Episode 4.06: The Other Woman (Juliet-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.06: Title Unknown

Airdate: March 2008

• 10/14 - Chandley Price - mid 30s to early 40s. Female. She is tough, no-nonsense and beautiful in an unadorned way. She is a therapist by profession and yet could benefit from some therapy herself. The qualities that make her a leader and effective at seeing into other people also cause her problems in her own life -- she can be overly controlling and obsessive. Her strength of personality is undeniable. Recurring role. Source: Lost Spoilers

• 1 month later...

Episode 4.06: Title Unknown (Juliet-centric)

Airdate: March 2008

• 11/18 - Episode 6 is Juliet-centric and features the return of three deceased characters: Goodwin, Ethan, and Mr. Friendly. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 2 months later...

Airdate: March 6, 2008

• 01/16 - Jacketeers (Jack and Juliet shippers) will like this episode.Source: Lost Spoilers

Episode Six Spoilerish Tidbit

Source: Kristin at EOnline

Veronika in Warsaw, Poland:Anything on episode six of Lost? I'm dying to know at least a little tidbit here and there.

Kristin:The flashback features a look at Juliet's history on the Island, including her reaction to the death of her lovah Goodwin at the hands of Ana-Lucia. I truly cannot wait to see Elizabeth Mitchell in action again.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Other Woman" spoiler tidbits

Sources: Kristin at EOnline

Diana: Anything on Juliet from Lost?

Kristin: Her upcoming flashback ep is entirely located on the Island. And yet it guest stars Alan Dale as Charles Widmore. That's what Arsenio would call a thing that makes you go hmmm...

David: Do you have anything on my favorite Other: Juliet?

Kristin: She's going on a little field trip to the Orchid Station. As in the station

with the "highly volatile and potentially dangerous" research

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Airdate: March 6, 2008

• 03/01 - The others have a therapist. And we find out she was married to Goodwin. Daniel and Charlotte have taken the gas masks and left everyone else to make their way to the new hatch. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 02/26 - Juliet's past comes back to haunt her (and a few others) when someone she would rather not see again resurfaces with orders to foil Charlotte and Faraday's mission. At the same time, Ben makes an intriguing offer to Locke that could spell even more trouble for the so-called rescue team. Source: TV Guide
  • 02/26 - [Juliet's] upcoming flashback [episode] is entirely located on the Island. And yet it guest stars Alan Dale as Charles Widmore. She's going on a little field trip to the Orchid Station. As in the station unveiled this summer at Comic-Con, with the "highly volatile and potentially dangerous" research-and them creepy numbered bunnies. I'm also hearing something about a field of skeletons... I'm told she's the one who initiates the kiss [with Jack]. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 02/23 - Juliet receives an unwelcome visit from someone from her past and is given orders to track down Charlotte and Faraday in order to stop them from completing their mission -- by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Ben offers Locke an enticing deal. Guest starring are Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Andrea Roth as Harper, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom and Brett Cullen as Goodwin. Source: ABC
  • 02/23 - I know that [Andrea Roth] plays somebody from Juliet's past in the March 6 episode. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 02/12 - Jack and Juliet will share a passionate kiss in Episode 4.06 - The Other Woman. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 02/12 - The flashback features a look at Juliet's history on the Island, including her reaction to the death of her lovah Goodwin at the hands of Ana-Lucia. Source: Kristin on E!Online

"The Other Woman" Sneak Peeks

Source: ABC

Sneak Peek 1

Sneak Peek 2

Lost's Elizabeth Mitchell Opens Up on Juliet, Jack, Her "Constant" and Tonight's Episode

Source: "Watch with Kristin" at EOnline

I have to tell you, I was just having a conversation about how much we have all absolutely embraced Juliet as part of the Lost cast. You kind of forget that she wasn't part of the original cast, and that hasn't happened with every new character.

That's so nice. Thank you so much. I do feel really happy you feel that way, and people have told me that. It's amazing to me, because that's certainly not what I expected when I joined the cast. I really just expected to come in and get to play as long as I could and get killed off pretty quickly, judging from what happened to everyone else. I think they penned it really nicely. They just needed a bridge in certain places, and that was this character. They needed a bridge between Ben and everyone else, and they needed someone to come in and be a little salt in the oyster of Jack and Kate.

And I really do like the fact that she does seem to like Jack. You're gonna laugh when I say this, but I feel like it's a very grown-up relationship. They seem to really respect and like each other.

Yeah. It's like Kate and Sawyer are the rambunctious teenagers.

Oh yeah.

And Juliet and Jack are slightly more mature and not really rushing into things.

Exactly. And even if they met 10 years ago, they probably would have been the same way.

So, Juliet's about to be featured this week...What can you tell me about her episode?

Well, it was a hard episode to do, because it's a very weak time in her life but actually quite interesting at the same time. Yeah. There's a bit of love and angst...

That always makes for good television.

Yes, it's always a bit interesting.

Yes! Well, we're hearing there will be a kiss, and we know that Jack and Juliet have kissed once before.

