Episode 2.11: Powerless

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 2.11: Title Unknown

Airdate: November 2007

• 10/14 - Bruce Evans - 28-35. A local news reporter working in Odessa, Texas. Source: SpoilerTV

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 2.11: Title Unknown

Airdate: December 3, 2007

• 11/03 - Heroes' second season may be coming to a close a lot sooner than expected due to the [...] writers' strike. Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike. Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted, the alt ending would likely be scrapped. Source: The Ausiello Report

Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike. Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc.

I certainly hope they don't have to shoot an alternate ending, because it wouldn't be what they had originally intended and I fear that an alt. ending would be unsatisfying and abrupt. Let's hope the writer's strike is a short one!

Episode 2.11: Powerless

• 11/11 - In episode 11, H.R.G. is in a cell of a sort. So unless the 'alternate ending' they filmed has changed, H.R.G. being in episode 11 means that it really can't be his remains in the urn. H.R.G. heads back to his cell. H.R.G. works on Elle, Bob has Claire problems. Disappointed Bob benches Elle. Source: SpoilerTV
  • 11/11 - Jack Coleman arrived late on the scene as he had actually just left shooting the much talked about alternate ending for "Heroes," the ending that may have to be used if the writers' strike ends up cutting this season short. Source: Comic Book Resoures [Note: So that means that either he shot a flashback or that H.R.G. is not really dead as per a picture circulating on the web.]

• 2 weeks later...

Source: "Ask Kristin" at EOnline

In the meantime, good news for Heroes fans: I bumped into Kring as he beelined to his car after the event, and he told me that even though there are only two episodes left, the last episode written before the strike (number 11) is "very much like a finale. Some huge stuff happens. You just wait."

This episode concludes the 11 episode arc called Generations.

Pretty much everything gets wrapped up and resolved, just like when reading a book 2 in a longer series of books.

At the NBC boards, someone who registered as "Insider" posted spoilers A MONTH AGO which have consistently come true.

Here are Insider's spoilers about episode 11, posted Oct 26 2007, 05:42 PM

P.s. I read (and saved) them before Halloween, and they haven't been changed, so I am sure they are legit.

I just didn't post them until now, because I figured 10 days in advance was fine, but a month in advance would be too long.

I warn you, this lays out pretty much EVERYTHING, in much detail, that will happen in this episode.

So DON'T read it if you like to be surprised.

*Episode 11 is titled

Can it really be true?!! (You knew i just had to read it) I'm refering to the last two items mentioned...If so... :party_smilie:

And is that a brain in a jar next to Nathan in that last photo?

Well, all of Insider's past spoilers have come to pass just as laid out, so I'm thinking all future spoilers will also come about.

And yup, that's a brain alright! (In a Primatech/The Company vault, I think.)

(It's clear when you click on the picture and view the fullsize version.)

From http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com/

6 preview clips for this episode spliced together on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhyTKVwQsw

(Not too spoilerish)

• Suresh comes home to find Sylar waiting in his apartment - [01:16]
  • Suresh finds out that Sylar has lost his abilities - [01:04]
  • H.R.G. tells Elle that she was tested on as a child - [00:51]
  • Bob tells H.R.G. that Claire is becoming a problem for the company - [00:45]
  • Micah asks Niki to help save Monica - [00:46]
  • Peter finds out that Adam killed Hiro's father - [00:58]

The on-set interviews for this episode (on Youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYlWL1rNvkg

(Worth checking out, for true fans)

• SENDHIL RAMAMURTHY

Episode 2.11: Powerless (Could serve as season finale)

• 11/16 - Deep below Primatech Paper in Odessa, TX, Peter's reunion with Nathan turns violent when the brothers, Matt and Hiro all clash thanks to Adam and his pursuit of the deadly Shanti Virus. After watching his heroic cousin captured by a street gang, Micah turns to the one person who can help him save Monica -- his mom. Meanwhile, Maya tragically learns how much of a monster Sylar really is during his kidnapping of Molly and Suresh. Meanwhile, Elle decides to play hero to get back into her father's good graces. Jack Coleman, James Kyson Lee and Hayden Panettiere also star. Source: NBC

Was it ever clearly explained last season why saving the cheerleader would save the world?

Not sure this is new or news but I speculate that the virus gets out but Claire's blood (as processed by Surresh) save Odessa and the world.

• 4 weeks later...

It was explained, but maybe not very clearly.

I'll give it a try.

In the original (unaltered) timeline, which we were never shown, Sylar had killed Claire Bennet and taken from her the power to regenerate. This allowed him to regenerate after Hiro stabbed him through the heart. From what it looks like, he then lost control of Ted's power (or used it on purpose to try to kill Hiro), which resulted in a nuclear-type explosion in New York. Having the power to regenerate, he probably survived that too, but Future-Hiro never really tells us.

After Future-Hiro came back and told Peter to save Claire, some changes occurred, which resulted in the future we saw in the first-season episode "Five Years Gone". Since Claire had survived and Sylar did not have her power to regenerate, this allowed Hiro to stab him and prevent an explosion. Unfortunately, this set Peter on a path which would have him encounter Ted and absorb his power, which in all likelihood never occurred in the original timeline. And because of his precognitive dreams, Peter was inexorably drawn to Kirby Plaza, with the resulting confrontation we all saw in the last episode of Volume 1.

So saving the cheerleader was supposed to save the "world" (just New York, actually!) by making Sylar vulnerable to a swordthrust to the heart. (But it didn't exactly work out perfectly, though.)