Kitchen Nightmares

Joah

I used the search engine several times and couldn't find a thread for it?

This show rocks! I'd say each episode gives you the same or even better high than some of the episodes on Hell's Kitchen!

This second episode was great.

In the beginning, Gordon was like "Where are you?"

the chef answered "New Jersey." (they're in New York) :animated_rotfl:

That's so awesome they fired the GM which I'm only assuming happened b/c he magically wasn't there in the last scene.

That Indian waitress looked like she clung to anyone with money/power. She so wanted to hop on that consultant's train. The one that Ramsey brought in from a different Indian restaurant.

Even with the major cleaning they did on that restaurant, I don't think I could ever eat there knowing how disgusting it used to be. My mind would be filled with the images of flies, rotting food and cockroaches. I get the hee-bee-gee-bees just thinking about it.

I felt badly for the owner because I'm assuming that he thought buying into 'American' management could help his NYC business. What a toad that guy was! Unlike on his other show, I don't think Ramsey can fire anyone in these - but he can sure recommend to the owner. He couldn't give up on the pseudo-mafia-king last week, or this jerk last night. Loved how happy the Indian chef was - so cute.

And I'm not sure, but I think the Indian "waitress' was his wife - helping out.

LOVE Ramsey - on any show.

By 9, gizz means eastern time for anyone else reading. 8 central ;)

Comes on whatever channel Hell's Kitchen did, which I want to swear is Fox, but I'm the last person who knows what channel I'm watching. I base it off what comes on that channel for remembering ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed last night's episode but TOTALLY wasn't surprised to hear he sold the restaurant after Ramsey fixed it up. The male owner just wasn't leadership/owner material.

Jump.

How high?

Higher, $#%#@!

:outfitted_pirate:

I missed the very beginning of the show last night. Does anyone know where that restaurant "Old Stone Mill" is located? What a great looking building. And after changing it into a steakhouse, it's definitely a place I'd try if it's somewhere local.

• 2 weeks later...

I have BBC America and they had been running Ramsey's UK version

of Kitchen Nightmares....it was great! So when I found out that they were

going to do a US version, I was so happy. I'm really enjoying this show!

I loved Hell's Kitchen!!!!!!

I'd watch anything with Gordon Ramsey in it! LOL :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I think this guys' pizza place is going to close, Gordon did his best, but the guy doesn't want to be a sucess! He'll go back to his bad ways. Sorry Gordon, you can't save them all luv.:heart:

That Hollywood jerk is probably still gonna be back with his "20 Options Pizza" one hour after Ramsey is outta there. What a waste that would be. Hope he wakes up and smells the frozen dough

I agree 100% girl! :)

I was channel surfing as usual and I happen to catch an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen (the UK one) and I have been taping many episodes from the BBC channel....love both the US and UK shows :).....

and also the chef contest he has...for the life of me I can't remember the title lol

• 2 weeks later...

I had a feeling it wouldn't come out of its hole. rent+cost of running the restaurant and things associated with it+debt seemed too much for the area the restaurant was in. I also think a lot of the blame is on the owner and her failure to be assertive [AND FIRE] those who worked for her. I would not want either of those cooks working for me even if I was impressed how well the black chef worked on the opening night. Overall, he's too disrespectful and ghetto (screaming in the kitchen, singing real loud knowing you are being evaluated by a top chef, etc) for my taste. The other guy was just inexperienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonights' episode was great!!!!!! I really hope all that Gordon did for this family-run restaurant will continue, and follow his advice. :pixiedust:

Last nights episode was the first time i watched.

I really liked it. Ramsey ---what can i say! I love this guy and he is not afraid to say what he thinks!

That Peter guy.....what a gooombah mafia wanna be! He acted like the godfather and repulsed just about everyone!

I also like the guys who came to collect money----hmmmmm wonder what type of "BILLS" were not getting paid! Illegal i am sure.

They needed to get rid of that guy...he was not good for the restaurant...between drinking everything in sight...hey get me an esspresso....or a cranberry pineapple juice to free dinners for his / car repairman/ tanning place/ dentist etc... and he would just come in and take $200 or $300 and just go out for the day--- i am sure to the race tracks or local bookie no doubt.

i loved when he kept crying that he needed something and Ramsey said " get it your f---ing self!"

the workers wer so dead on with that guy....a big spoiled baby who cared more about his suits and car than the restaurant that provides him with all that stuff.

what a gooooombah!

That Peter guy was such a tool! I couldn't believe that he was bugging the bartender constantly to get him a drink, when it was so busy. The last straw was when he went into the kitchen and ate the customer's stuffed mushrooms, and then the customer had to wait! I doubt he will change permanently, as that's a lot of years of being spoiled by everyone to just turn it all around in one day. The father killed me -- talking about how it was just normal for a grown man to act like Peter acts. I think Peter has steroid rage or something. He's outside trying to attack a bill collector, and meanwhile his Dad is knocked to the sidewalk, and he doesn't even notice! Again, what a tool!