Survivorman

Baron

I did a search and I didn't find this on the forum. I figured I would put the topic here. It's not scripted but not really reality TV either. Documentary maybe?

Anyway, I have seen all the episodes except for when he was balooning in Africa. I find a lot of his survival techniques interesting, but I feel in the recent episodes he's taking less chances. When he was stranded at sea, he had a boat keeping track of him and radios for communication. I understand the need for safety, but it just doesn't seem like he's really surviving. When a storm hits, the rescue boat comes and picks him up. Well, gee. I hope when I get stranded at sea, a boat comes helps me too.

I probably shouldn't pick on the guy. He's got some guts, but the show is sold as 7 days alone when that isn't always the case.

One of these days Survivorman is going to run into Bear Gril (Man v Wild) and I think they will either A) fight to the death or B ) just wave at eachother.

I still watch both shows. The only problem is my husband's survival bags that he keeps in the truck is getting bigger and bigger.

BTW - if I found out I was going to be on Survivor, I would be watching these shows 24 hours a day!!

Archived