Episode 2.09: Cautionary Tales

Dade

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: November 19, 2007

• 10/29 - Convinced that the Company is close to finding them, H.R.G. prepares the family to run -- but Claire has other ideas. Meanwhile, Hiro returns from the past and learns of his father's death. Grief-stricken, he flings himself into past and makes a stunning personal discovery. After a charged first encounter with Elle, Suresh makes a decision that could change lives. Meanwhile, Matt struggles with his expanding mental abilities and Maya and Alejandro's relationship is tested as they travel with Sylar. Peter meets someone who could unlock his past. Noah Gray-Cabey, Dana Davis, James Kyson Lee, Ali Larter and Adrian Pasdar also star. Nick D'Agosto, George Takei, Adair Tishler and Stephen Tobolowsky guest-star. Source: NBC
  • 10/14 - Bruce Evans - 28-35. A local news reporter working in Odessa, Texas. Source: SpoilerTV

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: November 19, 2007

• 11/11 - West and H.R.G. have Elle. The Company has Claire. Time-tripper Hiro returns to the night of his father's murder -- but can he change the past? [...] A six-pack of actors from Heroes -- Hayden Panettiere (Claire), Kristen Bell (Elle), Nick D'Agosto (West), Stephen Tobolowsky (Bob), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder) and Jack Coleman (H.R.G.) -- has gathered on the beach in San Pedro, California, to film a confrontation scene that could en in a prophesis tragedy. Viewers have known for weeks that the clock is ticking on H.R.G. (aka Noah Bennet) -- one of Isaac's paintings shows him lying dead with a bullet hole through his famed horned-rimmed glasses -- but will Claire Bear's daddy really get wacked? "Everyone painting we've had on Heroes has come true," says the show's creator, Tim Kring. "But don't forget, sometimes the true meaning of a painting has been misinterpreted." [...] This episode, "Cautionary Tales" (airing November 19), involves a very real showdown with gunfire and tears. "The Company has come back to haunt H.R.G. by going after Claire, and this is all about what a father is willing to do about the mess he's created," Kring says. Coleman adds that his character is doubly freaked by the painting "Because it shows him dead and it looks like Claire is standing near his body kissing a young man who's in shadow. It makes his daughter seem complicit in his death." Is the young man West, who was once traumatically "bagged and tagged" by H.R.G. as part of the Company's tracking system? Does he become the killer? Or will one of the other characters on this beach do the dirty deed? [...] "Claire just shoots Elle a nasty glare -- and, trust me, it didn't require much acting." Bell shrugs and counters, "That's OK. There's a scene later on where I get to zap the hell out of her with my lightning bolts." Panetiere rolls her eyes and drops some scoop. "Puh-leeze, she misses me and hits West," she says. "The he passes out on top of me and crushes me. What a gentleman." Clearly pals, they squeal with laughter, but Bell can't resist playing her trump card. "Just wait," she says. "You'll find out that Elle holds the key to Claire's future." D'Agosto says this episode marks "the first time West and H.R.G. have a clash. H.R.G. is furious, and his intention is to find West and keep him from being with Claire." The actor adds that he's only signed with the show for half a season and claims, "I have no idea what happens after that. It's a mystery." Source: TV Guide

TOP TEN THINGS THAT LIE AHEAD

1. Next week, HRG and West are going to buddy up. (I know. Kooky.)

2. Hiro sees his daddy again.

3. Matt Parker can do so much more than read people's minds! I'll tell you what else he can do, but first...stop what you are doing and give me a million dollars.

4. Suresh slips further down into the dark side. Boo...

5. Elle asks if Suresh's superpower is to be a punching bag. Ha!

6. Bob and Clairebear meet up. This is not good.

7. We find out who killed Kaito Nakamura. And yes, it's someone we know. And his motive is revenge.

8. Hiro is pissed. You're gonna love it.

9. Next week, someone's going to die. And you are not going to like who is going to die. You're not gonna like it one bit. (And neither is Claire...Whoops. Did I say that out loud?) Anyway, yeah, get ready to freak.

