Halloween Movies

echo

I have always thought the 1972's Exorcist was pretty chilling because of it's slow pacing builds and builds to a very intense ending. And the idea of a 12 year being possessed makes it even more disturbing. The most recent DVD has extended scenes. This movie will give you nightmares. :)

While I LOVE the classic horror flicks we all grew up watching, they're just not scary to me. None of them. Like my favorite is the Halloween series, but don't consider them scary. This is coming from someone who can't watch anything remotely scary without it effecting me for months!!! I'm still afraid of my garage after watching SAW b/c I'm afraid someone will grab me when I turn off the light. I race up the stairs every time!!

LOL this is definitely not the thread for me! I've never even watched the Wizard of Oz all the way thru cuz when those ugly monkeys start flying I have to leave the room!!!

One movie I have watched at Halloween was Carrie. When my kids were in middle school I let them watch it and even knowing how it was going to end it still scared me!

I am a woose - I know!

Wow, well I guess I won't be watching Identity now that I know who the killer is *looks at Erin* LOL! It's okay, when I saw Saw and the guy laying in the middle of the floor in a perfect X position (x marks the spot), I screamed out that he was the killer... who would have thought? There, that feels so much better! hahaha

Echo, yep, the Exorcist still does it for me. I'm 30 years old and still can't actually watch the movie. I even change it when a commercial for it comes on, on Scream. Apparently real "haunted" things happened during the taping of the show. I don't know what, I've just heard that things happened.....

In Identity I joking guessed that it was the kid.... hahaha, who would've thunk?!

AWK....Spoiler. That is like telling people Bruce Willis is dead in The 6th Sense. :lipsrsealed2:

Echo, yep, the Exorcist still does it for me. I'm 30 years old and still can't actually watch the movie. I even change it when a commercial for it comes on, on Scream. Apparently real "haunted" things happened during the taping of the show. I don't know what, I've just heard that things happened.....

Many years ago I met Mercedes McCambridge who did the voice of the demon. McCambridge won best support Oscar for her work in All The King's Men (1950) and was noninated again for Giant (sister to Rock Hudson). McCambridge was very much like that character she played in Gaint.

Identity was a pretty good flick, but am I missing something?... I DO remember who the killer was but I don't remember a kid. Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie?

Scary movies that freaked me out as a kid- Black Christmas (a total b movie with Margot Kidder playing the first victim), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I couldn't sleep for a weeks), Halloween, The Exorcist and Poltergeist (I hated that clown under the bed!)

Scary movie that totally freaked me out as an adult- Silence of the Lambs

Scary movies that should have freaked me out but didn't- The Ring and The Blair Witch Project (they made me crack up for some reason)

Hilariously funny semi-scary movies- Joyride ("CANDY CANE!") and Tremors

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't seen Identity or any of the Saw movies or the Ring or anything recently... too much TV? My favorite has to be the original Halloween. That was a classic. I try and watch it each Halloween. 1 and 2 were the best. I actually liked 3, but it had nothing to do with the others. The rest weren't any good in my book.

Few movies scare me, but I like the mood that Halloween movies put me in. It isn't a scary movie, but in the beginning of the movie Hocus Pocus, the witches call the little girl into the forest and her brother tries to save her. It's filmed in an erie kind of light and it just kind of gives me this chill. Pretty wierd for a children's Disney movie. I wish the whole movie was like that.

The original Halloween was pretty good. I like several of John Carpenter's films. The remake of "The Thing" was good. "Escape from New York" wasn't a great movie, but Kurt Russel's portrayal of "Snake Plissken" makes the movie worth watching.

identity is one of my all time favs.

Clearly a man who has good tastes in movies

my ultimate fav is poltergeist!

Go into the light Carol Ann!

LOL as a child i used to freak my mom out by changing the channel to the fuzziness like the movie, she would walk out and come right back in and i would be so quick to be sitting in the same spot(this was when there was no remote controllers haha)..oh how she was scared of ghosts and stuff like that.. :animated_rotfl:

Twilight Zone TV used to scare me. To this day I don't put my bed against the wall for fear I might roll into another diminsion. Two other episodes that scared me were the "My name is talking Tina and I'm going to kill you" doll and the one where the lady went to the dept store for a thimble and turned out she was only a manniquin that got a weeks vacation each year!