Julie Chen

Myron

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie is a reporter, she sticks to the facts. I think she is beautiful, charming and very intelligent. It is not her job to talk trash or be catty...That's for House Calls. We do not (I hope) watch the show for the Host!! The evicted houseguest must be interviewed the following morning on CBS, so who better than her?? She has established a rapport w/each houseguest and has an inside track on the goings-on...I think she watches the show (to some degree)...You can't get all those details from the teleprompter, and have them come off as being natural.

WHADDUP, KAYSAR!! B)

I think Julie C does fine with the hosting. Not sure how much a person wants her to say, you really can't say much to any of the guest due to the integrety of the game. Just the same as Marcellas & Gretchen are restricted as to what they can say to an evicted guest. I bet if she was allowed to, she would call people out.

The 2 problems with this season is the pairs didn't really work that well, and then 1 HG(Eric) had divided this house at the beginning and it stayed that way. So the normal strategizing of everyone against each other really never happened. It's been a cult team against the others. And then the Sheep spend night after night after night talking about Janelle, just as they are doing this evening again. Hope Marcellas or Gretchen is able to ask these people what their fascination is with Janelle during the wrap show.

C'mon now. Do we really have to bash Julie? She does a fine job. What would BB be w/o her? She's like vanilla. Sure, we all like to try strawberry or chocolate for a change, but really now, where would we be without our vanilla?

Vanilla lovers unite!

Guest Syrus III
I'm not crazy about Julie but she has to be better at the job than anyone mentioned above.  Well, Ryan would be good but I think he's busy. lol

YEah, she's not the greatest but I like her just where she is right now. Marcellas wouldn't shut the hell up, so it'd just end up being his segment instead of the House Guests.

Julie Chin is just way too nice. They need to get someone who will call the HGs out for how they played the game. She is all smiles - way too nicey nicey. I wanted to scream at her several times this year when she was interviewing HG and she is SO NICE. I would either like to see her replaced or add a co-host that will call people out. She can be the nice one while the other asks the questions we all are asking.

CBS needs new producers too - this SUMMER OF SECRETS has been so lame most of the time. They go 2 weeks with out a "twist".

Guest ZarinaRay
Julie Chin is just way too nice.  They need to get someone who will call the HGs out for how they played the game.  She is all smiles - way too nicey nicey.  I wanted to scream at her several times this year when she was interviewing HG and she is SO NICE.  I would either like to see her replaced or add a co-host that will call people out.  She can be the nice one while the other asks the questions we all are asking. 

CBS needs new producers too - this SUMMER OF SECRETS has been so lame most of the time.  They go 2 weeks with out a "twist".

I totally agree with your post. Especially the part about the "Summer of Secrets" being lame. I mean, come on producers. Someone winning a trip is not a twist!

Guest Syrus III
Julie Chin is just way too nice.  They need to get someone who will call the HGs out for how they played the game.  She is all smiles - way too nicey nicey.  I wanted to scream at her several times this year when she was interviewing HG and she is SO NICE.  I would either like to see her replaced or add a co-host that will call people out.  She can be the nice one while the other asks the questions we all are asking. 

CBS needs new producers too - this SUMMER OF SECRETS has been so lame most of the time.  They go 2 weeks with out a "twist".

Just a slight need for clarity here, but when you say 'nice' do you really intend to say 'professional'? I don't think Julie's too nice to the House Guests, I think she just has a high level of professionalism that comes with being a news anchor, so she's sociable and objective, adds in her own little quips and tries to keep things smooth for someone coming out of a very stressful environment.

No, I don't think nice is the word, her level of professionalism that carries over into the show irritates you because you want to see someone more 'real', if you will, that'll ask the hard hitting questions that may further unbalance someone who's already been kicked out of the House. You want people called out which adds up to Subjective > Objective, which is perfectly human to want a host you can indentify with.

Personally, I think that Julie's social interview is a comfort to most House Guests coming out of the hectic House. She's calm, she's miling, and that's something they're probably relieved to see after their tenure, short or legnthy, in such a cut throat game.

Again, I like the way Julie conducts the show.

I wouldn't change hosts. Who cares if Julie has a stick up it? It isn't about her.

My point is that if you bring in someone new and "vibrant", the show will spend more time showing us the host showing off and trying to build a fanbase for future work.

Ehhh, whatever. After this sorry season, I'm done. I've watched every episode of every season and I've watched the show decline each season.

Guest iheartbb

you picked some great replacements which made it hard but i voted for marcellas.

HOWEVER, as great as marcellas would be, i love julie! awww, she's cool and to be honest, i always get excited to see what she's going to wear. she has THE most amazing taste in clothes! what a great job and what a lucky lady to have access to cbs's wardrobe department! being married to the cbs head honcho i'm sure doesn't hurt either! i think she's one of the most beautiful women in the world. :D

It wouldn't be the same without her, I don't think she should be replaced. Especially with some of the choices you gave. Replacing her with one of them would be like replacing Simon Cowell with that kid John with the red hair on American Idol or replacing Jeff Probst with B.B. from the first season of Survivor. And even though I can't stand him, it would be like getting rid of Nol

to start with marcellas isnt impartial enough to be the host and hes far too excitable. lol i can see him stomping his foot and having a fit when his personal choice answers a question wrong and isnt eligible for HOH.

if julie called people out more in their eviction interview marcellas and gretchen would be out of a job. thats their gig.

and would absolutely LOVE to see simon do exit interviews with them all! he could make them cry and rethink their entire lives. lol but again, marcellas and gretchen would be out of a job.