Source: Kristin at EOnline

Hayden and Kristen Discuss Their First Episode Together

Source: TV Guide

This is our kinda hostage crisis! Heroes went on location to the beach at San Pedro, California, to shoot a scene (airing tonight, 9 pm/ET, on NBC) in which Company men Mohinder and Bob plan to swap Claire for Bob

Three sneak preview clips for tonight's episode:

Cautionary Tales sneak preview clips

Well, they explained a lot with tonights episode. This is one thing (of many) I like about Heroes writing. They don't leave you hanging forever. I kinda figured HRG wouldn't be killed off and it hit me that Claire's blood would save him. I'm glad they didn't leave us with him dead and bring him back in a later episode.

Will Elle change sides? Hmmm, now she knows about her past, could she see the error of her ways? I hope not, I like her as the sexy villian.

No hidden secrets for West? He's just a normal teen who can happen to fly and loves Claire? That's what it looks like, but we haven't seen his parents yet... could his mom be the lady in the picture?

This was my favorite episode so far this season! Kudos to the striking writers. (barring Suresh's crappy bandage, which he still had on to fulfill the painting prophecy)

You're right, baron, they did give us alot of info..

I kinda figured HRG wouldn't be killed off and it hit me that Claire's blood would save him. I'm glad they didn't leave us with him dead and bring him back in a later episode.

Yeah, I figured there would be some slant that would show him dead but have Claire's blood be the thing that would heal him. What a COOL way to have him come to! That eye transformation and then his sudden gasp-brilliantly done.

Will Elle change sides? Hmmm, now she knows about her past, could she see the error of her ways? I hope not, I like her as the sexy villian.

I hope they don't have her change sides too...I'm just loving hating her too much ;) What a great actress she is! My guess is that she's going to be more of a Sylar-type person...not for either side, but rather her own warped side. Kind of a lone adolescent psycho. Can you imagine if they ever have Sylar and Elle meet up? Whew, I can't wait for those fireworks!

No hidden secrets for West? He's just a normal teen who can happen to fly and loves Claire? That's what it looks like, but we haven't seen his parents yet... could his mom be the lady in the picture?

Ok, I have to admit it- as hard as it is to say, I think I was wrong about West. I'm still not 100% sold on him but this episode changed my viewpoint of him quite a bit. I still think that not all of his story has been told, however, and I agree with you that I think it will have something to do with his parents...or lack of them, perhaps? I'm wondering if one of his parents is one of the ones in the photo that is already dead. Matt Parkman mentioned that the only ones still alive in the photo were Bob, Angela and the woman-but there were a few others in the photo that we don't know anything about that are presumed to be dead. One looks like a hispanic man (related to Maya and Alejandro?), one is an African-American woman (related to Monica and Granny, maybe?), then there is a least one more woman and a grey-haired man. I'll have to go back and look at the photo again...

But my favorite parts of the show were the Hiro and Kaito sequences...and although I pretty much knew the killer would be Adam, I loved how Hiro found out by stopping time to see his face. well done! And Matt figuring out that his powers included the power of persuasion as well...yes, a very good episode, indeed. :2thumbsup:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Casey Marsella

You Can't Play God

Episode Recap: "Cautionary Tales"

This episode lived up to everything Heroes means to its

Thankfully, we know something else about cellular regeneration. It can bring a person back from the dead. Or perhaps, Noah wasn

Well, I think the "mostly dead" idea makes sense. It's probably within 24 hours. I doubt Claire could bring back Abe Lincoln or King Tut.

The big question is why would Bob bring back HRG? It had to be Bob. HRG was about to kill Bob. Bob knows what HRG is capable of and knows he won't rest until the company is dead. So why bring him back? He's dangerous.

Good question. I have three theories:

1. They're related somehow ...the most far-fetched since Sandra only recognized him as an employee of Primatech and NOT as a relative, but there are alot of things she doesn't know about her husband, so who knows?

2. He needs him as bait to get to Claire.

3. He is going to use him as a guinea pig and then indoctrinate him back into The Company.