Rules Of The Big Brother Game

echo

There are a lot things a HGs can and can't do. Some of those rules are obvious, such as they can't physical hit\harm each other. Other rules are less obvious and not revealed publicly.

I know a lot of people here were really bothered by Dick's verbal attacks, but I just saw it as all game. And I did perceive that he was very limited in what he was saying in his verbal attack. I believe there is a BB rule, for example, that HGs can't start making up lies about other HG's lives outside the house. Dick couldn't have lied that Jameka had a baby out of wed lock and gave it up for adoption when she was 14, and then start attacking her based on those lies. What is fair game is whatever HGs chooses to reveal about themselves.

The rules may be a bit messed up, but there is probably a written rule at the end of the rules, as every reality tv show does that says they may change the rules at any point. That is what happened when the Jen thing went from a penalty nom to a vote. They may have done that with things Dick did at times if there was anything in the rules he broke because CBS was pushing for them the whole time. Every show has this so they have some control over the game. They wouldn't be stupid enough to make the rules without putting in a clause that says that they can change the rules at any time. Sorry if you don't like it, but it is a business, too.

First off, if the police wanted to arrest Dick, they wouldn't be waiting until the season was over. They can go into that house anytime they want and haul his ass out of there. And it's pretty obvious that Jen caused that incident with the cigs. Yeah, Dick blew smoke in her face but big deal. She was trying to physically remove the cig from his hand. Who does that to somebody with a lit cig and doesn't expect to get burned. I am a smoker and if I am smoking a cig and someone comes up to me and tries to take it away from me, I would try to burn them too. If anything, Jen physically assaulted Dick during the incident, not the other way around.

As far as the tea incidient goes, I think Groderner's explanation on HouseCalls on Friday was acceptable. In no way did Dick threaten Jen's physical safety by pouring the tea on her. She was in the middle of a argument with Dani and all he did was come up to her and pour the tea and then walked away. I don't look at that as a physical assault and BB would of had a lot to explain had they evicted him for that when they themselves orchestrated the whole mustard on the shirt AP task.

Yea if you read my post I said it was BS but it would be funny as hell to see Jen's face if it did come to fruition.

I was basing it on the post that said some friend of a Fox reporter had news that CBS made a deal to arrest him right after the show . Sounds like crap but would be a Kodak moment .

Sorry, I see the Iced tea thing on Jen (who by the way I hate as well) as a PHYSICAL ATTACK. Dick isn't man enough to do that to a guy. He should have been evicited on the spot. What if a lemon hit her eye and she was blinded for life?

I have never LAUGHED so hard in my enitre time on this message board. Blinded by a Lemon in the eye--that is CLASSIC. Get over your hatred for Dick and face the fact that him and his daughter are 550K richer.

:party_smilie:

Wonder what became of that rumor that Jen filed charges aganist him for the cig incident

I am interrested to know if there is any truth to that rumor also ?

Sorry, I see the Iced tea thing on Jen (who by the way I hate as well) as a PHYSICAL ATTACK. Dick isn't man enough to do that to a guy. He should have been evicited on the spot. What if a lemon hit her eye and she was blinded for life?

just wait...I got shot with a water gun yesterday....I'm calling the police to put that little punk in JDC.

And..When I was at sea world i was splashed by Shamu...put that rabid beast down.

Finally a "friend" handed me a coke that was shaken up and well lets ust say i'm a bit "shaken" by the experience

If someone can be arrested for assault and put in jail for 24 hours for spitting gum at an airport security officer during a debate on whether he/she was parked in the short term parking lot for 12 hours, not 24 hours, the Dick dumping ice tea on Jen should be considered assault.

It's really up to the arresting officer and DA's office on whether charges can be filed. I would be interested in what happened immediately after the incident. Did she go to the DR and request pnishment or charges? Is that why they supposedly call her a c*nt?

Had to pop in and found this thread interesting enough to respond to.

Dick is a stupid man. It doesn't matter that it was a game -- his verbal abuse (and yes, even physical abuse) is all over youtube and elsewhere -- all there for the world to see. Plenty of concrete evidence for those who want, or need it. Do you think a judge will care that it's a television reality show? Nope.

Not only that, brainless Dick actually makes THREATS about certain hgs -- ON TAPE. Stupid move. Again, do you think a judge will take lightly "I'm going to *** up the ass until she bleeds to death" (or whatever his exact words were) just because it's the BB show? Plus other threats -- again, on tape. Let's be real, shall we? -- a judge won't see it in the same light as a BB D/D fan. Not even close.

