Pushing Daisies

Just a little update for everyone. The last scheduled episode aired on ABC on December 17th. There are three more episodes that ABC intends to air at some later date.

I signed the petition, as Jedi suggested (I always follow Jedi's suggestions). There were 54 thousand signatures then, and today there are 71667.

Despite a campaign to get AMC to pick up the series, Kristin Chenoweth (Olive Snook) has already found new employment on David E. Kelley's new series, "Legally Mad," the Boston Legal creator's new series for NBC.

On the Daisie's petition site, Austin reports: "ABC is definitely done with PD. I asked my source if Warner Brothers was going to shop the show around to other networks and this is the response I got:

'We believed they were trying to shop us around, but we are literally tearing down the sets this week, so it seems that this is the end.'"

So for those of you holding out hope for a Daisie's movie, I don't think even Ned's magic finger could put life into that.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I'd discovered this show earlier- it must've aired during the same time as another show I watched. Anyway, I received the season one dvd set for Christmas and have absolutely FALLEN IN LOVE with this show!! I'm so sad that it's ending :disappointed:

Olive Snook rocks!

Thanks to some editing it looks like series creator, Bryan Fuller, has given the last episode of Pushing Daisies a new opening and ending, meaning the cliffhanger that was planned and would anger fans is now going to be replaced with something that offers at least a modicum of closure.

That's good to hear!

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering when and if we're going to see the final episodes of ABC's now-canceled Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money?

Stephen McPherson, the president of the network's entertainment division, expressed genuine-sounding remorse about killing the three shows on Friday. "I really love those shows," he said. "I commend the producers. They delivered what they promised, but we just weren't able to get the numbers that we needed." His mea culpa went on to say, "I wish we had been able to give the producers series-ending notice. Because of the timing, unfortunately, we weren't able to."

When pressed to give more specific details about when the series' final episodes might air, McPherson was cagey, citing the complications of local affiliates, the flood of new midseason programming on ABC and the general lack of available "real estate" in their schedule. "It's not as simple as saying, 'Let's find a spot for that,'" he said. Uh-oh. He went on to say that they're weighing their options, but it didn't sound good.

• 2 months later...

:dance2::dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

Final Episodes of Pushing Daisies to Air This Summer

Source: Entertainment Weekly, April 8, 2009

ABC is scheduling some serious appointment television on Saturday nights this summer.

An Alphabet insider confirms that the final episodes of Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money will be burned off on consecutive Saturdays at 10 pm/ET beginning May 30 and ending Aug. 8.

Here's the specific breakdown per show:

* Daisies' final three episodes will air May 30 to June 13

* Eli Stone's final four episodes will air June 20 to July 11

* Dirty Sexy Money's final four episodes will air July 18 to Aug 8.

• 1 month later...

Yipee skippy! I'm assuming that's 9 pm my time but I'll have to check. Thanks for the reminder, Art!

Arrrrgh! I missed it!

(Ok, that totally sounded like a pirate. :outfitted_pirate: )

Yipee skippy! ...
(Wow, I haven't hear that since Miss Piggy on the Muppet Babies!)

If you all like Pushing Daisies, you'd love Dead Like Me! It was just like this, but different at the same time. It was so good and also got canned way too early. Created by the same guy as Pushing Daisies too. They are petitioning to get it back also but instead got some straight to DVD movies that just aren't the same.

I loved Pushing Daisies, what a shame. Why are they cancelling all the good shows now too? (My Name is Earl :( )

QUOTE (kayo @ May 28 2009, 03:34 PM)

Yipee skippy!

(Wow, I haven't hear that since Miss Piggy on the Muppet Babies!)

Hey, maybe that's where I picked it up from! It's a regular phrase of mine that drives my husband crazy...I love Miss Piggy though- yipee skippy!