Final BB8 competition analysis

spacecadet

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we saying that there is an "honor among thieves" kind of atmosphere--it's OK to lie but heaven forbid that you cheat?

Well, yes, it's ok to lie, but it's not ok to cheat. Goodness, there has to be some semblance of integrity to this game... there are rules for a reason.

I mean, with that logic, should Jen have been allowed to eat while on slop, since that was being bandied about as cheating? (btw, I read a recap on TWOP that the eating while slop is drawing an intentional foul, not cheating, and I agree, but many called it such)

And if you have to cheat to win, it hardly makes you a great player at all, and that is my opinion on the matter. There's no arguing that he won, but did he cheat to get there? I think yes. Will there be consequences? Clearly no. The only hope is that the producers won't try to pull this same bologna next year.

Space--

I actually agree with you that it's not OK to cheat but how someone, i.e., Dick, could justify one's behavior. I, too, agree that there should be rules and they should be followed, etc. But, if someone cheats, the odds are that they would not admit it.

I understood why Jen broke a rule and ate food. Was it right? No, and there were consequences.

As far as Dick being a great player, I didn't say that, I said that he was a better player than I gave him credit for (which, by the way, I didn't give him that much credit--I gave the majority of the credit to America and Eric). Was Dick entertaining? ABSOLUTELY!!!

I actually think that he may have cheated as well. I even went back to the feeds updates to see if he talked about the questions with Daniele that night but they really didn't talk about the competition that much which makes me even more suspicious!

I'm glad that Dick won BB8 over his daughter but I guess that we'll never know if he truly cheated or not...

BigMDGirl...

I am actually glad he won over Daniele as well!!! It's horrifying to say that, but it's true. ;)

And yes, I 100% agree that he would NEVER admit to cheating at the very end... firstly, it doesn't behoove him to do so because, well, he won. Secondly, it may call to question his victory.

I didn't mean to imply you thought he was a great player... I think Dick thinks he's a great player... but if you have to cheat to win, I don't think that makes you a great player at all. Add in the AP twist... then.......

;)

could be, just me. i've met a lot of people who really liked dick...so, i don't know. i liked the donatos but didn't really vote, too lazy...so, it could've been a fix, i guess. i think a lot of you are assuming the "cheat" was real, too...i mean in the final hoh. i've tried to look at it objectively, because the work the guy did is fascinating. i've shown it to a lot of people. i just don't buy it; it looks very random to me. "and if this happened and he was looking here"...i just don't think you can predict behavior like that. i've seen lots of players on bb, over the years, fiddle with the cards in strange ways. were they all cheating? was it all a fix? not that it's not real...i just don't see it or believe it. i know lots of people hate dick, i'd just hate to see this morph into "it's been proven dick cheated"...just like jen morphed on that same other board from having a little school left to having 2 college degrees! i guess i just like proof...not that you all can't speculate. carry on!

I find it hard to believe that the producers would not have sat in each seat & made sure you couldn't see the other. So the question here is were the producuers

1.) stupid for not checking to make sure you can't see the other seat

2.) corrupt for allowing Dick to see Zach's answers.

You decide . . . .

i just watched the episode with the final competition again... and watched dick very carefully. sooo he put his answers up a second or 2 after zach... dont forget, dick had his cards stacked on top of each other and zach had his side by side. so it would be easier and faster for zach to put his answers up vs. dick who had to get his from under each other.

another thing i noticed (and i dont know why the guy that posted is theory that dick cheated didnt come to this conclusion) if you look at dick and zach head on, the mirror right behind them is blacked out on the bottom half. you can only see the top of their heads. soooooo even if dick glanced over at the side mirror like the guy was saying, he wouldnt be able to see zach's cards because the bottom half of the mirror is blacked out! not only that, but they are sitting down which would mean even more of the mirror would be blacked out from their angle.

while watching where is eyes went, he was always looking down... or up at the screen where julie was asking the questions. same with zach.

cbsbothcards.JPG

I am just confused how Fizzle can say she isnt obsessed like others and goes back and watches the competetion

I think Fizzle--and many others of us--would just like to put the topic to rest.

Watching the comp gives us "proof" (if that is needed) that yes, it doesn't need further discussing, and there is no longer any basis for controversy.

I think Fizzle--and many others of us--would just like to put the topic to rest.

Watching the comp gives us "proof" (if that is needed) that yes, it doesn't need further discussing, and there is no longer any basis for controversy.

Again -- then don't post here, don't read it, the heading of the thread is quite clear. As I said before (and will say again), the televised show may be finished, but the speculation is not. Some of us wish to discuss it. If it's over for you, why do you all keep posting in the bb threads?

ETA: I'm so over the constant gushing of Dickhead posted in this forum, but hell, you have a right to post as much as I do -- so carry on.

Sorry but she called those of us discussing it Obsessed, yet here she is. She struck first with the insult, yet she is doing the same thing

She called the guy who came up with the Dick cheating thing obsessed for trying to prove dick cheated yet she went back and watched the show to prove he didnt

Well kids, I TRIED to make the point...

Yes, go ahead, Justme; continue to discuss whether Dick cheated or not, and continue to ignore Fizzle's post that proves he didn't (cuz hey, if you acknowledged that post, there wouldn't be much left to discuss). You're absolutely right; it's your perogative to discuss this however long you wish.

As for me...gush gush, Dick Dick.

I read and looked at the entire article.

1. Someone put way too much time into TRYING to make it look like he cheated.

2. It's a bunch of cr*p.

IMO (erinjs)

So what's your theory, Erin? (since you're the one who read the whole report). Can you tell us why you think it's a bunch of crap, or is it simply a biased opinion because you love Dick? Can you give us details to counter or contradict the analysis? Or is just a bunch of crap to you because it says Dick cheated?

The eye contact stuff is a bunch of crap. Come on, as a teacher, yup a teacher, kids look up when they are THINKING about an answer. You notice that stuff. Dick is looking into the mirror, which he would need to squint into (which by the way shows no squinting), yah right. Go back and look, he completely is not focused in on anything, you don't see the intensity in his eyes. But hey, maybe he has some sort of special eyes that he can see all or something.

People sit there and stare at their cards or tests when they are thinking. Nope. You look up, you look around. But hey, must be biased because I'm a Dick fan.

Archived