitute = works when he feels like it."

I did not mean that ALL substitute teachers are slackers.

I did mean that as a substitute you do not have to take the job when the phone rings in the AM (Or whenever you're called)

In this state a sub is like an on-call teacher.

If a teacher gets ill and they call for a sub, the substitute can decline the job for what ever reason they have.

Even, 'Nope...I think I will sleep until noon-ish and then lounge around in my boxers and watch game shows for the rest of the afternoon. '

Which is how I pictured little Mr. TKs' response to a phone call asking him to come in and sub for a day.

Uhm... I'm thinking he's probably a pretty big slacker. Substitute teacher = works when he feels like it.

Funny as hell. I'm sorry I didn't see it the day you posted it. I would have dubbed it "Line Of The Day". Male slacker + female enterpreneur = short term relationship OR long term if the female with low self-esteem variable exists.

Substitute teachers are actually quite busy. Before I got on with the board, I was getting several calls a day..I never got to just be off! Also, ppl aren't always subs by choice, they have to pay their dues until they finally get in the door. Blah!

Okay, enough ranting, I actually really like this couple. They work well together and seem pretty mellow. I'm routing for them.

• 2 weeks later...