We haven't ever seen them be romantic, but they kissed goodbye, which was very brave of her. And this week, they do kiss again. It's a very interesting kiss in this one. It's kind of a holding-on-for-dear-life thing...It's very much of a desperation thing

Episode 4.06 "The Other Woman" Recap

Entertainment Weekly, written by Jeff Jensen

Friday, March 7, 2008

Stormy weather

''The Other Woman'' began with the Jack pack discovering that Charlotte and Faraday had disappeared into the jungle on an unusually rain-soaked night. According to the clues Lost has given us, this episode would seem to coincide with the tsunami that struck on December 26, 2004, an event that would only be relevant to Lost if you believe (as some do) that the Island is located in the Indian Ocean, not the South Pacific. So the severe rain shower that pounded the Island during the opening scenes could be a wink at the tsunami

Despite this being a Juliet episode and that the acting on Elizabeth Mitchell and Michael Emerson's part was superb, this episode just didn't measure up to the rest of this season, in my opinion. Maybe it was because it came on the heels of such a great episode as The Constant- I dunno. Anyway, we did learn several new pieces of information with the most important being. Ben is EVIL...really, really evil. With the mind of a warped little boy. I know this is a weird comparison but for some reason he reminds me of the bad guy from the movie The Incredibles...incrediboy. He has all this power but still has a (warped) boy's mind even when he grows up. He's going to use his power to get what ever, and who ever, he wants.

I don't find the "romance" between Jack and Juliet believable. Or maybe just a bit confusing. The kiss didn't seem all that passionate to me. We know that Jack has always had the hots for Kate- is Juliet a substitute or someone that just "needs fixing"? And has Goodwin been dead for that long of a time for her to transfer her feelings so easily to someone else? It seems more like a desperation thing on both their parts. Plus, I have to admit that I HATE the fact the Goodwin was married and that Juliet was "the other woman". Even if Harper was a poor excuse for a wife. It just didn't seem to fit Juliet's character for some reason,however, it did bring in the "Juliet is Ben's obsession" storyline nicely.

One of the most important revelations is the fact that Ben- somehow, someway- can communicate with the other "others" (where are they, by the way?) even when being held captive. :animated_scratchchin: How else would he be able to send the message via Harper to Juliet. Jack also saw her as well but with the addition of the whispers before she appeared, I'm wondering if it was just an apparition-like Walt? And if so, is Ben controlling all these apparitions?

Here are some added thoughts from 42f.com which are interesting as well:

lostbenpaintingotherwomsb5.jpg

You Look Just Like Her

I have to go back and watch closely, but when John hot the tape, the safe was empty. Then they watch the video and magically Ben gets the file. I find it extremely difficult to believe that John would just grab the tape and not a bit RED file.

i thought the episode was lacking on a lot of issues. Maybe because I'm not a Juliette fan, but I just can't believe that this woman can cause such distruction by choosing who to be attracted to and who to spurn. So Ben immediately falls for her or does he search her out because "she looks just like her" (whoever "her" is) and then he gets possessive?? Sorry, i just don't buy it.

And where the f*** did Harper come from? Didn't she leave with the others to Otherville. Can Ben control his ability to be two places at once, or did he time travel to let her know that she would have to meet Juliette in the jungle to warn her.

You guys saved me the trouble of having to post my comments. You guys pretty much did, and thank goodness I'm not the only one who didn't believe the kiss.

Taping over the Red sox....oh the Horror.

!! Taping the Red Sox...oh, the har-rah :P

BTW - I'm really really hoping Walt is the "man" on the boat. If the polar fields mess with some people (ie Desmond, the guy in sick bay, possibly Ben) Walt may be the master of time travel.

I was also thinking about the Harper appearance, as I don't think it was really Harper. I believe it was another island manifestation. Maybe the island is mad at Ben and wants Ben gone.

The freighters know about the purge because of Richard, IMO. He was there the entire time (pre and post purge) and seems to be able to leave the island, at least before 815 came to earth.

The only way to accurately describe this particular episode is: THE DEVIL'S IN THE DETAILS. There were a ton of little things that I missed because i was focusing on the Juliette snoozefest...er flashback.

I have to go back and watch closely, but when John hot the tape, the safe was empty. Then they watch the video and magically Ben gets the file. I find it extremely difficult to believe that John would just grab the tape and not a bit RED file.

Hmm...I'll have to go back and watch that again. I believe that Ben handed Locke the file but we didn't actually see where he got it from- but if he did get it out of the safe that would be HUGE because the safe originally only held the video tape. When Locke took it out the safe was empty. Makes me think of the "magic box" theory... :animated_scratchchin:

BTW - I'm really really hoping Walt is the "man" on the boat. If the polar fields mess with some people (ie Desmond, the guy in sick bay, possibly Ben) Walt may be the master of time travel.

An adult Walt...now that would be interesting! That would definitely be a twist most people wouldn't see coming.

I still think it'll be Michael but I'm hoping it's someone else...

Maybe because I'm not a Juliette fan

I hope for your sake Ben, I mean King of RealityTV, doesn't see this post... :unsure:

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name