General Impressions

Katydidit

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Impressions Sept 24 (Women):

(no one has to pick a favorite yet!)

#1 - Jenny Garth, 90210 - I was impressed beyond expectations. A keeper for now.

#2 - Josie - this is not her competition. Excused.

#3 - Sabrina - HOT. She put her best up front. A real gamble - needs to start learning.

#4 - Marie Osmond - I believed her, that she could do it. Ergo, so could all of US.

#5 - Mel, Scary Spice - Earthy. It looked like she learned something - she "gave up control."

#6 - Jane Seymour, Medicine Woman - "Class and grace" is her intent. I saw it tonight.

Pretty fair assessment Katy. The only thing I would slightly disagree with was your comment on the judges assessment of Floyd. He was fun to watch, very energetic, good rhythm and all that...........he just isn't a ballroom dancer yet. He was as good as a kick butt dancer you would see in any club. He just has to fine tune the ballroom part, show a little more grace and a little less club dancer. He's a natural, he just needs to channel it. If he can do that, he's going to be around for a while. I enjoyed all of the guys, even Wayne. Helio is my pick of the guys at this point. He has it all as far as I'm concerned. Personality is a big part of the success of a dancer on this show and he has tons.

I agree, juv - based on my thinking that he might be the one they've targeted for 'most improved' dancer. After all, controlled footwork is a major aspect of boxing, so maybe they're going to insist on it in his dancing, too. I hope he makes it.

That's why I'm still thinking Josie for this week. Wayne is going to have to 'step it up' to stay in, even as the token. Public might get smart - and tired of token. Besides, wouldn't we still have Marie Osmond for that?

Yes we would, even though she isnt the oldest female she moves like she is. She seems a little matronly.

On a side note, I conned my 21 yr/old son to sit through last nights show with me. He was actually pretty impressed. He was in awe that the women danced in such high heels, which I thought was pretty funny. He also doesn't see how a pair can dance the way these folks do and not become "romantically" involved. The one thing he didn't assume which really surprised me was that the guys weren't all gay, kids his age generally assume something like that. One taste of the show and now he thinks ballroom dance would be a major attraction to potential girlfriends. Ahhh to be that age again!

One of my top 5 was Mayweather. I guess he did not follow the dance steps as the judges would like and was a little more freestyle. I do see a lot of rythem in his dancing and when the reign him in he is going to be fantastic.

I was sorry to see he got the lowest scores of the men.

Oh, yes!!! Tell your son that I'm chiming in with an ageless female point of view.

Way up there on the top five most romantic dates: a night with a guy sharing ballroom dancing! Okay, so don't call it that - it's all about all that arm-in-arm contact.

(dated someone like that for maybe a month - he was latin and we didn't last - but I have NEVER forgotten those dates!)

This season I would love to see a non-competition night of the female celebrities dancing with the male celebrities. May not run the highest on the charts, but we should see some talent vs. do-what-I-show-you.

this is my only my second season of watching. I didn't know if I would watch again as I tuned in specifically to see Apolo Ohno last time, but I"m hooked again! Do wish they wouldn't drag out the eliminations so much though.

Some of the scoring puzzled me a little bit. It just seemed like the judges were a little more cautious with their numbers last night. After the first couple of 21's, it became clear that 7 was going to be the rating for any dance that was good but not knock your socks off good. They came out of the gate last week full of praise and wonder and now this week they're backing off to their normal comments and criticisms. After a week one of high 20's, what were they expecting after 4 days of practice, all 10's?

As a viewer watching week 2, I think I'm going to hold off on an opinion of Floyd, he may not be the dance prodigy he appeared to be during the first episode. Marie gets points for guts but overall, I didn't think she was that great. As much as I adore Jane Seymour, I thought they were fair with the assessment of her dance. She tried but for a mambo it just didn't have a lot of sauce to it. Wayne, well........a B+ for effort but go ahead an send him home please. Let us watch dancers that can dance. For my own viewinig pleasure (seeing Max), I hope Mel continues to improve. Albert......hmmmm, I think Albert likes Albert way too much. Helio is the man!

And on a personal note: Catwishes if you're out there watching, come post with us. I really miss your input and friendly debate.

Agree right down the line, Juv.

Just want to add that if Sabrina pulls it off one more week, I'm going to have to put her into my #1 female spot. Again the idea of celebrity-with-celebrity intrigues me. Would love to see her with Helio.

Again a good dancer gets the boot! Either they should not put anyone on the show that doesn't have a large fan base or do away with the fan votes altogether!

This feels like BB and America's vote, why is America sooooooooo STUPID! Why don't they vote for who can dance.

Albert Reed was really good and now he is gone because he is an unknown. I have nothing against Wayne Newton but he is not good. Every season it's the same thing good dancers get the ax and the Billy Ray Cyrus, Jerry Springer etc. stay!

Okay my rant is done and I don't feel any better about it!

I am shocked that Albert left this early but not disappointed. He would not have made it to the finals anyway and his ego was a bit too much for my taste. He was however far better than Wayne Newton. Nothing against Wayne, he just doesn't have a chance. It's unfortunate that these older men skew the voting for such a long time on the show. The older women; Giselle Fernandez for example, people don't seem to have a problem getting rid of early.

This is a show my boyfriend and I used to both watch. He won't watch it anymore because they keep these old icons that can't dance and he thinks it messes with the professionalism of the dance.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name