Pushing Daisies

It definitely gets my vote for Best New Show.

Why I like it

The story: Lots of comedy, a little mystery, some romance, musical interludes, the whole supernatural element, and that fairytale feel.

On the production side: the camera angles, super-vibrant color choices, great one-liners, visual jokes (like trying to handcuff a one-armed man!), story development, fluidity from episode to episode.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: "Pie Lette"

I

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: "Pigeon"

Another Wednesday, another delightful episode.

Poor Ned. It looks like he

I'm not disagreeing with the theory that it is okay for them to touch each other through clothing (it made perfect sense to me when I first read it) but I got to thinking about when Ned couldn't catch Chuck as she was falling in the apartment. Ned would have been touching her clothes when he caught her so technically, if the "only skin-to-skin contact counts" theory is true, it should have been alright.

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: "Girth"

Interesting episode title and interesting episode. And by interesting I mean excellent, as usual.

I like that we spent some serious time with Olive this week. I know many of you love her, and tonight we got a little glimpse into Olive

• 2 weeks later...

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: "Bitches"

Written by guest blogger Katie Bottner

Chuck and Ned fans, I can hear you breathing a sigh of relief that the Olive/Ned kiss was just a dream sequence. Though for a moment I thought that was real Chuck that tripped and was going to fall on Ned

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap:

32502909xa6.jpg

Pushing Daisies

TV Guide says here that the concept of ABC's "Pushing Daisies" was intended to be a small plot twist in Bryan Fuller's "Dead Like Me." In that show George Lass (Ellen Muth) was given the job of grim reaper after being killed by a rogue toilet seat. She was supposed to take the souls leaving the living world. The twist was, Fuller said, "George was going to discover she wasn't able to collect some souls because somebody was coming along and bringing people back to life [with a] touch." Fuller used one of his favorite films ("http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/' target="_blank">Am

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap:

• 1 month later...

pushingdaisies02ml8.jpg

Pushing Daisies

by Kara Howland

Episode Recap: "Corpsicle"

Chuck gives Oscar (Paul Reubens) a piece of her hair so he can find out the truth about her smell. Emerson tells Ned he has a daughter but later blames carbon monoxide poisoning as the culprit for his sharing mood (but we know the potato was inserted in the tailpipe after he shared that information). High as a kite from a mood enhancer, Lily tells Olive Chuck

• 9 months later...

What happened to the flower power at ABC? Pushing Daisies, the critical favorite that turned primetime television upside-down, may be the latest show to be on the short side of a television executive's grievous error. With production on the series' initial 13-episode order due to end on November 12, the lack of a full-season pickup has Daisies fans and cast members thinking the touch of death is near.

post-2-1225421815_thumb.jpg

Pushing Daisies is part of ABC's Wednesday-night block, which has been one of the season's more puzzling disappointments. Private Practice, Dirty Sexy Money, and Pushing Daisies are all down in the ratings department, and no one seems to know why. Nevertheless, Private Practice received a full-season pickup about a week ago, but word on both Daisies and Dirty Sexy is still mum.

Kristen Chenoweth, who plays fan favorite Olive Snook, is concerned about the show's future.

"It looks like we could possibly not be getting picked up. We have not gotten our order for the back nine [episodes] yet," Chenoweth told The National Ledger. "We finish November 12, and if we don't get any more news, then that means we're done. We just don't know what's going on. It's the not knowing that is driving everybody crazy. We're still doing our show and keeping positive, but I think deep down people just want to know."

What Daisies has going against it is the show's high production values; it isn't a cheap show to make. And with the economy sluggish (and that's a euphemism), ABC has to take a business-first approach. On the other hand, critics and executives are high on the program, so it's really a case of cross your fingers and wait and see.

An online petition has been started that currently has more than 14,000 signatures on it. If you're a fan, we highly recommend signing up.

Source: TV.com

• 2 weeks later...

Will Pushing Daisies creator and former Heroes writer Bryan Fuller bring new life to NBC's struggling series?

post-2-1226121667_thumb.jpg

Jimmy Jean-Louis (aka The Haitian) tells TVGuide.com the rumblings about a return are real.

Should Fuller head back to Heroes, where he was a writer and co-executive producer when it first launched in 2006, he would come amid the show's abrupt shakeup in which producers Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander were ousted this week.

As such, his rumored homecoming would be a mixed blessing. "Bryan is a great writer, and I feel good about that," Jean-Louis said at the Gears of War 2 launch party on Thursday. "But I [would have] felt good, as well, if Jeph and Jesse stayed."

Also, talk of Fuller returning to Heroes casts serious doubt about the fate of Daisies, which in its second season has been weighing down ABC's Wednesday lineup with soft ratings and has yet to secure a full-season pick-up. "I am exclusive to Daisies through the delivery of the 13th episode of our 13-episode order, which will be mid-January," Fuller explained to EW. "If Daisies isn't picked up by then, I will definitely be going back to play with my friends at Heroes."

The firing of Heroes' Loeb and Alexander wasn't only a shock to fans, but to the cast as well. "I couldn't believe it. They're two top writers," Jean-Louis said. "I don't know what reasons [the powers-that-be] have behind it, but hopefully they know exactly what they're doing."

Jean-Louis, however, knows that third-year serial is in need of some super-powered refocusing. "We are reshaping as we speak," he said, "so we can get the right storylines going, so the fans can come back to us. I have confidence that we'll get them back to us, and even get more. It's a great show."

"We just have to sit down and think about what's wrong," he added, "and try to change direction."

ABC's "Pushing Daisies" wraps production on its 13th episode today and industry sources are buzzing that the network does not plan to order more episodes.

Yet ABC spokesperson says no decision has been made, and series creator Bryan Fuller says he has not heard a verdict.

"We have heard nothing in any official capacity," Fuller says. "Our ABC exec was on the set last night saying they are still swinging in the fight to keep 'Daisies' on the air. Spirits are high and hopeful and everyone here is very proud of our work and this show."

The show will have to be alerted soon to avoid disruption of production.

"Daisies" has averaged 6.6 million viewers and a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating this season.

Fuller has previously said he may return to the writing staff of NBC's beleaguered "Heroes" if "Daisies" is shut down. ABC has only canceled one series so far this season, the game show "Opportunity Knocks."

Source: THRFeed.com

Is the pie-maker dead? Will we ever see him again?

Bryan Fuller told E! that ABC president Steve McPherson called and said 'We gave it the best shot we could.'

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo-hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

As reported by E! News earlier today, the ratings for last night's "Oh Oh Oh It's Magic" episode were the series' worst ever numbers in the key 18-49 year old demographic.