Any one of those abused houseguests can take Dick to court and sue him for his winnings -- plus more. Stupid, stupid man. He better hope every one of them are willing to forgive and forget.

He even admits to cheating on tape (really, how stupid is that?). btw - read an interview with Vincent where V said his dad read the code all wrong. So you never know what COULD have come of it...or what other cheating wasn't mentioned on tape. But that's a separate issue, concerning only the game (as wrong as it was to let it go, IMO).

I will be interested to see if anything comes of Dick's abusive behaviour after the show's over. I'm hoping so, but who knows? IMO, there's too much to sweep under the bb carpet.

Dick is a stupid man. It doesn't matter that it was a game -- his verbal abuse (and yes, even physical abuse) is all over youtube and elsewhere -- all there for the world to see. Plenty of concrete evidence for those who want, or need it. Do you think a judge will care that it's a television reality show? Nope.

Ok, lets go with that. Just because all you Dick haters are mad because they dominated the game doesn't give you any permission to call him stupid. If he was stupid, he wouldn't have done all the verbal attacks and wouldn't have aligned with Dani. He was smart by doing both and it got him and Danielle to the finale. End of story. That definatly makes him stupid that the Donatos dominated the game in all fascets and made it to the end when the were the clear target the whole game and won a HOH or POV whenever they needed it most. yup, definatly the dumbest people in the history of BB.

If he was stupid, he wouldn't have done all the verbal attacks and wouldn't have aligned with Dani

Definition of stupid:

Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes

Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless

Pointless; worthless

Hmmmm he may have made it to final two but the definitions are closely descriptive of Dick Donato.

JMO

Ok, lets go with that. Just because all you Dick haters are mad because they dominated the game doesn't give you any permission to call him stupid.

Wrong. AP dominated the game, Dick and his daughter were the preferred choice as Eric became the Donato errand boy.

If he was stupid, he wouldn't have done all the verbal attacks and wouldn't have aligned with Dani. He was smart by doing both and it got him and Danielle to the finale.

Yeah, it was definetly Nobel Prize winning brilliance the way he thought he made a deal with Eric that saved him and evicted Dustin. He said Zach wouldnt be seen as a mastermind in his goodbye message...neither will he.

That definatly makes him stupid that the Donatos dominated the game in all fascets and made it to the end when the were the clear target the whole game and won a HOH or POV whenever they needed it most. yup, definatly the dumbest people in the history of BB.

LOL making it to the finals of BB is not a valid argument in determining intelligence. So by your logic, Cowboy must be a NASA rocket scientist. :animated_rotfl: Luck and (in this season) outside interference is the reason why the Donatos are sitting as the F2.

I know you are defending a couple of illiterates, but you don't have to go overboard by not spelling definitely and facets correctly. And, by the way, Dick didn't initiate the deal with EriK (which he reneged on, by the way) Erik did, only to win an extra couple of bucks. What a houseful of idiots. I think you can put a retard in that house and he would out-think anyone of these houseguests.

Just because all you Dick haters are mad because they dominated the game doesn't give you any permission to call him stupid.

Permission? You're defending Dick, the king of cuss and verbal vomit, yet you're saying that *I* don't have a right to call him something as tame as stupid? You've got to be kidding.

I guess all those hgs gave Dick permission to spew his lashings, huh?

...and I'll call Dick whatever I want, thank you very much.

Taken from Jokers: Here is a transcript on the from Alison on Housecalls on the ice tea incident. Take it for what it is worth:

Next caller asked if Allison can explain why ED not evicted for dumping the tea on Jen cuz it is a physical attack. They go

to a clip. Allison said it is something they look to see what is the intent. A physical attack, violence is brawls & fights like

the huge brawl in backyard in BB6 that could endanger people. he dumped it on her & walked away. She not the wicked

witch of the west & she not going to melt. Howie dumped it on Marcellas & I had to tell him he wasn't going to melt.

Gretchen said Jen laughed it off. Allison said she was shocked. They look at everything. What the intent was, how it

might physically endanger the HGs.

I would think that if the former houseguests would try to press charges against Dick after the show ended, they would truly have a hard time getting anything out of it. It would just look like they were doing it to get money and not because they felt any real threat. At any given time in the game, anyone of the houseguests could have reported to BB that they were being verbally or physically abused and he would have been gone. Not a single one did. They accepted his behavior. That doesn't make it right, just each person has there own idea of what constitutes abuse.

Archived