Cane

thequeenjoni

I TiVo'ed Cane and will watch it to night along with the final episode of BB8 and LOST.

VHS?.... I saw one of those things once. I couldn't figure out how to use it because they never had remotes for them back when I love Lucy was still on TV. I'm still trying to figure out why they made TV shows in B&W, that makes no sense at all. Somebody wasn't thinking straight!!

Haven't seen it yet in the TV schedule, but I'll look more carefully. What day is it on for you guys?

Yath: it was on last night ( Tuesday )

does anyone still have VHS recorders? i have one in my closet somewhere.... hey, did you go to cbs.com? see if you can watch it online?

Fizz: :animated_wave: yes, that would be me......

7 of them ( one in each room including 1 on my lanai )

I have not graduated to the recording part of DVDs.....I have a few players and one vhs/dvd recorder but I'm just not ready to let go of my vcr's.

Besides it took me forever just to get these quote things right !!

I did go to CBS and for whatever reasons those knuckleheads are not offering that on innertube

I'm kicking and screaming my way into this century

If you haven't seen it...get your popcorn ready, turn off your phone(s), lock your doors and tune in. It is a very well written, well acted show.

basics: The family owns a sugar cane farm and when we begin the series, Frank (Richard from Lost!!) is the eldest son who has been brokering a deal to sell the family business to the "Samuals", a southern mafia charictature family. Alex (Jimmy Smits), is the son-in-law who has lived with the Duce family for years, started on the ground floor of the family business and is encouraging the father to not sell the business.

But again, the story is well written (like West Wing written) and the acting is superb.

If you haven't seen it...get your popcorn ready, turn off your phone(s), lock your doors and tune in. It is a very well written, well acted show.

YAY !!

I was hoping someone would say its "that" kind of good !!

ooooooooo I'm excited.

Echo, my sister has TiVo and loves it but, she says that if she's TiVo-ing a show she can't watch something else on that same TV or it TiVo's what she's changed it to.

I have that same problem with the TV I have my cable box on. I only need one box in one room to get HBO and the rest of the rooms we get up to channel 98.

If I'm taping on the cable box TV and began to channel surf ( flip ) then later when watching I am watching flipping too.

You may want to sit for this but, only in the last 3 years or so did I finally get a CD player; cassettes AND an 8 Trak player was my thing.

I know, I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck !!

Basically she said you can do three things at once.

- Watch a live show and record another (just like how one VCR works)

- Record two shows at the same time. (like having two VCRs)

- Record two shows at the same time, while watching a show you have already recorded. (Like having three VCRs)

:cheshire:

• 2 weeks later...

This a fairly good show, not sure how well it is doing in the ratings. I suppose they are hoping to pick up the people who enjoy the Sopranos.

The show appears to be is a bit like the Godfather saga, except in this series it is a Cuban family, and instead of handing over the "family" business to youngest son as in the Godfather, the business is handed over to the adopted son (Jimmy smitts) who's biological family was left behind in Cuba. In the Godfather, that was Tom Higgins (Robert Duval).