Nicolas & Donald

team_07.jpg

Nicolas & Donald

Grandson/Grandfather

Nicolas: Chicago, IL

23, Pilot

Donald: Elkhorn, WI

68, Retired

Nicolas started his aviation career at the age of 17 at the University of Illinois and currently works as an airline pilot based out of San Juan. He describes himself as reliable, competitive and goofy. He describes his Teammate as rough around the edges and not too excepting of people who go against his advice.

This grandson/grandfather duo believes that Nicolas's traveling expertise will give them a leg up against the other Teams.

Donald has been married for 42 years and has two children. The sparks will undoubtedly fly along the course of the Race as Donald is never shy about telling his grandson what to do. While Nicolas relies on his ability to read maps and quickly navigate computers, Donald relies on old school street smarts and claims to be a jack of all trades.

Regardless of who's calling the shots in the heat of the Race, these two are looking forward to traveling the world together and creating lasting memories.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hold out much hope that they'll make it far, but Nicolas' map and navigational skills will definitely be an asset. Donald is going to have to be in excellent shape for them to make it to the end...go gramps!

I hope this Gramps turns out to be similar to old Rudy.

I hope so! I loved Rudy! I wish them luck!

I felt bad when he fell. I hope he and and his grandson goes far. I don't think they'll win though.

Poor gramps...He's starting to wear on my nerves alittle. I did giggle when he got down to his undies. :giggle:

The very tall grandson would have had a better shot at hopping over the ditch the first or second time.

nicolas did a good job at keeping calm when the asian dad got all up in his face. sure he was rude, but the dad (ron??) didn't need to admonish him. not his place.

and i agree, gramps needs to NEVER remove clothing again!!